Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Ask-A-Dealer

Ask-A-Dealer
Talk to our team of BMW Client Advisors. Get all of your buying/financing/leasing questions answered here!

Old 10-26-2012, 03:26 PM

Mein Auto: Hopefully a Bimmer soon
Newbie question...

Hi all!!!

I think my husband is going to surprise me for my birthday with a BMW..... We are a leasing family and every car we lease we immediately tint the windows. Is it true that if we tint the windows on the BMW it has to be removed when turned in??? I've never had to remove a tint on a leased car!!

Thanks in advance everyone!!
Advertisement
Old 10-26-2012, 03:57 PM
Pastafarian Extraordinair

Mein Auto: 335d
Quote:
Originally Posted by citymom View Post
Hi all!!!

I think my husband is going to surprise me for my birthday with a BMW..... We are a leasing family and every car we lease we immediately tint the windows. Is it true that if we tint the windows on the BMW it has to be removed when turned in??? I've never had to remove a tint on a leased car!!

Thanks in advance everyone!!
Officially, yes. But most of the time, no one will care. The best option is to get an agreement from the place were you tint that they will remove it once your lease ends. It's super easy and that way you won't have to worry.
Old 10-26-2012, 07:01 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '14 335xi GT (F34)
Yup, though the dealership will likely not care, specially if you are buying another car from them Getting the shop to remove it before turn-in is your safest bet though.
--ED #3 Schedule--
2014 F34 335i, Mineral Gray on Black
Order Placed: 6/7/13 ED: 9/9/13
Drop-off: 21/9/13 @port: 19/10/13 ReDelivery: 31/10/13
Old 10-26-2012, 07:02 PM

Mein Auto: Hopefully a Bimmer soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Byte View Post
Officially, yes. But most of the time, no one will care. The best option is to get an agreement from the place were you tint that they will remove it once your lease ends. It's super easy and that way you won't have to worry.
That's reasonable... Thanks for your response!!
Old 10-27-2012, 06:36 PM

Mein Auto: 7 series
My dealer offered to tint the windows of the BMW I ordered to lease. Do I still need to worry about getting it removed, etc? Thanks! K
Old 10-27-2012, 07:59 PM
Resident Curmudgeon

Mein Auto: '12 X5 35d/E39M5/996TTX50
Quote:
Originally Posted by kath00 View Post
My dealer offered to tint the windows of the BMW I ordered to lease. Do I still need to worry about getting it removed, etc? Thanks! K

Of course. Dont think that somehow since the BMW dealer is 'offering' this add-on, that BMW Financial Services will alter their process in X years when you turn it in... The dealer is NOT "BMW", it is an independent corporation. You are leasing it from BMWFS...the dealer is just delivering the car to you and acting as an agent for the paperwork.

And by "offered" do you mean for free? Or they are having a tint shop do the job to the new car, and tacking on $200 in the process?

Finally ANY assurances they provide- about tint or anything else- must be in writing. Unless you don't care if it turns out to be untrue.

Last edited by ard; 10-27-2012 at 11:01 PM.