Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X1 E84 (2011 - current)

X1 E84 (2011 - current)
The new to the US BMW X1 will arrive at BMW dealers in the fall of 2012 as a 2013 model year. Get your X1 28i with either sDrive (RWD) or xDrive (AWD) or get the US exclusive I6 N55 powered X1 35i dDrive.

Old 04-02-2014, 02:18 PM

Mein Auto: x1
X1 issues 11 days in shop

I have a 2013 BMW x1 that went into the shop for sputtering and grabbing. The car has been in dealership for now 11 days. They cannot seem to pinpoint the issue. BMW dealership wanted to replace the main computer - but BMW NJ refused. Ordered a part and then that didn't solve the issue. Has anyone had similar experiences? car has 46K miles and still under warranty
Ads by Google
Old 04-02-2014, 05:41 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 X1 xDrive28i
When are you eligible for lemon law? Are you driving a BMW loaner in the mean time?
Old 04-03-2014, 04:05 AM

Mein Auto: x1
That's a good question that I need to research under Florida law. I was given a Chevy Malibu sedan as a loaner. My impression is that BMW does not want to replace the master computer under warranty - so they are trying different cheaper alternatives. The dealership wanted to change the master computer but bmw wasn't allowing it. They flew in a part but that didn't work. They are now changing the O2 sensor but that hasn't worked either.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:45 AM

Mein Auto: X1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlamp View Post
That's a good question that I need to research under Florida law. I was given a Chevy Malibu sedan as a loaner. My impression is that BMW does not want to replace the master computer under warranty - so they are trying different cheaper alternatives. The dealership wanted to change the master computer but bmw wasn't allowing it. They flew in a part but that didn't work. They are now changing the O2 sensor but that hasn't worked either.
Evidently the Florida lemon law says if the car is out of service for 30 days in the first 24 months you get a new car. You might want to look into that.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:34 AM

Mein Auto: 2010 Audi Q5 3.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicfront View Post
Evidently the Florida lemon law says if the car is out of service for 30 days in the first 24 months you get a new car. You might want to look into that.
Wow! Regardless of mileage?!!! Happy Birthday to the OP. I hope they never figure it out. And forget calling them about updates. Just let these 19 more days quietly slip away.

HaveBulldogWillTravel
English Bulldog Rescue
Recover
Rehab
Rehome
Rewarding
'13 X1 xDrive28i, Min. White, Sand, UP, LP, M-Sport, HK, Heated Seats, Satellite
Cross Bars
Invisihitch
Old 04-03-2014, 02:47 PM
BMW bike whore

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW X1
I had two faulty fuel injectors on my 2013. They in turn fouled two spark plugs. The car bucked and shook so violently I was scared to drive it. It was in the dealer one day and out the next. Fixed so far and enjoying it again.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 04-07-2014, 04:28 PM

Mein Auto: 97 E36M/4
My 2013 S-drive was bucking under hard acceleration from misfire and going into limp mode, soon after deliery, but they couldn't reproduce in Service. Go figure. First dealership said there was noting wrong. Second tried swapping coils and apparently that pointed to a bad coil. That was replaced on the second visit and all has been fine since.