Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > European Delivery

European Delivery
The place to share your experiences and tips related to "ED"... View the ED Wiki -- View the Pick-Up Date Calendar -- Add Your Pick-Up Date to the Calendar

Old 10-27-2012, 12:08 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '13 M5, 08 E93 M3, F430
Leaving next friday!

picking up my M5 on 11/5. Itinerary will be Munich -> Dolomites/Ortesei -> Venice for a short trip. Does anybody have recommendations for a nice sit down dinner in Munich?

Also, recommendations for parking in Venice? Will be doing a day trip over. Thanks!

HUGE Thanks to Greg Poland for making this happen on short notice! You are the man. Very smooth transaction and he's very on top of things. I would highly recommend him just like the others here. Danke!

Last edited by SANguru; 10-27-2012 at 12:10 PM.
Ads by Google
Old 10-27-2012, 03:09 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 535xi
Congrats!

If you want a very traditional Bavarian meal, look no further: http://wirtshausinderau.de/en/. It's not beer hall cheesy, either. Have had several great meals here. Really enjoy the huge sausage platter to start. The men's restroom is quite interesting; I'll leave that as a surprise.

I hate to be a black cloud at such an exciting time, but Venice is really a hassle with a car. If you can do it without getting anybody's undies in a bunch, look at other "countryside" options to visit if possible. There are so many cool cities around southern Germany, Austria, Switzerland, and Northern Italy that are car friendly and more charming than Venice. (Venice is easily experienced with a flight and boat transportation.)

2008 535xi 6-sp - Blk Sph, Blk Dkta,---2011 535xi - Jet Blk, Blk Dkta, Alum----2014 535xi - Jet Blk, Blk Dkta, Alum Hex
Bamboo | Prem | Cold | Sprt Pkg | Nav -Prem | Prem 2 | Cold | Sport | SAT ---- Cold | DA & DA+ | LED | M-Sprt | SAT | Multi
iPod/USB | Sat | Fld Dwn Seats --- ----Fld Dwn Seats | Side/Top Cameras -- ---HK Audio
Htd Rear Seats | PDC | 18" | Logic7 -- ---
(Good riddance!)

Last edited by FastMarkA; 10-27-2012 at 03:10 PM.
Old 10-27-2012, 04:59 PM

Thanks Mark but GF wanted a Michelin rated dressy type of restaurant
Old 10-27-2012, 06:29 PM

Mein Auto: '09 VW MKV Jetta 2.5L
Congrats buddy. Post some photos when you do get a chance.
Old 10-28-2012, 02:53 AM
Crash Test Dummy

Mein Auto: F10 M5
There are plenty of good restaurants in Munich, it just depends what kind of cuisine you're looking for

There is

The staple of fine dining in Munich is "Tantris"
Address Johann-Fichte-Str. 7
80805 Schwabing/Muenchen
Phone (089) 3619590
E-mail ]info@tantris.de
http://www.tantris.de
Cuisine French classic
The interior is a little bit stuck in the 70's and not everyones thing but the food is excellent.

Else there is Schuhbecks in den Südtiroler StubenAddress
Platzl 6
80331 München
Phone (089) 2166900
E-mail info@schuhbeck.de
http://www.schuhbeck.de/
Cuisine Modern Bavarian/Austrian/World

The atmosphere at the Platzl Hotel is pleasant and lively and this feeling extends into Alfons Schuhbeck's elegant Alpine restaurant. Patrick Raaß offers two menus ('Schuhbeck's Classics' and 'World of Spices'). Next door, the restaurant's own shops sell ice cream, chocolate, spices and wine.

Another great place is Dallmayer in the city center
Dienerstr. 14
80331 München
Phone (089) 2135100
E-mail restaurant@dallmayr.de
http://www.dallmayr.de
Cuisine French classic
A small staircase leads up to this elegant bastion of great cuisine. Thanks to chef Diethard Urbansky and his excellent balance of presentation and taste, Dallmayr is now a world famous gourmet restaurant, a luxury delicatessen, and much more besides.

On Maximilan Str (great for people/car watching) is Vue Maximilan
It's in the Four Seasons hotel but at a great location.
Maximilianstr. 17
80539 München
Phone (089) 21252125
E-mail salesteam.vierjahreszeiten@kempinski,com
http://www.kempinski.com/munich
Cuisine international
It is a real treat to eat in this stylish, elegant restaurant while watching from the window the hustle and bustle of luxury shoppers in Maximilianstraße.

There are plenty more and I can provide more names/addresses if needed .
Old 10-28-2012, 10:20 AM

Thanks Jan.
Old 11-01-2012, 01:22 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 Sportwagon
Safe journey! Enjoy the ride!
Old 11-01-2012, 04:41 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 535i
Just back from our ED. Here's three dinner recommendations:

-Bavarian. Augustiner Keller. Close to the rairoad station. We had perfect duck and venison, and the apple strudel was the best I have ever eaten. The apple is sliced microscopically thin - a work of art! If you go, recommend an early arrival, say 5:30 as it fills up fast. (all locals) We braved the wind and rain to go back a second time.

-Continental. The Garden Restaurant at the Bayerischer Hof hotel. Very spendy but great food and service. We stayed at the Bayerischer Hof and really enjoyed.

- Asian fusion. Trader Vic's, also at Bayerischer Hof. This restaurant is an old favorite from Chicago and Bay Area and this one didn't disappoint. Try a Samoan Fog Cutter (or two) but beware the stairs back up to lobby level.

Now we just got back after a month, but writing the above has started me plotting and scheming the next one. Have a great trip!
Old 11-01-2012, 09:14 PM
(aharding)ED #1 Sept 2012

Mein Auto: BMW GC & MB SL500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7170753
Just back from our ED. Here's three dinner recommendations:

-Bavarian. Augustiner Keller. Close to the rairoad station. We had perfect duck and venison, and the apple strudel was the best I have ever eaten. The apple is sliced microscopically thin - a work of art! If you go, recommend an early arrival, say 5:30 as it fills up fast. (all locals) We braved the wind and rain to go back a second time.
+1 for Augustiner Keller. Good food and enjoyable place; hanging out with random local German's was fun.

2013 F06 640i Gran Coupe Carbon Black | M Sport Package | Amaro Brown Merino Leather | Fine Line Oak Wood Trim | Driver Assistance Package | Luxury Seating Package | Bang & Olufsen | Ceramic Controls | BMW Apps | Full LED Lighting
ED Trip Report - September 2012
Post your Neuschwanstein Castle photo here
Hawaii Vacation Rentals

Last edited by 640GC; 11-01-2012 at 09:16 PM.
Old 11-02-2012, 09:26 AM
Aviator

Mein Auto: BMWs
In Venice park at the Tronchetto. Narrow parking spots for a M5 but I've never had a door ding or any damage there. Very safe and monitored parking there.

dk

...and a bunch of old English motorcycles
Old 11-02-2012, 03:39 PM

Send a message via AIM to MonkeyCMonkeyDo
Mein Auto: 2013 335i
We ate at Dallymar when we were in Munich. Fantastic 2 star Michelin restaurant. It was also $885 bucks for the two of us. Just be warned. If you go do not do the wine tasting as it is a waste and the sommelier is no good. Also, pass on the champagne trolley as a bottle of nice champagne from the wine list is cheaper. Food was quite good and it is a nice 4 hr meal if you do the price fixe tasting menu.