Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Welcome to Bimmerfest > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions
Welcome to Bimmerfest! Whether you are a current BMW owner or just interested in BMW cars, we hope you enjoy your visit. Take a moment to introduce yourself and post a picture of your BMW for the rest of the community to see.

Old 10-18-2012, 08:00 PM

Mein Auto: 650cic
650 rear tires and alignment?

My name is Michael and I live in Shreveport, Louisiana. About a year ago I purchased a 2007 650 convertible from the local BMW dealership. It is a Certified Pre Owned with warranty and maintenance extensions for 6 yr 100k. When I bought it brand new tires had been put on and the car had 40k miles. After a year I put 4000 miles on it of which almost all are around town miles. The car is driven everyday but I live close to work. Last week I took the vehicle into the dealership to check the alignment and both rear tires were worn to the steel only on the insides. The dealership said it is because the car is meant to be driven on highways not around town. Another source said the rear had been aligned for highway driving and can be adjusted to handle my around town drive style, although the BMW dealership said that is not true... Need some help and advice.... $1200 a year for new rear tires doesn't seem right..........?????????????
Ads by Google
Old 10-18-2012, 08:52 PM
Keeping it surreal

Mein Auto: 2004 330Ci ZHP 3 pedals
Most BMWs have a considerable amount of negative camber in the rear suspension. The upside of this is that it enhances vehicle stability and handling, the downside is that rear tires wear abnormally fast. You need to find a *good* alignment shop, and explain to them what`s happening. Ask if they can neutralize the camber somewhat. Good luck !

*Please support the Wounded Warrior Project*

When faced with choosing between two evils, always go with the one you`ve never tried before....
Old 10-18-2012, 09:15 PM

Mein Auto: 650cic
Thanks slot Fast Bob.