Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > European Delivery

European Delivery
The place to share your experiences and tips related to "ED"... View the ED Wiki -- View the Pick-Up Date Calendar -- Add Your Pick-Up Date to the Calendar

Old 11-09-2012, 10:52 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 M3, 1993 325is
Quote:
Originally Posted by irianjim View Post
I am so unimpresed with the European Delivery group at BMW. I called yesterday and they basically refused to give me any information and told me to talk to my CA at the dealership. They tried to tell me that they had no information and no way of getting information. Even after talking to a supervisor. I was thoroughly disgusted.
That's weird, I've had the complete opposite experience. The woman I spoke to this morning was very helpful and polite, and explained the whole process including what happened as a result of Sandy. Maybe try them back.

I am willing to bet, however, that they use whatever system the dealership uses to get their information, as they really don't seem to have any more info than the dealer does.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:14 AM

Mein Auto: M3
I have a hunch there are 2 ED numbers floating around.

One is just for dealers and the other for customers. I called the "dealer," number and was told not to use the number. After some persistence, i was provided the help I needed (changing my Welt pickup date).

Of course, I resorted to calling them because my dealer said they weren't getting back to him on my request change the date. I'll have to root around my email for the number I called to see if they match up.

So I agree with the poster who hasn't been happy with the ED department in this respect. I'm a customer and am entitled to accurate info re: my car. I haven't been informed my car has cleared customs. I haven't been informed why the car was shipped to NJ from Baltimore. I haven't been given an ETA other then an email that basicly said... "Don't bother us."

Now had I been privy to the info dmurray has been, I'd be satisfied. I need info not just because I'm anxious to receive the car, but because I am trying to coordinate the installation of mods, winter setup and a travel plans. A little bit if info goes a long way in situations similar to this.

Last edited by TheDeliverator; 11-09-2012 at 11:29 AM.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDeliverator View Post
I have a hunch there are 2 ED numbers floating around.

One is just for dealers and the other for customers. I called the "dealer," number and was told not to use the number. After some persistence, i was provided me the help I needed (changing my Welt pickup date).

Of course, I resorted to calling them because my dealer said they weren't getting back to him on my request change the date. I'll have to root around my email for the number I called to see if they match up.

So I agree with the poster who hasn't been happy with the ED department in this respect. I'm a customer and am entitled to accurate info re: my car. I haven't been informed my car has cleared customs. I haven't been informed why the car was shipped to NJ from Baltimore. I haven't been given an ETA ither then an email that basicly said... "Don't bother us."

Now had I been privy to the info dmurray has been, I'd be satisfied. I need info not just because I'm anxious to receive the car, but because I am trying to coordinate the installation of mods, winter setup and a travel plans. A little bit if info goes a long way in situations similar to this.
I think a lot of this comes down to having a great CA too - our CA has been really on the ball with keeping us informed of updates as they happen. It's my hunch that the dealers have access to the same info the BMW reps on the ED line are using, as they've both kind of said the same thing at the same time.

I'm sorry you guys have had a bad experience - I'll try to keep updating with the information I get as I get it. We did an ED of 3 cars and they are all showing the same information and process, so I assume my status will pretty much reflect everyone else's up until they are trucked out of the VDC (with the exception of any cars that are damaged).

We're almost there..
Old 11-09-2012, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmurray14 View Post
I think a lot of this comes down to having a great CA too - our CA has been really on the ball with keeping us informed of updates as they happen. It's my hunch that the dealers have access to the same info the BMW reps on the ED line are using, as they've both kind of said the same thing at the same time.

I'm sorry you guys have had a bad experience - I'll try to keep updating with the information I get as I get it. We did an ED of 3 cars and they are all showing the same information and process, so I assume my status will pretty much reflect everyone else's up until they are trucked out of the VDC (with the exception of any cars that are damaged).

We're almost there..
I shall continue to rely on you. Your efforts are much appreciated.

My post comes off as more angry then I actually am. I would\will do ED again at my earliest opportunity. My SA and I are going to meet up for a beer to help pass the time. I fully realize BMW is a huge corporation (and comes with the prerequisite beuracracies), and Sandy hasn't helped. Nothing to be done about it.

I believe at BMW ED, it boils down to the competence of the person you happen to speak with. Just like any human interaction.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:44 AM

dmurray...

Did you hit the Nurburgring on your ED? I chatted with a group of fellow ED'ers at The Ring who I believe had a total of Three cars...
Old 11-09-2012, 11:45 AM
Crash Test Dummy

Mein Auto: F10 M5
Looks like the first batch of cars from Baltimore has arrived at the NJ VDC and are being lined up for "inspection" .
The other good news is there has been no damage to customer cars who'd been at the VDC during "Sandy" so hopefully there'll be only a slight backlog caused
by the days they'd been shutdown.
I understand folks being anxious to get their cars back (and so am I) but we should also be reasonable and not go totally over board as long as BMW is within the time table set for ED re-delivery.
Once the cars are back in our hands I am sure we all will forgot how agonizing the wait has been
Old 11-09-2012, 12:25 PM

Quote:
dmurray...

Did you hit the Nurburgring on your ED? I chatted with a group of fellow ED'ers at The Ring who I believe had a total of Three cars...
Sure did! Were you the one we met in the grass lot with the space gray m3?
Old 11-09-2012, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmh View Post
Looks like the first batch of cars from Baltimore has arrived at the NJ VDC and are being lined up for "inspection" .
The other good news is there has been no damage to customer cars who'd been at the VDC during "Sandy" so hopefully there'll be only a slight backlog caused
by the days they'd been shutdown.
I understand folks being anxious to get their cars back (and so am I) but we should also be reasonable and not go totally over board as long as BMW is within the time table set for ED re-delivery.
Once the cars are back in our hands I am sure we all will forgot how agonizing the wait has been
Agreed - although I don't think any of us are mad, just anxious. All things considered, they are doing very well despite the hurricane.
Old 11-09-2012, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Sure did! Were you the one we met in the grass lot with the space gray m3?
Yessir!

Good times my man, good times.

At the risk of going off topic... How was the rest of your trip? Your couples group looked like everyone was having a blast. Last I saw, y'all were checking a fluid reservoir or some such under the hood. I ended up staying (partying), a few extra days in Munich for German Unification day.

Wish I would have bought that ring card you guys had with all those extra laps on it.

P.S. A motorcyclist died that Saturday at the track. Glad we made it out with our cars\lives intact. Still trying to decide if I should fix the Nurburgring Rash my ZCP wheels sustained.

Last edited by TheDeliverator; 11-09-2012 at 01:07 PM.
Old 11-09-2012, 02:01 PM

Mein Auto: 335 sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmeAnuj View Post
Just received this email reply, if it makes an difference my dealer is also in north nj:

Hello Mr. Xxx

Your vehicle is in the process of being moved from Baltimore to New Jersey. It has cleared U.S. Customs and Department of Agriculture. As soon as it arrives in New Jersey our BMW port colleagues will take a close look at your vehicle to ensure everything is in order.

Please feel free to check back with us in 1 week.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.

Thank you and best regards,
Simone

BMW Special Sales
1 800-932-0831
I received a response from Simone as well - she responded within 5 hours of me sending the email. It sounds similiar to yours, but maybe just a bit more specific as to the next steps since mine isn't going to NJ.

Hello Ms. xxx,

Your vehicle has cleared U.S. Customs and Department of Agriculture and was just moved to our BMW facility. It is currently waiting in line to be inspected and to have the Navigation System updated.

Please feel free to check back with us in a couple of days.

Thank you and best regards,

Simone
BMW Special Sales
1 800-932-0831
Old 11-09-2012, 07:24 PM

Mein Auto: 550i GT/X5 35d
Just got an update from the dealer that my car is at VPC, yesterday morning it was yet to clear customs so it looks like the 'DELIVERED FROM' line is entered once the car has been through customs and is delivered to BMW (this would make sense if WW also acts as the customs broker) so now I hope the VPC has ZCP rims in stock to replace the one that I managed to mess up at a parking lot in France.

Hoping to take redelivery around thanksgiving.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Yessir!

Good times my man, good times.

At the risk of going off topic... How was the rest of your trip? Your couples group looked like everyone was having a blast. Last I saw, y'all were checking a fluid reservoir or some such under the hood. I ended up staying (partying), a few extra days in Munich for German Unification day.

Wish I would have bought that ring card you guys had with all those extra laps on it.

P.S. A motorcyclist died that Saturday at the track. Glad we made it out with our cars\lives intact. Still trying to decide if I should fix the Nurburgring Rash my ZCP wheels sustained.
Awesome! We ended up selling the ticket to Dale @ Rent4Ring, I am sure it was used up by the end of the day! Good times indeed.

We had a great time. I looked up the fluid leak online, and found the power steering reservoir overflows all the time on the track on e92 M3s....so, nothing to worry about luckily. We had a great trip and enjoyed Amsterdam, London, and Paris after the ring! Bet Munich was a blast - I kind of wish we had stayed for more Oktoberfest, but oh well - next time.

Sorry to hear about the motorcyclist - I think I read something about that on Dale's Bridge to Gantry blog - pretty sad. Just goes to show the ring is serious business.

I made a little video montage of our trip:

Hope to catch you in the states, maybe at a track day! The Capitol BMWCCA group is great too - we hung out with the a bit at the Baltimore Grand Prix this year - definitely worth catching up with them too!

Dan
Old 11-09-2012, 10:27 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW 328i M-Sport
Hi guys. I had received the same email response from the Euro Delivery folks about the car being moved to NJ. I emailed my CA to see if he had any updates and he responded earlier today with :

"They have a tentative delivery date to the dealership of 11/17/2012."

I am not sure what he did to obtain this information.
Old 11-10-2012, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by permesso View Post
Hi guys. I had received the same email response from the Euro Delivery folks about the car being moved to NJ. I emailed my CA to see if he had any updates and he responded earlier today with :

"They have a tentative delivery date to the dealership of 11/17/2012."

I am not sure what he did to obtain this information.
My dealer has the same tentative delivery date. Based on past experience, so long as there aren't any issues with the car, we may get it sooner.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:16 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 328i
"The waiting is the hardest part" - Tom Petty

My CA told me 3 weeks ago that today would have been my delivery day, Thanks Sandy....
Old 11-11-2012, 02:57 PM

Mein Auto: S2000
many of us will get our cars this week! Exciting!

Wonder who will be first? Haha
Old 11-11-2012, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmeAnuj View Post
many of us will get our cars this week! Exciting!

Wonder who will be first? Haha
It looks like one of my 3 friends who did ED may get hers tomorrow! Hopefully the rest of ours are right behind!
Old 11-12-2012, 08:09 AM
First ED 9/17 650i vert

Mein Auto: 2013 650i vert ED
For the few cars that are in Brunswick, GA it looks like we are still waiting to clear customs. Delivery in Baltimore occurred on 11/2 and they seemed to clear customs on thr 8th or 9th, correct? That appears to be on the 4 or 5 business day target. Brunswick delivered on 11/6, so I am hoping that we clear customs today and zip through VDC. With Thanksgiving next week, Im starting to think that we may not see our cars until the following week.

If anyone with a brunswick delivery has any updates, please let me know.

2013 650i Individual Convertible (ED)
2011 328i Convertible (retired)
2007 Z4 (retired)
2001 Z3 (retired)
Old 11-12-2012, 08:24 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 335i Vert
My car was also delivered to Brunswick. According to the tracking from WW, it had a liner release on the 8th. I received a note from my CA about 10 minutes ago saying that my car should be here in Oklahoma City at the dealership on the 14th, which implies that the car is being loaded for shipment today. However, one of my favorite expressions from years of working overseas is "Lo creo cuando lo veo", which is I will believe it when I see it. Here is hoping he is correct......

2013 335i - ED September 2012
Old 11-12-2012, 08:39 AM
First ED 9/17 650i vert

Great news. I still do not have a "1" in the liner or customs, but I have it under "delivered". What does your status show?

2007 Z4 (retired)
2001 Z3 (retired)
Old 11-12-2012, 08:46 AM

Mine is the same. Maybe your CA can access the same info that mine did?

Old 11-12-2012, 08:49 AM
First ED 9/17 650i vert

I've got a message out to my dealer. Unfortunately for me, my CA transferred to a different dealership after our deal, so I don't think my replacement CA is that inspired to help out as I doubt he is getting any commission on the sale. Thanks for the info, I will let you know what they have to say.

2007 Z4 (retired)
2001 Z3 (retired)
Old 11-12-2012, 09:04 AM

For what it's worth, my car is definitely at the VPC in NJ, but the Wallenius site still doesn't show a "1" under customs release, nor is there a "Delivered From" entry. Perhaps their tracking isn't so accurate...
Old 11-12-2012, 09:07 AM
Crash Test Dummy

Mein Auto: F10 M5
Quote:
For what it's worth, my car is definitely at the VPC in NJ, but the Wallenius site still doesn't show a "1" under customs release, nor is there a "Delivered From" entry. Perhaps their tracking isn't so accurate...
Yup. It seems most of the cars shipped to Baltimore on the Turandot have made it to NJ and are lined up for final inspection . Looks like the WW site is not updated for all cars , the BMW NA site should say something like "Finishing Touches" ... now it hopefully will just be a matter or days (depending on work which needs to be done and queue due to the week long shutdown)
Old 11-12-2012, 09:31 AM

For what it is worth, the BMW site shows my car as "Finishing Touches", so I take that as a positive sign that it is at least showing movement. Now, do I believe it will be here on the 14th as my CA says? I wouldn't bet money on it. But it should be here relatively soon and I take it as a sign of progress.