Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 10-27-2012, 11:14 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 328i m-sport EB2
Took this pic of estoril blue F30 in sea of black/white/gray/silver cars

Went to Long beach BMW.

they probably have 50 F30s all in a row, grouped by color.

they had 2 estoril blues, 0 red , 0 brown / copper. all the rest were gray / silver / white / black (most white and black actually maybe 75% , tons of noline).

so decided to take a picture with my phone. Even the X1 / 5 series etc were mostly white / black.

Clearly that one blue car really stands out (and i think that other colored car is sort of orange looking X5).

the F30s actually curved around the corner of the dealership towards a cadillac dealer, and there were easily 30 more not pictured (and all the 30 were white or black)

the one other really standout colors i saw there was they had a lime rock orange m3 (im not the biggest fan, but it obviously stood out). and a sahkir orange m6 (that color really just works so well on that car its just gorgeous)

Last edited by hans007; 10-28-2012 at 12:37 AM.
Ads by Google
Old 10-28-2012, 12:42 AM

admittedly i have a white car right now. and have had a silver one before. but my first car was a maroon nissan altima. gonna love standing out again when my blue car shows up.
Old 10-28-2012, 03:04 AM
BMW Platinum Visa® Member

Mein Auto: BMW L328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinTJ View Post

And that is why I always go with Blue, Red, or Green for my cars. Can't stand the bland.
In BMW's case, choosing a bold exterior color forces you into a boring interior color, and since we spend 100% of our drive time inside the car, it's the interior color that's most important.

Case in point your Estoril Blue which is available in a whopping 2 realistic color choices: Black and Beige. Zzzz. Like you said, "can't stand the bland".

To get a bold interior color like Red or Saddle, BMW forces you into a mundane exterior color. Not our fault they make a kick-ass Grey either.

BJ

2013 BMW L328i Luxury Sedan | Premium Package | Technology Package | Lighting Package | Steptronic® | PDC | Apps
Mineral Grey Metallic | Saddle Leather | Anthracite | Camera | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House | Status Package®

Last edited by boltjaM3s; 10-28-2012 at 03:05 AM.
Old 10-28-2012, 03:40 AM
I saw the light!

Mein Auto: 13 F30
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
In BMW's case, choosing a bold exterior color forces you into a boring interior color, and since we spend 100% of our drive time inside the car, it's the interior color that's most important.

Case in point your Estoril Blue which is available in a whopping 2 realistic color choices: Black and Beige. Zzzz. Like you said, "can't stand the bland".

To get a bold interior color like Red or Saddle, BMW forces you into a mundane exterior color. Not our fault they make a kick-ass Grey either.

BJ
They really should allow Saddle or Everest with Msport, I'm hoping that happens by 2015. The two tone interiors look 100% better with the anthracite headliner from the sport packages.

Greg tried to get mine as a special order saddle brown with the Estoril Blue exterior. I was even willing to pay extra for it. He forwarded me the email chain with corporate. It went pretty far up. Couldn't get it to happen.

When push came to shove, and I had to choose between the interior vs exterior, obviously I went with the EBII and Msport. I remember you originally wanted to go Msport as well, but when push came to shove, you chose the interior which forces you into Luxury.

We're the same. I just prioritize outside, and you prioritize inside. Different strokes.

2013 335i F30 M Sport (ZMM, EBII, ZDH, ZTP, 2TB, 688) My ED Trip
2002 E36/7 Topaz Blue Roadster
BMWCCA Member ID: 456926

Last edited by JustinTJ; 10-28-2012 at 03:47 AM.
Old 10-28-2012, 03:48 AM

Quote:

BJ

i thought you could order coral red with estoril blue? though i personally think that would look weird.

i'd say the everest gray would look great though (probably would look great with say alpine white and serveral other colors with m-sport too). my friend was saying it woudl be great if they allowed ordering the white leather that M5s can order and i agreed that would look pretty awesome (theres pics online of monte carlo blue + white leather that look great). also i went to santa monica BMW and they have a beige + brown wood + estoril car and it looks horrible in my opinion (their sales people have even said as much and regret having ordered it like that). they even blacked out the grill and rims, and it looked even weirder with the brown interior.

Last edited by hans007; 10-28-2012 at 03:57 AM.
Old 10-28-2012, 06:48 AM

Mein Auto: F30 335i Superman M Sport
You can get an Estoril Blue M Sport with Coral Red, and pictures never do it justice. It is quite an exotic, and IMO, the proper color for the M Sport
Also, +1 on the Everest Gray. M5s have this combo, and that looks fantastic.

2013 BMW 335i Sedan Estoril Blue II M Sport 2PF|6MT|ZDH|ZTP|Coral Red Leather|688|508
2007 Nissan Sentra SE-R
Old 10-28-2012, 06:50 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to jfox335i
Mein Auto: 2010 E90 M3
Estoril blue is a beautiful color. I would rate the space gray or frozen gray as BMW's sharpest colors, with this blue or the interlagos blue second. I have BSM, I didn't order, so you don't have much choice on color. I do like the Everest grey interior with the BSM.

BMWCCA #471315
Old 10-28-2012, 07:45 AM
Woodswatchco

Mein Auto: 2013 328i 6sp manual
estoril blue and red!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hans007 View Post
admittedly i have a white car right now. and have had a silver one before. but my first car was a maroon nissan altima. gonna love standing out again when my blue car shows up.
The M package and estoril blue is what lured me away from Audi. Audi has offered no new performance upgrades or interesting colors on the A4 in years. Even the sports package on the A4 (only tighter suspension, sport seats and the same 18" wheels other cars get) can't be ordered on a base car. So, I went with estoril blue and coral red leather! It's a lease so I'm not worried about resale. It will be a love it or hate it combo.
Old 10-28-2012, 07:51 AM
Woodswatchco

Mein Auto: 2013 328i 6sp manual
estoril blue and red leather

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnofcross View Post
You can get an Estoril Blue M Sport with Coral Red, and pictures never do it justice. It is quite an exotic, and IMO, the proper color for the M Sport
Also, +1 on the Everest Gray. M5s have this combo, and that looks fantastic.
I'm glad someone else loves the blue and red combo. I ordered mine that way and the dealer was like, are you sure?? I asked four of my friends that I value their opinions. Three out out of four said, you have the get the red leather with the estoril blue. The other friend took the high road and said, whatever you like.
Old 10-28-2012, 08:30 AM

Mein Auto: 335i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by hans007 View Post
i thought you could order coral red with estoril blue? though i personally think that would look weird.

i'd say the everest gray would look great though (probably would look great with say alpine white and serveral other colors with m-sport too). my friend was saying it woudl be great if they allowed ordering the white leather that M5s can order and i agreed that would look pretty awesome (theres pics online of monte carlo blue + white leather that look great). also i went to santa monica BMW and they have a beige + brown wood + estoril car and it looks horrible in my opinion (their sales people have even said as much and regret having ordered it like that). they even blacked out the grill and rims, and it looked even weirder with the brown interior.
You are right, coral red is one of the 3 interior colors you may chose with an EB M-Sport. The others are beige and black. The above poster is excitable and speaks in hyperbole.

I saw a 650 Grand Coupe with the white Merino leather and it's a bold statement. No for me, but it certainly stands out.
Old 10-28-2012, 08:32 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 BMW 335i Sedan
I love the EB2. My next color, for sure!

2008 BMW 335i Retired
2009 BMW 535i Retired

2012 F30 335i sportline (Black Sapphire/Black Leatherette/Black High gloss trim, Technology, Sport Auto, Premium Sound, BMW Apps.)
Old 10-28-2012, 09:25 AM

Mein Auto: Passat 1.8T MT
Quote:
That beige in the not-quite-pure-blue Estoril does look like a good combo, at least based on phtos. Everest gray would have been a much better alternative.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodswatchco View Post
Even the sports package on the A4 (only tighter suspension, sport seats and the same 18" wheels other cars get) can't be ordered on a base car. S
Audi started copying BMW by preventing you from getting certain things in the lower trims, things that used to be (still are) standard on $15K Golfs with roll up windows. Things such as folding rear seats and trip computers. That was a stupid move on their part, especially as the A$ is reaching its end and is up against fresher competition. Ultr-nickel-and-dimer BMW wisened and went in the other direction in 2013 by throwing features in the base model.
Old 10-28-2012, 11:40 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 Melbourne Red 335i
Thumbs up Melbourne Red !

Could not agree with you More !!!!!!! Our Second Red BMW.
June 9,2012 New Order. 2013 335i Sedan, Melbourne Red Metallic Sport Line, Brushed Aluminum, Leather Dakota Black/Red Highlight, 19" Wheels, Premium Package, Dynamic Handling Package, Technology Package, Sport Transmission with Paddles, Htd Front Seats & Harmon Kardon Performance Center Delivery October 9, 2012. BMWCCA Member since April 2006.
Old 10-28-2012, 11:45 AM
Software Engineer

Mein Auto: 2013 335i
My last 3 cars were either blue or red

Blue RSX typeS
Blue STI
Red Evo

I really wanted the EBII but I didn't think the M package was worth the extra cost over the sport just for the color. Not to mention I also really wanted Everest Grey interior which would have been awesome with the EBII. I also liked the black chromed exhaust tips over the M Sports chrome exhaust tips.

2013 335i Sport | Mineral White | Leather Dakota Everest Grey | Cold Weather Package | Driver Assistance Package | Premium Package | Technology Package | Auto high beams | Parking Assistant | 6MT

My 335i Photo Gallery
Old 10-28-2012, 02:06 PM
I saw the light!

Quote:
Originally Posted by golovko View Post
My last 3 cars were either blue or red

Blue RSX typeS
Blue STI
Red Evo

I really wanted the EBII but I didn't think the M package was worth the extra cost over the sport just for the color. Not to mention I also really wanted Everest Grey interior which would have been awesome with the EBII. I also liked the black chromed exhaust tips over the M Sports chrome exhaust tips.
Dude, the Msport vs Sport at $1500 is worth it for the steering wheel alone. Not to mention the body kit with the front end fix, brake upgrade, and unlocking EBII. At least for those who keep it stock or lease. I'm only doing front reflectors, corner bulbs, and tint on mine.

Of course, this is only my opinion. I think we all agree that Everest Grey should be added on Msport in the future years, even if BMW wants Saddle to remain absent. I do agree with you on the exhaust tips, black tips with the diffuser on the Msport would be much better.

Old 10-28-2012, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Dude, the Msport vs Sport at $1500 is worth it for the steering wheel alone. Not to mention the body kit with the front end fix, brake upgrade, and unlocking EBII. At least for those who keep it stock or lease. I'm only doing front reflectors, corner bulbs, and tint on mine.

Of course, this is only my opinion. I think we all agree that Everest Grey should be added on Msport in the future years, even if BMW wants Saddle to remain absent. I do agree with you on the exhaust tips, black tips with the diffuser on the Msport would be much better.

i initially was thinking of getting estoril blue since i always wanted a blue car but i did give some consideration to white / mineral gray (then realized i'd just be boring agian), but when i thought of it as "hey i paid for m-sport already and it UNLOCKED this color" well then i really wanted it. haha

the m-sport wheel on the f30 is easily the best m-sport wheel . if you get a f10 with m-sport the wheel is barely different. i mean even an M5 wheel is not as cool looking . i'd say the only nicer wheel they have right now is the M6 wheel (ithink its got better feeling leather)

Last edited by hans007; 10-28-2012 at 02:18 PM.
Old 10-28-2012, 05:56 PM

Quote:

When push came to shove, and I had to choose between the interior vs exterior, obviously I went with the EBII and Msport. I remember you originally wanted to go Msport as well, but when push came to shove, you chose the interior which forces you into Luxury.

We're the same. I just prioritize outside, and you prioritize inside. Different strokes.
Yup.

Just really a shame that they put us in that position.

BJ

2013 BMW L328i Luxury Sedan | Premium Package | Technology Package | Lighting Package | Steptronic® | PDC | Apps
Mineral Grey Metallic | Saddle Leather | Anthracite | Camera | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House | Status Package®
Old 10-28-2012, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw_or_audi View Post
That beige in the not-quite-pure-blue Estoril does look like a good combo, at least based on phtos. Everest gray would have been a much better alternative.
I unfortunately had a beige interior in my E93, and it was really bland as can be. The other issue is keeping it clean with the kids, harsh winter climates, etc.

BJ

Old 10-28-2012, 06:04 PM

Mein Auto: F30 328i Sport
eb2
Old 10-28-2012, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post

eb2
When are you nuking those orange side reflectors?

BJ

Old 10-28-2012, 08:39 PM
I saw the light!

Quote:
When are you nuking those orange side reflectors?

BJ
Yeah dude, contact Nate at IND. I have mine here waiting already, if the car ever shows.

Old 10-28-2012, 09:14 PM
Re-Badged

Mein Auto: 2015 C63 AMG S
Blue is where it's at.
Quote:
Half the fun of succeeding in life is fighting the fight and making it.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:54 PM

Quote:
I unfortunately had a beige interior in my E93, and it was really bland as can be. The other issue is keeping it clean with the kids, harsh winter climates, etc.

BJ
Actually, it seems like I forgot to type or edited out by mistake the word "not" in this:
That beige in the not-quite-pure-blue Estoril does NOT look like a good combo. In certain photos, the blue has a slightly pastel feel to it and a lavenderish hue, while the beige is more of a butterscotch beige that seems to clash a little with this unusual blue. Of course, I would need to see it in person to make a final judgement.

Btwy, one unfortunate side effect of a color that stands out is that it also stands out to the cops.

Finally, what is the difference between veneto beige and venetian beige?