Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-15-2012, 11:38 AM
calbears96 calbears96 is offline
Registered User
Location: VA
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 44
Mein Auto: 2013 F10 535i
Just ordered 2013 535i

Hey everyone. Can't wait to get it.

535i:
-Imperial blue metallic
-Cinnamon brown dakota leather
-cold weather package
-M Sport package
-Premium package
-Technology package
-Dynamic damper control
-rear-view camera
-multi-contour seats
-park distance control
-premium hi-fi
-manual transmission

Scheduled for production 1st week in November. All for $62885 + tax, etc.
Reply With Quote
Advertisement
  #2  
Old 10-15-2012, 12:03 PM
Silververtu Silververtu is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: US of A
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 126
Mein Auto: 2013 550i M Sport
Congrats!! When did you place the order? I placed mine on Oct 4 and I am still waiting for the production date.
__________________
2013 BMW 550i M Sport SAT

Gone But Not Forgotten:
2006 AUDI 2.0T A4 Avant, 2007 BMW Z4 3.0si Roadster, 2006 BMW M Roadster
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-15-2012, 12:34 PM
calbears96 calbears96 is offline
Registered User
Location: VA
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 44
Mein Auto: 2013 F10 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silververtu View Post
Congrats!! When did you place the order? I placed mine on Oct 4 and I am still waiting for the production date.
Just this morning. According to my CA, the slot I got was for first week in November
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-15-2012, 01:10 PM
Silververtu Silververtu is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: US of A
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 126
Mein Auto: 2013 550i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by calbears96 View Post
Just this morning. According to my CA, the slot I got was for first week in November
Great! Time to call my CA.

He only told me that I should get the car by thx giving.
__________________
2013 BMW 550i M Sport SAT

Gone But Not Forgotten:
2006 AUDI 2.0T A4 Avant, 2007 BMW Z4 3.0si Roadster, 2006 BMW M Roadster
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-15-2012, 01:16 PM
Chuck W.'s Avatar
Chuck W. Chuck W. is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Agoura Hills (LA) CA
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 955
Mein Auto: 12 BMW 535I MS Alpine Wht
Nice car. Just make sure you see the CB interior in person. It looks very different in person.
__________________
2012 BMW 535I 24,000 Miles
ED Pick Up on 12/03/2011; US Pick Up on 01/27/1012
Alpine White, M Sport, Blk Nappa, Cold Weather, Luxury Seating, Premium, Premium Sound, Tech, Sports Trans, Active Cruise, Heads-Up

Mods - Quad Exhaust Tips, HID Fog Lights, Clear Front Reflectors, M5 Spoiler, Calipers Painted Black, 12.5 mm Rear Wheel Spacers, Tint - 5% Rear, 35% Front & 50% Windshield - BlackVue DR500GW Dash Cam, Blendmount for Valentine One

Coding by tuesday (aka; itschase) (Chase)
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-15-2012, 01:32 PM
miamiboyca's Avatar
miamiboyca miamiboyca is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Dallas, TX
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,669
Mein Auto: F10 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by calbears96 View Post
Hey everyone. Can't wait to get it.

Scheduled for production 1st week in November. All for $62885 + tax, etc.
That's what about $1100 over invoice? Just got mine for $500 over invoice... you may want to push a little more


Separate note - you are going to LOVE LOVE LOVE the tranny - very smooth and fluid. Only thing I don't like (or am not used to) is location of reverse.

I got a very similar build and I wish I had gotten the soft close doors - I found myself have to reclose the doors over and over again. Maybe I am just a wuss... LOL
__________________
2013 535i Space Grey, Biege, M-SPort, Premium, Tech, Cold Weather, Luxury Seating, PDC, 6MT ED-10/11/2012 - PCD Redelivery-12/14/12

Last edited by miamiboyca; 10-15-2012 at 01:34 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-15-2012, 01:55 PM
calbears96 calbears96 is offline
Registered User
Location: VA
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 44
Mein Auto: 2013 F10 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck W. View Post
Nice car. Just make sure you see the CB interior in person. It looks very different in person.
I did see it in person, loved it.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-15-2012, 01:59 PM
calbears96 calbears96 is offline
Registered User
Location: VA
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 44
Mein Auto: 2013 F10 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiboyca View Post
That's what about $1100 over invoice? Just got mine for $500 over invoice... you may want to push a little more


Separate note - you are going to LOVE LOVE LOVE the tranny - very smooth and fluid. Only thing I don't like (or am not used to) is location of reverse.

I got a very similar build and I wish I had gotten the soft close doors - I found myself have to reclose the doors over and over again. Maybe I am just a wuss... LOL
Good news on the transmission then.

Like the space grey on your 535i. Did you just get back from ED?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-15-2012, 02:04 PM
miamiboyca's Avatar
miamiboyca miamiboyca is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Dallas, TX
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,669
Mein Auto: F10 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by calbears96 View Post
Good news on the transmission then.

Like the space grey on your 535i. Did you just get back from ED?
Thanks, Just got back yesterday - it was great. Actually - to be honest it was %$#$#%$ awesome... lol
__________________
2013 535i Space Grey, Biege, M-SPort, Premium, Tech, Cold Weather, Luxury Seating, PDC, 6MT ED-10/11/2012 - PCD Redelivery-12/14/12

Last edited by miamiboyca; 10-15-2012 at 02:10 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-15-2012, 02:07 PM
miamiboyca's Avatar
miamiboyca miamiboyca is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Dallas, TX
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,669
Mein Auto: F10 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silververtu View Post
Great! Time to call my CA.

He only told me that I should get the car by thx giving.
Considering it will take 6 weeks just to get to your dealer... hmmm might be optimistic.
__________________
2013 535i Space Grey, Biege, M-SPort, Premium, Tech, Cold Weather, Luxury Seating, PDC, 6MT ED-10/11/2012 - PCD Redelivery-12/14/12
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-15-2012, 02:11 PM
calbears96 calbears96 is offline
Registered User
Location: VA
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 44
Mein Auto: 2013 F10 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiboyca View Post
Thanks, Just got back yesterday - it was great. Actually - to be honest it was %$#$#%$ awesome... lol
One day...

You're also doing PDC? Just got back from the national chapter BMW CCA M school day at the PDC. It too was awesome.

You'll have a great time at the PDC
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-15-2012, 03:03 PM
BigDeep1's Avatar
BigDeep1 BigDeep1 is offline
Festaholic
Location: Irving, TX
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 862
Mein Auto: 2011 535i Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiboyca View Post
Thanks, Just got back yesterday - it was great. Actually - to be honest it was %$#$#%$ awesome... lol
AWESOME! I was wanting to ask if you just arrived. The whole ED thing is super cool. I like how you were brave enough to park on the side of the Autobahn to take a picture

You guys are amazing at getting deals on Bimmers. I am taking you with me the next time I purchase! Congrats Calbears, on an amazing machine. Good choices on your options. What would MSRP be on that baby?
__________________

2011 535i Sport (Prem 1, 2)

Last edited by BigDeep1; 10-15-2012 at 03:05 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-15-2012, 04:07 PM
Keyser Soze's Avatar
Keyser Soze Keyser Soze is offline
just like that, he's gone
Location: Northern California
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,476
Mein Auto: 2013 535
I like the MT in my car, but my thoughts now after using it for a month is that since my right hand is deep in that iDrive farting around with all the settings, ipod, phone, etc all the time, it does kind of suck in traffic. My old car just has an ipod plugged into the aux port and everything else was available on the dash for immediate and quick (although obviously much more limited) selection.

Also, 1st gear is super super short.........and coming from 5-speeds only for the last 10+ years FTMP, I don't know what to do with a 6th gear and just find myself hammering around in 4th all the time. derp.

I'll also say that the Dakota leather on the E46 was way better than the current incarnation on the F10 so I'd get the Nappa/MC if I had to do it again.
__________________
2013 F10 535i M-Sport, Sophisto Grau, 6-speed MT
2011 E90 335i Sport, Jet Black, Sport Auto, Performance Edition
2002 E46 330i Sport, Jet Black, 5-speed MT, lots of upgrades
2001 E46 330Ci Sport, Steel Grey, 5-speed MT....and more


Last edited by Keyser Soze; 10-15-2012 at 04:19 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-15-2012, 04:14 PM
calbears96 calbears96 is offline
Registered User
Location: VA
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 44
Mein Auto: 2013 F10 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDeep1 View Post
You guys are amazing at getting deals on Bimmers. I am taking you with me the next time I purchase! Congrats Calbears, on an amazing machine. Good choices on your options. What would MSRP be on that baby?
MSRP is 67,020
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-15-2012, 04:42 PM
miamiboyca's Avatar
miamiboyca miamiboyca is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Dallas, TX
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,669
Mein Auto: F10 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
I like the MT in my car, but my thoughts now after using it for a month is that since my right hand is deep in that iDrive farting around with all the settings, ipod, phone, etc all the time, it does kind of suck in traffic. My old car just has an ipod plugged into the aux port and everything else was available on the dash for immediate and quick (although obviously much more limited) selection.

Also, 1st gear is super super short.........and coming from 5-speeds only for the last 10+ years FTMP, I don't know what to do with a 6th gear and just find myself hammering around in 4th all the time. derp.
You know, I do agree about the location of the iDrive button -it was obviously designed to be automatic. As for the gearing, I really can't say much about first - I spent a lot of time on the Alp roads where I spent most of it between 2nd - 4th... Great on the winding roads - for that it was buttery smooth.

Six gear, well that's for the autobahn...definitely used it there. hehehe

My two gripes are the terrible cup holder and the lack of an entry/exit feature on the seating. Even with the seating package.
__________________
2013 535i Space Grey, Biege, M-SPort, Premium, Tech, Cold Weather, Luxury Seating, PDC, 6MT ED-10/11/2012 - PCD Redelivery-12/14/12

Last edited by miamiboyca; 10-15-2012 at 04:44 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-15-2012, 06:01 PM
Keyser Soze's Avatar
Keyser Soze Keyser Soze is offline
just like that, he's gone
Location: Northern California
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,476
Mein Auto: 2013 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiboyca View Post
You know, I do agree about the location of the iDrive button -it was obviously designed to be automatic. As for the gearing, I really can't say much about first - I spent a lot of time on the Alp roads where I spent most of it between 2nd - 4th... Great on the winding roads - for that it was buttery smooth.

Six gear, well that's for the autobahn...definitely used it there. hehehe

My two gripes are the terrible cup holder and the lack of an entry/exit feature on the seating. Even with the seating package.
I just spent 3 days driving my Father's Nissan Murano LE through Lassen Volcanic Natnl Park to go hiking/camping and noticed it did have the entry/exit seat move/steering wheel adjustment......yer right the F10 needs it.
__________________
2013 F10 535i M-Sport, Sophisto Grau, 6-speed MT
2011 E90 335i Sport, Jet Black, Sport Auto, Performance Edition
2002 E46 330i Sport, Jet Black, 5-speed MT, lots of upgrades
2001 E46 330Ci Sport, Steel Grey, 5-speed MT....and more

Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-15-2012, 07:53 PM
Alan L. Alan L. is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: East Coast
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,449
Mein Auto: LCI 550i Msport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post

I'll also say that the Dakota leather on the E46 was way better than the current incarnation on the F10 so I'd get the Nappa/MC if I had to do it again.
I second this. Nappa changes the way the car looks/feels completely. It really brings the car into 7 series level interior wise with Nappa
__________________

2014 LCI 550i M Sport | 3D Design Front Spoiler | BMW Performance Black Kidney Grills | BMW Performance Trunk Spoiler | BMW Performance Gloss Black Diffuser | Painted Reflectors | Wincos 30% Tint | Supersprint Quad Exhaust | AC Schnitzer Springs | MORR VS8.2 Brushed Finished Wheels 20x10R and 20x9F | Michelin PSS Tires 245/35/20F 285/30/20R | M550d 16mm RSB |||More Photos of my car here|||
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-15-2012, 08:59 PM
joebruin joebruin is offline
Registered User
Location: Burbank
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 29
Mein Auto: Mercedes
For 63k, why dont you just order the 550 with M pkg. It is the same price if you pay around invoice.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-17-2012, 07:23 PM
PlzDuntBanMe's Avatar
PlzDuntBanMe PlzDuntBanMe is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Ontario, Canada
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 488
Mein Auto: 2011 BMW 750i
Hey congratulations! Waiting is the hardest part my friend
__________________

2011 BMW 750i (Current)
2010 BMW 528i
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-18-2012, 08:39 AM
Silververtu Silververtu is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: US of A
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 126
Mein Auto: 2013 550i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiboyca View Post
Considering it will take 6 weeks just to get to your dealer... hmmm might be optimistic.
I feel so too. As of today, 2 weeks after I placed order, I still do not have the production date yet.
__________________
2013 BMW 550i M Sport SAT

Gone But Not Forgotten:
2006 AUDI 2.0T A4 Avant, 2007 BMW Z4 3.0si Roadster, 2006 BMW M Roadster
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 10-18-2012, 09:06 AM
BigDeep1's Avatar
BigDeep1 BigDeep1 is offline
Festaholic
Location: Irving, TX
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 862
Mein Auto: 2011 535i Sport
I am still amazed at the deals you festers can get!!

I figured the best deals could be made with cars already on the lot. You are saying I can order a new custom F10 car to my liking and possibly get it for only $1500 over invoice (maybe as low as $500 if I bring Miamiboyca)??
__________________

2011 535i Sport (Prem 1, 2)
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-18-2012, 10:13 AM
Keyser Soze's Avatar
Keyser Soze Keyser Soze is offline
just like that, he's gone
Location: Northern California
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,476
Mein Auto: 2013 535
$500 over all day long.......you have to search and you have to be willing to travel though. My local dealer wouldn't budge from $1.8k over because they are basically idiots that despise potential customers.
__________________
2013 F10 535i M-Sport, Sophisto Grau, 6-speed MT
2011 E90 335i Sport, Jet Black, Sport Auto, Performance Edition
2002 E46 330i Sport, Jet Black, 5-speed MT, lots of upgrades
2001 E46 330Ci Sport, Steel Grey, 5-speed MT....and more

Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 10-18-2012, 10:37 AM
BigDeep1's Avatar
BigDeep1 BigDeep1 is offline
Festaholic
Location: Irving, TX
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 862
Mein Auto: 2011 535i Sport
Amazing! Sorry if I de-railed this thread.

Last question. How do you guys know the true INVOICE price of the vehicle. I feel like all I can find is the MSRP, which I know SHOULD be irrelevant .
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 10-18-2012, 10:47 AM
calbears96 calbears96 is offline
Registered User
Location: VA
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 44
Mein Auto: 2013 F10 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDeep1 View Post
Amazing! Sorry if I de-railed this thread.

Last question. How do you guys know the true INVOICE price of the vehicle. I feel like all I can find is the MSRP, which I know SHOULD be irrelevant .
I use bmwconfig.com.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 10-18-2012, 10:57 AM
miamiboyca's Avatar
miamiboyca miamiboyca is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Dallas, TX
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,669
Mein Auto: F10 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDeep1 View Post
I am still amazed at the deals you festers can get!!

I figured the best deals could be made with cars already on the lot. You are saying I can order a new custom F10 car to my liking and possibly get it for only $1500 over invoice (maybe as low as $500 if I bring Miamiboyca)??
No problem. I will hook you up with my guy from CA - but he does a lot in Texas.

Yep use BMW Config to figure pricing and then addd the profit ($500) for the deal. Its that easy.
__________________
2013 535i Space Grey, Biege, M-SPort, Premium, Tech, Cold Weather, Luxury Seating, PDC, 6MT ED-10/11/2012 - PCD Redelivery-12/14/12

Last edited by miamiboyca; 10-18-2012 at 11:23 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms