Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series > E63 / E64 6 Series (2003 - 2013)

E63 / E64 6 Series (2003 - 2013)
The E63/E64 BMW 6 Series builds on BMW's sporty heritage with aggressive lines and an incredible motor to back the design up. Available in coupe and convertible trims with a standard 4.8 liter engine producing 360 horsepower and 360 lb-ft of torque, the 6-series is a popular choice that exceeds expectations.

Old 10-19-2012, 01:48 AM

Mein Auto: 635csi
hazard gauge for 1985 635csi

Hi all. Just got my 1985 635csi and LOVING IT. I'm actually kind of obsessing about it: while it's in pretty good shape, I'm just wanting to bring it back to it's original glory, while updating tastefully. My mechanic disagreed, but I installed Bilstein shocks and new springs, but lowered, with a short shifter, now it corners in low speed situations without that wicked driveline lash, but I feel every ripple in the road. But took a trip to the Sierra Foothills and had a lot of fun in the fast sweepers.

I've updated the power window buttons to the lighted ones from the 1988s, which to me made more sense, couldn't find them after dark, in fact hardly anything is lighted in the night on the dash. My defroster button gives me a warm glow, but the A/C and Hazard buttons don't glow at all unless they're on. I would think that they, like the defroster button, should be softly glowing when off, and shine brighter when they're on. Is it possible the A/C and Hazard switches need to be replaced? Shouldn't they all glow when inactive?

And I'm trying to replenish the tool tray, missing some bits. I've seen some pics of trays from various years, but the slots seem to differ from year to year. Anyone have a 1985 with a full set of tools that I could get a pic of, so I can replace judiciously?

And, any thoughts on the wheels? Obviously not original, the previous owner didn't know where the previous owner got them, I guess they're from a 5-series. I liked them at first, but now not so much. I've been looking for a set of period wheels but I've learned I want to avoid at all costs, metric issues. I've been thinking about powder coating them black, but if I could find some older ones, should I get 16 or 17 inch wheels?

Preciate any thoughts!

Pocko
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20120921_183334.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	174.6 KB
ID:	346400   Click image for larger version

Name:	20120921_183358.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	147.0 KB
ID:	346401   Click image for larger version

Name:	20120921_183434.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	171.9 KB
ID:	346402   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tool Tray.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	129.5 KB
ID:	346403  
Advertisement
Old 10-19-2012, 07:31 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2007 BMW 650 vert
Pockomoth - Welcome. You might have a better shot getting a response if you post in the E24 sub-forum (see the link above). Even though the forum organization is confusing and doesn't have a label, this part is mostly for second gen six series (E63/64's).

'07 650i vert, beige/jet black, sports & cold weather pkgs, comfort access, logic 7, sat radio, Miro M6 wheels (with Michelin super sports), M6 spare tire, tint, windscreen, triple resonator delete, m-tec v3 AE's bulbs, corner bulb delete and m-tec fogs
'11 Acura MDX Advance with Entertainment pkg for wife - no mod's '04 Acura TSX (daughter) and '12 VW GTI - Autobahn (son)