Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)

X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
E70 BMW X5 produced between 2007 and 2013. Discuss the E70 X5 with other BMW owners here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-25-2012, 09:22 AM
doms50msport doms50msport is offline
Registered User
Location: New York
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 66
Mein Auto: 2013 X5 50i M Sport Mperf
New 2013 X5 50i M Sport/M Perf came in yesterday!! Took Pics!

This is just me being excited about my recent purchase. Car just made it to the dealer yesterday. From order to on 10/10 to Delivery to Dealer it took exactly 2 weeks to produce a custom built car. That, ladies and gentleman is INCREDIBLE on BMW's South Carolina Operation. Wow. Never thought the car would come this fast.

2013 X5 50i M Sport M Performance 440 hp / 480 tq
I heard of a lot of issues with m performance package deliveries so just to confirm I checked and it has "black exhaust tips, m door sills, m steering wheel with paddles, m on wheels, m chromed out racing foot rest and gas/brake peddles. Now, if there was only a way to test out the 440hp vs the 400 hp stock. haha

The cool part is I was able to hear the difference in the exhaust tone between a 2013 X5 50i and my 2013 x5 50i M Performance. There is a definite huge V8 growl on the M Performance Package. It is noticeable even at idle. It is slightly louder at all rpms as well. I love it

Pictures here:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0010_JPG.jpg
Views:	502
Size:	114.3 KB
ID:	347330   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0001_JPG.jpg
Views:	551
Size:	148.7 KB
ID:	347331   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0004_JPG.jpg
Views:	430
Size:	187.6 KB
ID:	347332   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0003_JPG.jpg
Views:	512
Size:	128.7 KB
ID:	347333   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0018_JPG.jpg
Views:	414
Size:	139.4 KB
ID:	347334  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0012_JPG.jpg
Views:	456
Size:	143.5 KB
ID:	347335  

Last edited by doms50msport; 10-25-2012 at 10:02 AM.
Reply With Quote
Advertisement
  #2  
Old 10-25-2012, 09:45 AM
gresch's Avatar
gresch gresch is offline
Don't be a hammer
Location: NY/NJ/LI
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 264
Mein Auto: '12 X5 35d
Congrats! I bet you can't wait to race it over the Roslyn Viaduct
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-25-2012, 09:50 AM
kungpao kungpao is offline
d is for Diesel
Location: North Eastern USA
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 44
Mein Auto: 2009 X5 35D
Baller!
__________________
-kp!
2009 X5 35D
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-25-2012, 11:44 AM
vittbid vittbid is offline
Registered User
Location: Toronto Canada
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 8
Mein Auto: 2003 540i
so jealous. I won't have mine for another month

Looks great!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-25-2012, 03:23 PM
gregsX5 gregsX5 is offline
Registered User
Location: Long Island, NY
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 40
Mein Auto: X5
Congrats! I see you bought it from Rallye BMW? How was your experience?
I gave them a chance (being they are the closest dealership to my house) but they weren't very interested in negotiating, in fact they didn't even bother to call me back. So I went to another dealer up in CT and never looked back.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-25-2012, 09:50 PM
RajG's Avatar
RajG RajG is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Northern NJ
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 395
Mein Auto: '14 M5 CP
2 weeks? That is definitely impressive. Your X5 looks great. I'm thinking of getting back into one with a similar setup. Just need to get rid of my wife's 3 series on swapalease.

Raj
__________________

'14 M5 CP
Black Sapphire | Black | Executive | Lighting | B&O | Exhaust Meister | 35% Llumar tint | Passport 9500ix

'13 X5 50i M Sport
Carbon Black | Black | M Perf | 20" 333M | Lux Seat | Active | Adaptive | Cold | Tech | Sound | Prem 2 | Apps
Black kidneys | 35% Llumar tint | Passport 9500ix

Retired:
'12 550xi, '11 335xis, '11 X5 50i, '08 BMW 535i, '08 BMW 335xic, '05 Audi S4, '02 Audi TT Coupe
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-25-2012, 11:12 PM
Decboy's Avatar
Decboy Decboy is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Southern California
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 420
Mein Auto: 2013 BMW 550i
Nice ride!
__________________
2013 BMW X5 35i
Alpine White | Cinnamon Brown | M Sport

2013 BMW 550i
Titanium Silver | Black | M Sport
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-26-2012, 04:51 AM
x5x5 x5x5 is offline
Registered User
Location: TX
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 42
Mein Auto: X5
cool.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-26-2012, 09:48 AM
doms50msport doms50msport is offline
Registered User
Location: New York
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 66
Mein Auto: 2013 X5 50i M Sport Mperf
Quote:
Originally Posted by gresch View Post
Congrats! I bet you can't wait to race it over the Roslyn Viaduct
haha See you on the bridge! Thanks for the congrats man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kungpao View Post
Baller!
Thank you very much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vittbid View Post
so jealous. I won't have mine for another month

Looks great!
Thanks man! What did you end up ordering? 50i? M Sport? What color?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregsX5 View Post
Congrats! I see you bought it from Rallye BMW? How was your experience?
I gave them a chance (being they are the closest dealership to my house) but they weren't very interested in negotiating, in fact they didn't even bother to call me back. So I went to another dealer up in CT and never looked back.
Thanks a lot brotha!
Yup, I got it from Rallye in Westbury, LI. Let me tell you something. I have heard good and bad press about all of the dealers on Long Island. Myself and my family have purchased 5 Beemers over the years at Competition in Smithtown with the same sales rep. This year we go in to buy two cars, another family member got a 2013 328xi and I got the X5 50i. So, instead of doing the right thing and taking care of us, he charges us almost exactly MSRP. (note we bought brand two brand new X5's one brand new 745LI and a brand new 4.6i X5 over the years from him) And the worst thing was he wouldnt give us a printout, and he told us he added the 750 loyalty discount in an MSRP breakdown but he wouldnt show us the actually quote print out. Every single dealer on long island showed us the entire quote print out but him. All he would do is give us the purchase price on a piece of paper with no breakdown. So we ended up leaving our long time dealer and moving on to Rallye. Before Rallye we went to two other dealers and werent even looked at when we walked in. Myself and my father own a business where we dont wear a suit a tie, but people usually associate dirty workers with low income. lol We have dirty pants and calloused hands because we are business owners who also work out in the field on occasion. We have one of the best retail stores on the North Shore of long island in our industry. I will leave it at that. So, we pull into Rallye because my other family members have been dealing with them from years and also bought tons of cars from Rallye. Every one and their mother recommended George Javier at rallye. This guy is the epitome of what a CA should be. I will leave it at that. He sat us down and get this, I didnt even ask him for a price discount. He ended up giving me almost 5000 off sticker price. Beating all of the other long island dealers at least 4000 dollars. So, not only was his price amazing but he treated us like humans, even though we pulled up in our work trucks and dirty industry clothing. George Javier @ Rallye gets a thumbs up from me. I actually feel bad that he gave me 5000 off MSRP, I feel like he is only making a small 200 to 400 dollar commission on my car. The upside is my immediate family member bought a 328xi from him minutes after I left his office. So he made a double commission on two cars from my family. The old saying treat me right, Ill treat you better fits here. So, with that being said I give Rallye a thumbs up. The service department at rallye has been excellent to my family over the years, you just have to get to know the guys. Some guys can be hard to deal with initially if you dont know them, I mean they are motor heads, not real estate saleswomen. lol So, after you befriend these guys over the years they treat you amazing.
Thanks again for the props!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajG View Post
2 weeks? That is definitely impressive. Your X5 looks great. I'm thinking of getting back into one with a similar setup. Just need to get rid of my wife's 3 series on swapalease.

Raj
Thanks Raj, Yeah it took exactly 2 weeks from order to delivery. Unbelievable right? Thanks again for the props!

-
Dec Boy and x5x5
Thanks guys!

Dom
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-26-2012, 09:52 AM
jdauria jdauria is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Arlington, VA / NY
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 784
Mein Auto: E39 ///M5
beast mode! My family has purchased 3+ BMW from Rallye.
__________________
2000 ///M5 ///M Registry (09/99 Build)
Oxford Green Metallic II (430) | Caramel Nappa Leather (M3CR) | BMW Individual Black Birch |
Square Style 65's - Pilot Super Sports
Tuning Tech Tune by Frank Smith (http://www.tuningtechfs.com/)
TTFS IAT Kit
TTFS Alpha N
Supersprint Headers
SuperSprint X-Pipe
Eisenmann Race 4x83mm
DINAN Front Strut Brace
Storm Motorwerks Products

2006 X3 3.0i M-Sport | Silver Grey | Terracotta | AT | Navigation | Premium Pkg | Cold Weather Pkg | AFE |
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-26-2012, 10:53 AM
vittbid vittbid is offline
Registered User
Location: Toronto Canada
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 8
Mein Auto: 2003 540i
Quote:
Originally Posted by doms50msport
Thanks man! What did you end up ordering? 50i? M Sport? What color?
I ended up getting a 50i in Alpine White with 3rd row seats, comfort and technology, m sport, dynamic handling package and executive package, with hi gloss shadow line.

Mine seems to be taking a lot longer to get. I picked it up on Oct 1st and it is a week 46 build so I am looking at end of November beginning of December to get mine. It's coming to Canada though, but waiting sucks!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-26-2012, 10:58 AM
5seriesHB's Avatar
5seriesHB 5seriesHB is offline
2 Bimmers R better than 1
Location: California
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,083
Mein Auto: 12 MSPT 535 & MSPT X5 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by doms50msport View Post
This is just me being excited about my recent purchase. Car just made it to the dealer yesterday. From order to on 10/10 to Delivery to Dealer it took exactly 2 weeks to produce a custom built car. That, ladies and gentleman is INCREDIBLE on BMW's South Carolina Operation. Wow. Never thought the car would come this fast.

2013 X5 50i M Sport M Performance 440 hp / 480 tq
I heard of a lot of issues with m performance package deliveries so just to confirm I checked and it has "black exhaust tips, m door sills, m steering wheel with paddles, m on wheels, m chromed out racing foot rest and gas/brake peddles. Now, if there was only a way to test out the 440hp vs the 400 hp stock. haha

The cool part is I was able to hear the difference in the exhaust tone between a 2013 X5 50i and my 2013 x5 50i M Performance. There is a definite huge V8 growl on the M Performance Package. It is noticeable even at idle. It is slightly louder at all rpms as well. I love it

Pictures here:
Congrats
i noticed the xtra growl on the mperformance as well
now take a look at this
i noticed when i test drove at Beverly hiils bmw that the 13's had a space greyish 333 wheel like urs compared to a siverish 333 wheel on the 12's
anyone else notice this
first wheel in pic is doms wheel and the second is from google 2012 msport

ps this is not just the light ive seen this in person for myself
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	grey 333.jpeg
Views:	111
Size:	187.6 KB
ID:	347486   Click image for larger version

Name:	chrome 333.jpeg
Views:	114
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	347487  
__________________
It will all work out in the end....and if it hasn't worked out yet, its not the end!

2012 Msport X5 +Prem Sound+Cold Weather+Top/Side Cameras+Soft Close Doors+BMW Apps
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-26-2012, 11:44 AM
doms50msport doms50msport is offline
Registered User
Location: New York
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 66
Mein Auto: 2013 X5 50i M Sport Mperf
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdauria View Post
beast mode! My family has purchased 3+ BMW from Rallye.
Thanks bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vittbid View Post
I ended up getting a 50i in Alpine White with 3rd row seats, comfort and technology, m sport, dynamic handling package and executive package, with hi gloss shadow line.

Mine seems to be taking a lot longer to get. I picked it up on Oct 1st and it is a week 46 build so I am looking at end of November beginning of December to get mine. It's coming to Canada though, but waiting sucks!
Yeah man. I love that Alpine White M Sport! You can really see the sporty lines with alpine white. Everything has amazing definition. I have always been a double black car/truck driver over the years so I wouldnt sway my decision but that Alpine White M Sport is frickin gorgeous. Enjoy it brother! Yes, yours is definitely taking a REALLY LONG TIME. It looks like your dealer didnt have a pre-existing production slot that you couldve used. I got really lucky because 1.) rallye is high volume (one of the highest on east cost), #2 just by the luck of the draw they had a stock 50i dealer car going into production the same week I ended up ordering. I got VERY lucky. It is really all luck and volume of dealership sales. Sorry about your wait man! Even waiting 2 weeks for me was killer. lol Every day = 10 days. That is my official bmw time dilation formula. haha 1 day = 10 days in BMW BUILD PRODUCTION MENTAL TIMELINE. haah Good luck and congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5seriesHB View Post
Congrats
i noticed the xtra growl on the mperformance as well
now take a look at this
i noticed when i test drove at Beverly hiils bmw that the 13's had a space greyish 333 wheel like urs compared to a siverish 333 wheel on the 12's
anyone else notice this
first wheel in pic is doms wheel and the second is from google 2012 msport

ps this is not just the light ive seen this in person for myself
yeahhhhhhh man! Thank you so much for pointing that out and confirming it. I didnt want to say anything to you guys or my dealer yesterday because I didnt want to look like a LOONY. lol But its weird. My wheels are like 1 slight shade more grey than the stock 333M's. What do you make of this? I think it looks great but maybe BMW made a slight change to the newer production 2013 M Sports?

Last edited by doms50msport; 10-26-2012 at 11:47 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-26-2012, 01:50 PM
5seriesHB's Avatar
5seriesHB 5seriesHB is offline
2 Bimmers R better than 1
Location: California
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,083
Mein Auto: 12 MSPT 535 & MSPT X5 5.0
maybe just the m performance package it comes on!

maybe someone with the reg msport can confirm this
Rob
__________________
It will all work out in the end....and if it hasn't worked out yet, its not the end!

2012 Msport X5 +Prem Sound+Cold Weather+Top/Side Cameras+Soft Close Doors+BMW Apps
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-26-2012, 04:14 PM
z51vette z51vette is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: New York
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 360
Mein Auto: 13 X5 50i M-Performance
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5seriesHB View Post
Congrats
now take a look at this
i noticed when i test drove at Beverly hiils bmw that the 13's had a space greyish 333 wheel like urs compared to a siverish 333 wheel on the 12's
anyone else notice this
first wheel in pic is doms wheel and the second is from google 2012 msport

ps this is not just the light ive seen this in person for myself

Looks the same to me
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-26-2012, 04:16 PM
z51vette z51vette is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: New York
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 360
Mein Auto: 13 X5 50i M-Performance
Quote:
Originally Posted by doms50msport View Post
Thanks bro!



Yeah man. I love that Alpine White M Sport! You can really see the sporty lines with alpine white. Everything has amazing definition. I have always been a double black car/truck driver over the years so I wouldnt sway my decision but that Alpine White M Sport is frickin gorgeous. Enjoy it brother! Yes, yours is definitely taking a REALLY LONG TIME. It looks like your dealer didnt have a pre-existing production slot that you couldve used. I got really lucky because 1.) rallye is high volume (one of the highest on east cost), #2 just by the luck of the draw they had a stock 50i dealer car going into production the same week I ended up ordering. I got VERY lucky. It is really all luck and volume of dealership sales. Sorry about your wait man! Even waiting 2 weeks for me was killer. lol Every day = 10 days. That is my official bmw time dilation formula. haha 1 day = 10 days in BMW BUILD PRODUCTION MENTAL TIMELINE. haah Good luck and congrats!



yeahhhhhhh man! Thank you so much for pointing that out and confirming it. I didnt want to say anything to you guys or my dealer yesterday because I didnt want to look like a LOONY. lol But its weird. My wheels are like 1 slight shade more grey than the stock 333M's. What do you make of this? I think it looks great but maybe BMW made a slight change to the newer production 2013 M Sports?


Congrats on the new Car!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-26-2012, 06:16 PM
doms50msport doms50msport is offline
Registered User
Location: New York
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 66
Mein Auto: 2013 X5 50i M Sport Mperf
Quote:
Originally Posted by z51vette View Post
Congrats on the new Car!
As usual thanks for the props man!
Do you ever do OBI or captree on Sundays? I think we should get a Long Island bimmer club meet thing going on.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-26-2012, 07:28 PM
TurboBusa TurboBusa is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Charleston S.C.
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 254
Mein Auto: Lexus LS400
My man...... Mr future stage 2 Doms...... Whats up Bro??? Thatís a bad a** whip you got. Im not a fan of black (mine is white) but yours looks AWESOME, those black tips further complement the vehicle. How you liking those 440 horses so far? Did you try them out yet? Yeah.....donít run them horses too hard, they get thirsty real quick. Do you like the sound of the engine when your in the vehicle accelerating? I love that sound, these trucks are awesome arenít they?? I can tell your excited about your new ride just by reading your posts. Reading them makes me think back to the days when I got mine. AHHH what a feeling. I did a PCD. Hey.........Im gonna be waiting on that beer come November 1st. HA HA!!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-27-2012, 08:11 AM
doms50msport doms50msport is offline
Registered User
Location: New York
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 66
Mein Auto: 2013 X5 50i M Sport Mperf
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboBusa View Post
My man...... Mr future stage 2 Doms...... Whats up Bro??? Thatís a bad a** whip you got. Im not a fan of black (mine is white) but yours looks AWESOME, those black tips further complement the vehicle. How you liking those 440 horses so far? Did you try them out yet? Yeah.....donít run them horses too hard, they get thirsty real quick. Do you like the sound of the engine when your in the vehicle accelerating? I love that sound, these trucks are awesome arenít they?? I can tell your excited about your new ride just by reading your posts. Reading them makes me think back to the days when I got mine. AHHH what a feeling. I did a PCD. Hey.........Im gonna be waiting on that beer come November 1st. HA HA!!
haha you just had me cracking up over here. "Dont run them horses too hard, they get thirsty real quick" LMFAO

Thanks for the props man.
I pick up the car on Monday morning in the hurricane! So, I dont think I will be testing out any of these horses until Thursday at a minimum. But I will definitely keep you posted bro. If you are right with Dinan I will be so mad! lol Cant believe they still didnt release the ECU tunes yet for '13.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-27-2012, 08:17 AM
leewtech leewtech is offline
Gone for a drive.
Location: USA
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 100
Mein Auto: BMW, GM, Fountain
Quote:
That, ladies and gentleman is INCREDIBLE on BMW's South Carolina Operation. Wow. Never thought the car would come this fast.
You should have done the PCD and you would see that it really isn't a huge task for them to make a car down there. Top notch operation and the cars literally come together quite quickly. So it is really not a surprise. Although if you compare them to a GM plant, they only produce a fraction of the cars in a day. But still pretty cool to tour the factory.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 10-27-2012, 09:03 AM
doms50msport doms50msport is offline
Registered User
Location: New York
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 66
Mein Auto: 2013 X5 50i M Sport Mperf
Quote:
Originally Posted by leewtech View Post
You should have done the PCD and you would see that it really isn't a huge task for them to make a car down there. Top notch operation and the cars literally come together quite quickly. So it is really not a surprise. Although if you compare them to a GM plant, they only produce a fraction of the cars in a day. But still pretty cool to tour the factory.
Thats what I mean. The fact that it isnt a huge task to make a car down there to such finesse and detail is incredible! It literally took them 5 days to produce my M Sport. 2 weeks to dealer from order. Did you do the Performance Delivery? Is it cool? What does it entail????

Dom
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-27-2012, 09:33 AM
leewtech leewtech is offline
Gone for a drive.
Location: USA
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 100
Mein Auto: BMW, GM, Fountain
Yes we ordered my wife's X3 and did the PCD. Dealer does all the work to set it up, you just have to get yourselves down to Spartanburg and BMW handles the rest. White glove treatment from the airport pickup to the drive off in your new car from the performance center. We drove 75% of the Blue Ridge parkway from NC to Virginia in perfect weather on our way home to Mass. There is no better way to get to know your new car then to spend a couple of days driving it home.

No charge to the customer other than the cost to get down to SC. You get a hotel night stay, dinner, breakfast, lunch on them. Driving instruction, factory/museum tour, and 2 hours of personal one on one time with a delivery specialist.

Anyone on the east coast should really take advantage of it. If you take delivery at the PCD on a Friday you can be home by work on Monday. Tickets are cheap to Spartanburg too. I think ours were about $75 each one way.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 10-28-2012, 06:15 PM
doms50msport doms50msport is offline
Registered User
Location: New York
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 66
Mein Auto: 2013 X5 50i M Sport Mperf
Quote:
Originally Posted by leewtech View Post
Yes we ordered my wife's X3 and did the PCD. Dealer does all the work to set it up, you just have to get yourselves down to Spartanburg and BMW handles the rest. White glove treatment from the airport pickup to the drive off in your new car from the performance center. We drove 75% of the Blue Ridge parkway from NC to Virginia in perfect weather on our way home to Mass. There is no better way to get to know your new car then to spend a couple of days driving it home.

No charge to the customer other than the cost to get down to SC. You get a hotel night stay, dinner, breakfast, lunch on them. Driving instruction, factory/museum tour, and 2 hours of personal one on one time with a delivery specialist.

Anyone on the east coast should really take advantage of it. If you take delivery at the PCD on a Friday you can be home by work on Monday. Tickets are cheap to Spartanburg too. I think ours were about $75 each one way.
wow that sounds amazing! i wish my dealer would have said something to me about this. Myself, being in NY and on the east coast would have definitely taken advantage of this. I always wanted to see the inside of a BMW Production facility not ot mention a test track.

Thanks man!

Dom
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 10-28-2012, 06:45 PM
leewtech leewtech is offline
Gone for a drive.
Location: USA
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 100
Mein Auto: BMW, GM, Fountain
I'm not sure why dealers don't promote it more, maybe they don't like the little bit of extra paperwork.

Totally worth it for the track time alone never mind all the other stuff. You get wet skid pad instruction, full ABS braking exercises, 6 laps on a short autocross course, and then a full hot lap in a M3/M5 with an instructor. Then if you are an X3/X5/X6 customer you get to take a spin on their off road course. All of the seat time in a car similar to yours so you can really push the cars to their limit without hesitation.

You are there from 8AM to about 3:30 for everything and you can't stop smiling the whole time!
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 10-28-2012, 07:02 PM
ard ard is offline
Resident Curmudgeon
Location: Sierra foothills
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 10,145
Mein Auto: '12 X5 35d/E39M5/996TTX50
Quote:
Originally Posted by leewtech View Post
I'm not sure why dealers don't promote it more, maybe they don't like the little bit of extra paperwork.
Well, since I am just a bitter dealer-basher, I'll tell you my theory:

Dealers dont tell buyers because the realize that once the buyer realizes he does NOT need a 'local' dealership to deliver the car, it opens up the possible number of selling dealers that the buyer can use- a tremendous advantage for the buyer to foster competition.

My 2 cents
__________________
Keep it as simple as possible...but no simpler.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms