Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > Off-Topic

Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime safe" and in good taste. No personal attacks allowed. Political posting is restricted to the Political Science forum!

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2013, 12:14 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 330i
BlackBerry 10 Carrier Distribution in the U.S.

In the United States there is a very even distribution of wireless carriers used by BlackBerry 10 phones. Verizon, AT&T, and T-mobile all have about an equal number of users.

http://www.thegadgetmasters.com/2013...ion-in-the-us/

Old 06-22-2013, 01:21 PM
Psychology Reversalist

Mein Auto: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by mj745 View Post
Why mods continue to allow this spamming bastard to post his spamming crap is beyond me
Because we get a kick out of it.
Old 06-22-2013, 11:19 PM

Have a BlackBerry 10 phone? Own a Tesla Model S? If so, then Model S for BlackBerry 10 is the app you need.

The app according to many Tesla owners is said to be as good and even better than its official counterparts on iOS and Android.

With Model S for BlackBerry you can check the status and control your Tesla Models S directly from your BlackBerry 10.

- Battery Level and Range remaining (ideal, rated, estimated)
- Vehicle Status (Opened Doors etc)
- Lock and Unlock Doors
- Sunroof (Close, Vent, Open)
- Climate Control (Set temp, On/Off)
- Honk Horn, Flash Light
- Charging Status
- Charge time remaining
- Charging data (volt, amps)
- Car Location on Map
- Active Frame that shows Battery Level when app is minimized.

To use the App you need a My Tesla account linked to your car, and the Mobile Access setting enabled in your car. If you don't have a Model S you can use the app in demo mode.

Please note that this is an unofficial app and not endorsed by Tesla Motors, Inc.

Tesla owners probably would be willing to pay a more than a few $$ for the convenience offered by this one, but since it's an unofficial app and it was built out of love, the price is FREE!

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...tent/23977878/

http://www.teslamotors.com/

http://crackberry.com/model-s-blackberry

Old 06-22-2013, 11:22 PM

BlackBerry Q10 hot favourite in UAE…. on par with Samsung S4
Company takes largest single order for any BB phones ever and are still in short supply

BlackBerry Q10 sales in the UAE on par with Samsung S4, says a senior Axiom official. The company CEO told Emirates24|7 that his company placed the largest single order for any BlackBerry phones ever for Q10 and they are still in short supply.

"It is the fantastic product and one of the two best selling product along with the Samsung S4," said Faisal al Bannai CEO of Axiom.

"The Q10 sales have been phenomenal and much better than the all-touch Z10. We were so confident of the success of Q10 that we placed our largest single order of the phone ever since we started our relationship with the BlackBerry. Even then we ran out of the phones," he said speaking during the inauguration of the BlackBerry's first flagship store at the Dubai Mall in the UAE.

http://www.emirates247.com/news/emir...06-22-1.511375

Last edited by MCSL; 06-22-2013 at 11:23 PM.
Old 06-23-2013, 10:49 PM

BlackBerry Q10 Launch in China

The eagerly anticipated BlackBerry Q10 is now available in-store. You can now purchase your BlackBerry Q10 from 1O1O, 3 Hong Kong, China Mobile Hong Kong, PCCW mobile, SmarTone and all authorized retailers.

Available in two colors, Black and White, and with Chinese UI and input support, the BlackBerry Q10 smartphone combines the power of the BlackBerry 10 platform with a large, re-engineered physical keyboard and stunning touchscreen display – the largest ever on a BlackBerry QWERTY smartphone.

Gallant Leon, Director for Hong Kong and Taiwan at BlackBerry said, "With BlackBerry 10, we have re-designed, re-engineered and re-invented BlackBerry to create a new and unique mobile computing experience. We are excited to be working with all of our partners in Hong Kong to bring the first BlackBerry 10 smartphone with a QWERTY keyboard to customers. The BlackBerry Q10 smartphone offers premium performance, set in BlackBerry's signature keyboard design, that lets you take instant action and keeps you moving, whether at work or at play."

Meticulous attention has been paid to every detail of the BlackBerry Q10 smartphone's design, from its beautiful and distinctive form to its elegant and ergonomic QWERTY keyboard, which features a wider layout and larger sculpted keys. With the BlackBerry Q10 smartphone's advanced hardware, communications and multimedia features, along with its long battery life, you can confidently stay ahead and take action all day long.

The re-designed, re-engineered and re-invented BlackBerry 10 platform offers you a powerful and unique new mobile computing experience that continuously adapts to your needs. Every feature, every gesture, and every detail is designed to keep you moving forward towards your goal, and includes advancements such as:

• The ever present BlackBerry® Hub, which brings all your conversations together in one easy to manage place that you can access at any time from any app with a simple "peek", so you're always only one swipe away from what matters to you.

• BlackBerry® Balance™ technology, which elegantly separates and secures work applications and data from personal content, protecting what's important to you and the business you work for.

• BBM™ (BlackBerry® Messenger), which lets you share things with the people that matter to you in an instant. BBM on BlackBerry 10 smartphones includes voice calling and video chat, and lets you share your screen with another BlackBerry 10 smartphone contact.

• BlackBerry® Remember, which helps you tackle tasks quickly with a new way to collect, organize and action all the information sitting in different places across your smartphone.

http://hk.blackberry.com/smartphones.../overview.html

http://www.i-love.com/BlackBerry

Last edited by MCSL; 07-05-2013 at 11:30 PM.
Old 06-24-2013, 01:32 AM

Mein Auto: 2009 M3
Re: Some pretty sick new Blackberry Concepts out

I am in China now. Not one person around me has a Blackberry in their hands or pockets

In Taiwan and China it will sell poorly. Some government officials which may be corrupt may purchase this unit in hopes of safer communication but that is about it. General public won't be buying this device.

They will sell a few but not many if you ask me. Not in China or Taiwan at least.

Sent from my HTC One using BimmerApp mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1372062454650.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	115.6 KB
ID:	383336   Click image for larger version

Name:	1372062485203.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	383337   Click image for larger version

Name:	1372062524560.jpg
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	383338   Click image for larger version

Name:	1372062560548.jpg
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	383339   Click image for larger version

Name:	1372062636275.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	383340  

330 Coupe Sold
Old 06-24-2013, 11:05 PM

BlackBerry Q10 Launch in China

Solve typing problems for good with the BlackBerry Q10. Surf the web, check Facebook, use apps, with effortless and precise typing on the legendary BlackBerry keyboard.

Typing on the BlackBerry Q10 is especially great for Chinese users due to its unique dual language input that lets you write Chinese on the touch screen, and type in English on the keyboard simultaneously. A new predictive text system has also been introduced so you can type even faster.

China Mobile
http://www.hk.chinamobile.com/en/han...hindex=handset

SmarTone
http://www.smartone.com/jsp/phone/Bl...lish/index.jsp

http://1010.hkcsl.com/jsp/handsets_a...jsp?model=2488

PCCW
http://www2.pccw-hkt.com/portal/gen/...BlackBerry_Q10

3HK
http://www.three.com.hk/website/appm...&pageid=141001

Last edited by MCSL; 06-25-2013 at 11:17 PM.
Old 06-25-2013, 11:13 PM

BlackBerry announced that international law firm Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP has chosen to deploy 500 BlackBerry 10 devices and BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 (BES 10) to its employees.

Akin Gump is a leading international law firm, with offices in the United States, Europe, Asia and the Middle East. Security and reliability matters and Akin Gump trusts BlackBerry with its information and its ability to help them get things done and have made the decision to test and deploy BlackBerry 10.

“We are excited to be moving forward with the new BlackBerry 10 platform. It is important to us that we provide our employees with powerful tools when working remotely, and the new BlackBerry platform, with its ease-of-use, and robust security is a major step forward and a significant part of that strategy,” said Scott Bravi, Chief Information Officer for Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP.

“We are thrilled to announce that Akin Gump is deploying BlackBerry 10 and BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10, recognizing the valuable security proposition the BlackBerry platform provides,” said Richard Piasentin, Vice President and Managing Director for the U.S. at BlackBerry. “BlackBerry knows enterprise and offers innovative solutions to help them to maintain security and respond to current trends – BlackBerry Balance – creates a seamless way to satisfy both user and customer needs without compromising either.”

BlackBerry 10 is a reliable platform that is smooth and responsive. It has a modern design and a gesture-based interface that is highly discoverable. It is designed to support, learn, and adapt to the way you work. BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 builds on more than a decade of the BlackBerry enterprise mobility management expertise. It offers mobile device management, mobile application management and secure mobile connectivity, and delivers a cost-efficient and reliable solution for business and government customers.

http://www.berryreview.com/2013/06/0...rity-platform/

Old 06-26-2013, 09:17 PM

I stopped by One to Free in HK yesterday. No one was buying and only 1 person glanced at it before leaving to look at another smartphone.

Facebook is sneaky on BlackBerry. It basically does not allow you to disable it. Of you disable it and then go back to check you will find it back on again or enabled. The employees were puzzled by this though I was not
Look carefully below at pictures and you can see this.

The older Bold 9900 was more safe and secure as it did not have these Social messenger applications built in to BlackBerry OS.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1372306395454.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	383779   Click image for larger version

Name:	1372306412311.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	383780   Click image for larger version

Name:	1372306429002.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	383781  
330 Coupe Sold
Old 06-27-2013, 06:25 AM
lurking

Mein Auto: 323ci, manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by stylinexpat View Post
I stopped by One to Free in HK yesterday. No one was buying and only 1 person glanced at it before leaving to look at another smartphone.

Facebook is sneaky on BlackBerry. It basically does not allow you to disable it. Of you disable it and then go back to check you will find it back on again or enabled. The employees were puzzled by this though I was not
Look carefully below at pictures and you can see this.

The older Bold 9900 was more safe and secure as it did not have these Social messenger applications built in to BlackBerry OS.

just don't setup your facebook account on the phone.
Old 06-27-2013, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HW View Post
just don't setup your facebook account on the phone.
This was a new Demo model that they just set up at the telecom company. It comes with it installed apparently and you can disable it but in reality you can not disable it. I went to 3 other shops and all had the same issue. Facebook is like a written virus or cancer for every smartphone OS out there:thumbdown:

330 Coupe Sold
Old 06-27-2013, 06:38 PM
lurking

Mein Auto: 323ci, manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by stylinexpat View Post
This was a new Demo model that they just set up at the telecom company. It comes with it installed apparently and you can disable it but in reality you can not disable it. I went to 3 other shops and all had the same issue. Facebook is like a written virus or cancer for every smartphone OS out there:thumbdown:

these phones don't seek out your fb account and password. you have to actually fill in the info. just don't fill it in.
Old 06-27-2013, 11:51 PM

Enterprise Customers Make the Move to BlackBerry 10 with 18,000 Server Installations

Whirlpool Corporation and BDO Canada upgrade their mobile deployments to the BlackBerry 10 platform

BlackBerry(R) announced the latest group of enterprises that have invested in the BlackBerry(R) 10 platform and installed BlackBerry(R) Enterprise Service 10 as part of their mobility infrastructure. Whirlpool Corporation and BDO Canada support their complex security and enterprise mobility management (EMM) requirements by adopting BlackBerry 10 as their core business tool for their mobile workforce.

BlackBerry continues to have a strong foothold within the world's top enterprises with more mobile devices managed with the BlackBerry solution today than any other competitive offering. To date, 60 percent of the Fortune 500 have ordered, downloaded or installed BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10, and 18,000 BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 servers have already been installed by customers around the world.

"The adoption of BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 has been largely driven by BlackBerry's strategy of multi-platform Enterprise Mobility Management," said Kevin Burden, Director of Mobility at Strategy Analytics. "The company's ability to bring secure workspace capabilities to iOS and Android alongside BlackBerry, gives IT managers the tools needed to manage the complexity that 'bring your own device' has brought to many environments."

Whirlpool Corporation, a leader in the $120 billion global home appliance industry, uses the BlackBerry 10 platform to enhance their mobile device management strategy, and capitalize on BlackBerry's industry leading Enterprise Mobility Management expertise. "BlackBerry functionality and security is the model for Whirlpool's mobile device management strategy. We are pleased to join BlackBerry in this next step in their evolution, and see BlackBerry 10 in action at Whirlpool," said Tim Densborn, Lead Mobility Solutions, Whirlpool GIS Infrastructure.

BDO Canada, a leading assurance, accounting, tax and advisory firm with over 3,600 partners and staff and more than 100 offices in Canada, works with a broad range of clients across the country and internationally. The firm has deployed more than 1,000 BlackBerry smartphones as their corporate device standard as well as BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 to manage their mobile infrastructure. According to BDO Canada's CIO, Kim Watt, "I often talk to other CIO's about the BlackBerry 10 platform and what BDO has been able to achieve having the BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 solution in place. The touch screen of the BlackBerry Z10 smartphone for typing is incomparable, and the security features are unmatched."

BlackBerry 10 for Enterprise offers an integrated mobile device and server solution that meets the highest security needs, but also offers the best customer and device management experience by balancing Work and Life through an intuitive and integrated experience between work and personal. BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 manages BlackBerry, Apple iOS(R), and Android(TM) smartphones and tablets through a single, unified, web-based management console.

http://us.blackberry.com/business/software/bes-10.html

http://www.berryreview.com/2013/06/2...blackberry-10/

Last edited by MCSL; 06-28-2013 at 12:01 AM.
Old 06-28-2013, 05:51 AM

Some pretty sick new Blackberry Concepts out

http://bgr.com/2013/06/28/blackberry...lysis-q1-2014/

Numbers are not looking so good and I can tell you that they are not selling well at all here in Hong Kong. They are selling but barely. No big numbers means no good numbers. Blackberry stock is -23% @ just over $11 in pre-market despite all the pump and hump here by someone. In Taiwan their sales numbers will be c r a p.

https://www.google.com/finance?q=NAS...YmZlQX8HQ&rm=0

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
330 Coupe Sold

Last edited by stylinexpat; 06-28-2013 at 05:54 AM.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:00 AM

Mein Auto: 4Runner-BMW
BlackBerry delivered quarterly earnings and revenue that badly missed analysts' expectations on Friday, sending its shares sharply lower in pre-market trading.

After the earnings announcement, the company's shares tumbled 24 percent in trading prior to the opening bell.

BlackBerry posted a first-quarter loss, excluding items, of 13 cents per share, compared with a quarterly loss of 37 cents a share in the year-earlier period. The company cited Venezuela foreign currency fluctuations as hitting its results by 10 cents a share.

The GAAP loss from continuing operations was even steeper, at 16 cents a share, compared with GAAP loss from continuing operations of 97 cents a share in same quarter a year ago.

Old 06-28-2013, 07:28 AM

Mein Auto: '04 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsdad View Post
BlackBerry delivered quarterly earnings and revenue that badly missed analysts' expectations on Friday, sending its shares sharply lower in pre-market trading.

After the earnings announcement, the company's shares tumbled 24 percent in trading prior to the opening bell.

BlackBerry posted a first-quarter loss, excluding items, of 13 cents per share, compared with a quarterly loss of 37 cents a share in the year-earlier period. The company cited Venezuela foreign currency fluctuations as hitting its results by 10 cents a share.

The GAAP loss from continuing operations was even steeper, at 16 cents a share, compared with GAAP loss from continuing operations of 97 cents a share in same quarter a year ago.

Winner, winner...chicken dinner. What a debacle. The CEO also announced that BB10 won't be coming to the Playbook. The slide towards irrelevance continues for RIM.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:19 AM

I am waiting to hear from our pumper MCSL on this one

They got the same problem as HTC in this market. Their best is not the best compared to the competition on the market to give them the edge over their competitors.

Their bragged about security in the new OS leaves a lot of questions unanswered.

They do not have anything being released soon to compete with the high end Qualcomm 800 processors in the new smartphones coming out soon so their future along with future earnings look pretty bad. This stock may go back to $7 soon.

330 Coupe Sold
Old 06-28-2013, 09:47 AM
Living a dream!

Mein Auto: 2011 535i
Best headline from Business Week:

BlackBerry Gives Up on Its Tablet, While Consumers Give Up on Its Phones

BlackBerry’s dismal performance has been a source of sick joy for certain corners of the tech world, and the company continues to oblige. Today it delivered first-quarter results below analysts’ already-low expectations, posting an $84 million loss in the first three months of the year. This despite revenue of $3.1 billion, a 15 percent increase from the previous three months. BlackBerry said it was having trouble predicting future performance, but expected to lose money again in the second quarter. Its share prices have fallen more than 25 percent in pre-market and early trading.

The earnings are valuable primarily as an early look at the performance of BlackBerry 10, the smartphone operating system the company launched earlier this year. BlackBerry 10 may be the company’s last serious attempt to reestablish itself with consumers, and reviewers liked it. But BlackBerry took forever in getting the software to market, and that may have cost it dearly. The company sold 2.7 million BlackBerry 10 devices in the quarter, the first full quarter that they’ve been on sale. (During that time, Apple sold 37 million iPhones.) While devices running the new software made up 40 percent of BlackBerry’s sales, the company said it lost 4 million users in those three months.

BlackBerry is also giving up on its two-year-old tablet, the PlayBook, after selling only 100,000 of them in the quarter. Thorsten Heins, the company’s chief executive, said the tablet won’t get a version of the new operating system, because it just isn’t good enough to deserve further energy and resources. (Reviewers have been saying pretty much the same thing since its release.) The announcement makes BlackBerry the second company to give up on tablets this week; Barnes & Noble recently announced it would stop making Nooks.

The BlackBerry results were sufficiently bleak that Francisco Jeronimo, director of European mobile device research for market researcher IDC, said on Twitter that the company should just abandon consumer sales altogether.

“BlackBerry need to refocus on the enterprise segment. They are not a major phone player nor a consumer brand anymore and will never be,” Jeronimo wrote.
Old 06-28-2013, 01:23 PM

Mein Auto: '04 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneArch View Post
Best headline from Business Week:

BlackBerry Gives Up on Its Tablet, While Consumers Give Up on Its Phones

BlackBerry’s dismal performance has been a source of sick joy for certain corners of the tech world, and the company continues to oblige. Today it delivered first-quarter results below analysts’ already-low expectations, posting an $84 million loss in the first three months of the year. This despite revenue of $3.1 billion, a 15 percent increase from the previous three months. BlackBerry said it was having trouble predicting future performance, but expected to lose money again in the second quarter. Its share prices have fallen more than 25 percent in pre-market and early trading.

The earnings are valuable primarily as an early look at the performance of BlackBerry 10, the smartphone operating system the company launched earlier this year. BlackBerry 10 may be the company’s last serious attempt to reestablish itself with consumers, and reviewers liked it. But BlackBerry took forever in getting the software to market, and that may have cost it dearly. The company sold 2.7 million BlackBerry 10 devices in the quarter, the first full quarter that they’ve been on sale. (During that time, Apple sold 37 million iPhones.) While devices running the new software made up 40 percent of BlackBerry’s sales, the company said it lost 4 million users in those three months.

BlackBerry is also giving up on its two-year-old tablet, the PlayBook, after selling only 100,000 of them in the quarter. Thorsten Heins, the company’s chief executive, said the tablet won’t get a version of the new operating system, because it just isn’t good enough to deserve further energy and resources. (Reviewers have been saying pretty much the same thing since its release.) The announcement makes BlackBerry the second company to give up on tablets this week; Barnes & Noble recently announced it would stop making Nooks.

The BlackBerry results were sufficiently bleak that Francisco Jeronimo, director of European mobile device research for market researcher IDC, said on Twitter that the company should just abandon consumer sales altogether.

“BlackBerry need to refocus on the enterprise segment. They are not a major phone player nor a consumer brand anymore and will never be,” Jeronimo wrote.
I am sure the bot can edit that article to make it a positive review of RIM!
Old 06-28-2013, 04:14 PM
Living a dream!

I was reading another article and it linked to Crackberry. Following the link, I came across this gem of a forum post...

Quote:
What a bad announcement morning! No BB10 for BlackBerry PlayBook (which I knew already, but we all wanted for our ego purposes), Z10 not selling so hot (which we already knew), Z10 prices being slashed (which we already knew), and the stock down +25% (which is a shock???).

I am long BBRY and I originally purchased all my shares @ $9.8067 unit price in November 2012. Remember when it dropped to $6 something! Most who got in at that point are still making money. Granted -$1 and I will be in the loss column. But today and for the next couple weeks I will be purchasing more shares while they're on sale and because I believe they know how to run their business.
So.. he's in at $9.80 and since it dropped right around $4.00 per share today to just over $11 , he hasn't lost any money. Love the logic...

Last edited by GeneArch; 06-28-2013 at 04:17 PM.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneArch View Post
I was reading another article and it linked to Crackberry. Following the link, I came across this gem of a forum post...

So.. he's in at $9.80 and since it dropped right around $4.00 per share today to just over $11 , he hasn't lost any money. Love the logic...
If I saw something good coming out then I too would buy but I see nothing special or out of the ordinary coming up from Blackberry this next quarter which means the next two quarters will be bad for Blackberry. When I looked at their applications list for available downloads for the new blackberry 10 OS they didn't even have the basic Bloomberg application for download and that has been long available on the old Bold 9900 and is readily available on Google Play and iTunes for Download. Who will buy this smartphone when the basic applications are not available for download?

330 Coupe Sold
Old 06-29-2013, 12:14 AM

BlackBerry Q5 Launch in UK

Highlights and features of the BlackBerry Q5

The evolution of the classic BlackBerry Keyboard
The BlackBerry Q5 features a classic BlackBerry Keyboard with discrete keys that has been re-engineered and elegantly designed to help you type fast, accurately and with the least amount of effort. Plus with Instant Action shortcuts you can type to perform tasks faster. The BlackBerry Q5 smartphone gives you the best of both worlds – a classic QWERTY keyboard for optimized communications and a 3.1” touchscreen for all the rest.

Create the perfect shot with BlackBerry Time Shift mode and Story Maker
Create the picture perfect shot with BlackBerry Time Shift mode, then create and share your story, weaving together your photos, videos and music into a movie with BlackBerry Story Maker.

Share and be seen with BBM Video with Screen Share
Instantly switch your BBM (BlackBerry Messenger) chat to a BBM Video conversation and catch up face-to-face. You can even share your screen, whether it’s a photo, a page in the browser, an idea, or a view from your camera.

Stay close to what’s important to you with BlackBerry Hub
With BlackBerry Hub, all of your messages and social conversations are only one swipe away. There’s no need to stop what you’re doing. Simply peek into the BlackBerry Hub from anywhere with a swipe to effortlessly flow in and out of your messages and conversations.

BlackBerry World delivers a rich, thriving app and content ecosystem
Discovering and sharing great apps and content is easier than ever with recommendations based on similar purchases, and access to more than 100,000 apps on the BlackBerry World storefront.

Here’s what Thorsten had to say in a recent press release on the new BlackBerry Q5 smartphone:
“BlackBerry is excited to bring the new BlackBerry Q5 smartphone to our customers in selected markets around world,” said Thorsten Heins, President and CEO of BlackBerry. “The BlackBerry Q5 gives you the best of everything with its cutting-edge BlackBerry 10 functionality and a physical QWERTY keyboard. It is for youthful fans that are passionate, confident and bold, and it makes it easy for them to have fun, create, share and stay connected.”

http://uk.blackberry.com/smartphones/blackberry-q5.html

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-q5-...n-launch-event

Old 06-30-2013, 11:48 PM

BlackBerry Mercedes F1 team won the British Grand Prix.

http://www.mercedes-amg-f1.com/en/#/category/home/

Last edited by MCSL; 07-05-2013 at 11:31 PM.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:10 AM
Living a dream!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCSL View Post
BlackBerry Mercedes F1 team won the British Grand Prix.
Does that mean they will be profitable next quarter or will we continue to see headlines like these:

Research In Motion Ltd (BBRY) Revival Dims; CEO Ends Plan For PlayBook

BlackBerry's (BBRY) Comeback in Doubt as New Phone Sales Fizzle

BlackBerry 10 is not a hit; stock nosedives 28%

It's the 'Beginning of the End' for BlackBerry: Pro

BlackBerry ships more older devices than BB10, reneges on PlayBook BB10 promise

2.7 Millions Reasons for BlackBerry to Worry
Old 07-01-2013, 03:33 AM

Lol.. They sponsored someone that ended up winning. When Blackberry first started off they had the edge over their competitors in the smartphone market but when their competitors progressed in hardware,design and features (while Blackberry just sat there) Blackberry ended up losing customers to their competitors.

Blackberry could actually succeed and do quite well if they had the right guy in marketing and design. I think that if they released proper smartphones for proper customers they would succeed.
If I was in charge of management at Blackberry I would design and release a smartphone similar to the one the just released (Q10) but with a better camera,better processor,better speaker and redesign the OS so that privacy features worked better. In doing this I would design the hardware to have flash drives on it and run like Windows Parallels but to where the security encryptions between the two flash drives would not allow any applications to access any other applications or information for the other flash drive. The information on flash A would be for contacts,mail,pictures,SMS messages and call logs. The other last drive which we call flash B will allow applications to be installed on it. The applications installed on flash B would not have any access to flash A via high security encryption. Blackberry is supposed to be good at stuff like this and yet they did not manage to create something like this for end users. People care about privacy and security these days.

Their old OS was quite good and safe along with good security measurements in place. I would have left that on flash A and then ran something like a Google OS on Flash B. They make smartphones that can run 2 SIM cards at once and computers that can run two Operating Systems at once so surely they can design a mart phone to do the same. This way you have your basics secure on one side and your multimedia along with chat applications on the other flash drive.

I would do this on two devices like the Z10 and Q10. Would design it with the new Qualcomm 800 Snapdragon in it. If they got their s h i t together they actually could succeed but the guys over at Blackberry are about as naive as MCSL is in this thread. To succeed you must be better than your competition and competitors.

The Z10 is not a high multimedia device and the Q10 is not a safe smartphone so you have two failures here. They got neither of the two smartphones right. Specs wise,feature wise and security wise is where they failed.

330 Coupe Sold
Closed Thread