Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)

X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
E70 BMW X5 produced between 2007 and 2013. Discuss the E70 X5 with other BMW owners here.

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 08:24 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Lexus LS400
Thumbs up I can do it in my Camry but not in my X5

I donít always wear my seat belt, so when the seat belt beeping starts, I just turn up the radio to drown it out. Well guess what, that doesnít work in the X5, the louder you turn up the music, the louder the gong gets. WTF, I had to laugh about that. I have never seen a vehicle do that and I just wanted to share it with you because I thought it was funny. That BMW gong drives me nuts, so I click up now. Thanks BMW for making me wear my seat belt.
Ads by Google
Old 10-28-2012, 08:39 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 X5
Just buy this and it will stop http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-x-BMW-M-Ra...3292ec&vxp=mtr
Old 10-28-2012, 09:39 AM
Resident Curmudgeon

Mein Auto: '12 X5 35d/E39M5/996TTX50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboBusa View Post
I donít always wear my seat belt, .

Good. Always felt the gene pool needs thinning.

A

PS Dad killed due to no seatbelt, 28 years ago, few miles from home- rural area, one lane road, just running to the store, etc,etc

PPS Colleague (MD) learned to weld during a summer job- he welded up sleds that were used to strap cadavers into car seats and crash them into barriers with and without belts, or just lap or just shoulder or just airbag- and then they'd dissect and look at the resulting injuries.... funny, he became a lifetime seat belt wearer after that....
Old 10-28-2012, 10:57 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 X5 35D /2011 M37X
What a stupid post, you have to be a moron not to wear your seatbelt.

Sent from my MB865 using Bimmer App
Old 10-28-2012, 11:34 AM

Mein Auto: A box with 4 circles
Thumbs down

This thread....Well I'm hoping you don't drive without a seat belt. But yea, everything is interfaced with each other on the X (for the most part), while the Camry keeps the seat belt gong on a separate small speaker, hence you can drown the noise with the radio.

Be Safe...

Why does this matter?
CAUSE EVERY TIME someone says Lexus has better build quality, one should consider what Toyota their Lexus Engine and chassis platform comes out of and how long that part has been tested in the real world!
Old 10-28-2012, 12:11 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 X3; 2010 528;2013 X5
I used to do trauma surgery. Rarely saw people who didn't buckle their seatbelts....because they usually didn't get to the ER. Ejected from vehicle, DOA or dead at the scene. Funny thing - policemen often do not wear belts and they don't do well in crashes.
Old 10-28-2012, 12:49 PM
Don't be a hammer

Mein Auto: '12 X5 35d
I want one of the buckles to put in the passenger side seat belt receiver. I put my briefcase on the passenger seat to/from work and it's heavy enough to make the sensors think the seat is occupied by a person.
Old 10-28-2012, 01:54 PM
Resident Curmudgeon

Mein Auto: '12 X5 35d/E39M5/996TTX50
Quote:
Originally Posted by gresch View Post
I want one of the buckles to put in the passenger side seat belt receiver. I put my briefcase on the passenger seat to/from work and it's heavy enough to make the sensors think the seat is occupied by a person.
Dont you already have one???

(Hint: It's attached to the belt.)