Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Ask-A-Dealer

Ask-A-Dealer
Talk to our team of BMW Client Advisors. Get all of your buying/financing/leasing questions answered here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-26-2012, 06:48 AM
CK530 CK530 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Monmouth County, NJ
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 150
Mein Auto: 2013 550ix MSport
Standard Lease Programs vs BMW Lease Program

Question for BMW dealers or anyone knows about the BMW lease program.

So far, I received lease quote from 3 different BMW dealers. And their monthly lease payments are $12 - $23 more than the standard lease programs that I used, such as ridewithg.com, cars.com, leaseguide.com and my own excel spreadsheet. Why is there a difference?

MSRP: $63,245
Selling Price: $58,675
Residual: $37,947 (60% - 36/10K)
Buy Rate: .00135
Sales Tax: 7%
No cap cost reduction $0
Monthly Payment: Dealer #1 $779, Dealer #2 $770, Dealer #3 - $768

Monthly Payment: $756.00 from standard lease programs.

Fees do @ signing look fine, just the monthly payment I'm questioning.
__________________

2013 550ix M Sport - AW/Black
2013 X5 50i M Sport - Carbon Black/Cinn (Wife)
2010 550i M Sport - AW/Black (Sold)
2007 530i Sport - AW/Auburn ED on 2/19/07 (Retired)
2001 740iL Sport - Anthracite/Beige (Retired)
Reply With Quote
Advertisement
  #2  
Old 10-26-2012, 10:09 AM
Justin@NCBMW Justin@NCBMW is offline
'Fest Sponsor
Location: SoCal
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 972
Mein Auto: MY13 X5 50i
Quote:
Originally Posted by CK530 View Post
Question for BMW dealers or anyone knows about the BMW lease program.

So far, I received lease quote from 3 different BMW dealers. And their monthly lease payments are $12 - $23 more than the standard lease programs that I used, such as ridewithg.com, cars.com, leaseguide.com and my own excel spreadsheet. Why is there a difference?

MSRP: $63,245
Selling Price: $58,675
Residual: $37,947 (60% - 36/10K)
Buy Rate: .00135
Sales Tax: 7%
No cap cost reduction $0
Monthly Payment: Dealer #1 $779, Dealer #2 $770, Dealer #3 - $768

Monthly Payment: $756.00 from standard lease programs.

Fees do @ signing look fine, just the monthly payment I'm questioning.
FS leases include an Acq fee of 725.00...most dealers include that in the cap to keep drive offs low. I do not see you have included an Acq fee above.
__________________
Justin W.
Lease Portfolio/ED Manager
New Century BMW ~ 7 Time Center of Excellence recipient 2013 PIA winner

1139 W Main St Alhambra, CA 91081

(800) 286-4269 Main Office
(626) 570-8444 ext. 4675


Click here to email me!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-26-2012, 11:35 AM
CK530 CK530 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Monmouth County, NJ
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 150
Mein Auto: 2013 550ix MSport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin@NCBMW View Post
FS leases include an Acq fee of 725.00...most dealers include that in the cap to keep drive offs low. I do not see you have included an Acq fee above.
Thanks Justin for the answer.

For dealer #3, they gave me the drive-off $2,149.83. I don't have the break down, but this is what I came up with:

First Payment: $768
Doc Fee: $299
MV Reg: $349 (estimate)
NJ Tires: $7.5
BMW Acq Fee: $725

Total due @ signing: $2,148.50. I have not told them about any incentives. So, if Acq fee is not included in the due @ signing then what did they put in as a replacement for the $725 .
__________________

2013 550ix M Sport - AW/Black
2013 X5 50i M Sport - Carbon Black/Cinn (Wife)
2010 550i M Sport - AW/Black (Sold)
2007 530i Sport - AW/Auburn ED on 2/19/07 (Retired)
2001 740iL Sport - Anthracite/Beige (Retired)
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-26-2012, 12:13 PM
MonkeyCMonkeyDo MonkeyCMonkeyDo is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Anaheim Hills
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 493
Send a message via AIM to MonkeyCMonkeyDo
Mein Auto: 2013 335i
The calculators on those sites such as RIDEWITHG and leasesource etc are great for giving you APPROX lease rates. However, they do not take into account various city taxes and how different states tax different items different ways. As long as the dealers are within say $20 bucks of the estimate you should be able to determine where the additional costs come in. For example did they raise the Acq fee to 925 to squeeze out a little profit? Was any of the drive-off taxed by state or county? Did you include the Disposition Fee? That alone is usually 300 - 400 dollars. That combined with one or two other items even in the 100-300 range will change that payment the 20 bucks. If you are unsure how the dealers are breaking it down have them show you the full work-up.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-26-2012, 12:14 PM
Justin@NCBMW Justin@NCBMW is offline
'Fest Sponsor
Location: SoCal
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 972
Mein Auto: MY13 X5 50i
Quote:
Originally Posted by CK530 View Post
Thanks Justin for the answer.

For dealer #3, they gave me the drive-off $2,149.83. I don't have the break down, but this is what I came up with:

First Payment: $768
Doc Fee: $299
MV Reg: $349 (estimate)
NJ Tires: $7.5
BMW Acq Fee: $725

Total due @ signing: $2,148.50. I have not told them about any incentives. So, if Acq fee is not included in the due @ signing then what did they put in as a replacement for the $725 .
To be honest...this is a question you should be asking the dealer that provided you with the quote. Ask for a detailed breakdown.- its your right. Fomulas for factoring Taxes/fees into a lease varies from state to state so I will not be able to provide you with an accurate answer.

Also, its not a given that every lease will be factored at buy rate...as a matter of fact it's not the norm
__________________
Justin W.
Lease Portfolio/ED Manager
New Century BMW ~ 7 Time Center of Excellence recipient 2013 PIA winner

1139 W Main St Alhambra, CA 91081

(800) 286-4269 Main Office
(626) 570-8444 ext. 4675


Click here to email me!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Ask-A-Dealer
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms