Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E60 M5 (2006 - 2010)

E60 M5 (2006 - 2010)

Old 02-09-2015, 03:01 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E60 M5
ABS- Brake - DSC lights, ugh!

Two weeks after I bought my lightly used (34k miles) 2007 M5, I got the trifecta of warning lights. It comes on occasionally. Turning the car off and back on turns out the lights for a while, sometimes until the next time I start the car. After quite a bit of research, I found that the codes (5DF0 and 5DF1) are almost always caused by a faulty brush in the pump motor. I looked at videos that showed how to remove the motor and replace the faulty brush. I opted to remove the pump myself and ship it off to modulemaster.com for $250 and have them fix it for me. My new to me M5 is in the garage for the week.

If anyone has this issue, hopefully I can save you the time and energy that I spent wading through a mountain of information on this problem. Just go here or give them a call.

http://modulemaster.com/rebuilds/sho.../abs-ate-abs4/

2008 335xi - Coupe - MT - Alpine White - Saddle Brown Dakota Leather - Premium Package - Cold Weather Package - JB4 *sold*

Advertisement
Old 02-10-2015, 06:41 PM

Well, $97 to overnight the part to www.modulemaster.com and they received it at 10:30 AM local time (Moscow, ID which is close to Spokane, WA). I will keep you guys posted on how long it takes them to repair the pump, communication during the repair, and total time to receive part back from them.

2008 335xi - Coupe - MT - Alpine White - Saddle Brown Dakota Leather - Premium Package - Cold Weather Package - JB4 *sold*

Old 02-13-2015, 10:19 AM

Well, I guess Module Master (http://modulemaster.com/) does not put any priority on the ATE MK60 ABS module, probably because it is usually used in a motorcycle. They probably assume that people can live without a motorcycle for a couple weeks. Apparently the turnaround time for one of our modules is 5 business days, while the turnaround time for the older E39 modules is 3 business days. I called them today, and I get the feeling that they really don't care how long it takes. My car has been apart for 6 days, and they said that the module "should" ship back to me some time next week. I'm starting to wonder if I should have gone with BBA Reman (http://www.bba-reman.com/us/index.aspx) instead.

Old 02-16-2015, 12:13 PM

Well, it's Monday, February 16, and I still haven't heard anything from Module Master. Communication definitely isn't their strong suit.

Old 02-18-2015, 10:12 PM

Well, they received the module on Tuesday 2/10 at 10:30 AM and shipped it out on Tuesday 2/17. I paid $52 for overnight shipping back to me, and they got it out too late to get to me in one day. Because of the location and time/expense to ship to Idaho, along with the fact that they did not even meet the expectations they set, I would recommend going with any of the other companies that repair these modules, like BBA Reman. More info to come if I actually receive the module tomorrow. Tomorrow will be day 11 that my car had been down for a repair that was supposed to have a turnaround time of five days.

Old 02-19-2015, 10:45 PM

Finally got the ABS pump back today after fighting with FedEx all day about where the package was. I paid for overnight shipping back to me. They shipped on Tuesday with a guaranteed delivery of 10:30 AM Wednesday. At 5:30 PM Thursday, I still had not received the package. I spent hours on the phone with FedEx with them saying the package would be delivered. I have heard this before. Finally I got a person on the phone who told me that the driver had signed off for the night, while the FedEx website still said "out for delivery". I went to the FedEx office, and they pulled the box off the truck that was still listed as "out for delivery" on their website. FedEx is the absolute worst of all the shipping companies and will never get another dime of my money.

Anyway, got the ABS pump installed, and everything seems to be working properly now.