Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming

BMW Coding and Programming
Discuss coding options and features on your BMW here.

Old 04-03-2014, 01:50 PM

Mein Auto: 730D Sport Individual
AUX Retrofit Problem

Hi All,

I've been trying to install and activate AUX on my E65 730D Sport for a while now.
It's a late 2005 and is the facelift version. Currently there's an IPOD connection installed which plays under the CDC option on the MMI.
After watching many videos and reading many posts, I've concluded that I have the facelift MMI and ASK unit, installed the AUX cable and got INPA & NCSExpert up and running on my computer.

The problem I'm having is everytime I try to add +NAUX to the vehicle order I get the message: "the following feature is invalid for FA: +NAUX".
I've tried removing IPOD and adding +NAUX, but I'm still getting the same message and don't what else to do.

If anyone has any ideas what could be causing the issue, I'd really appreciate you sharing your knowledge and experiences.

Many thanks in advance.
Ads by Google
Old 04-03-2014, 02:41 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: F11 530d xDrive -12
Use notepad to open /ncsexper/daten/E65AT.000, this file contain all available vo-codes. There is no NAUX in the list so it is incorrect code, I don't know which code is the correct one. I have never done this so I don't know but it is possible that it must be coded throug ncsexpert manipulation, ncs dummy is a great software for this. You can google for "dummies guide to basic coding with ncs expert" if you don't know how to do it.
Old 04-05-2014, 02:56 AM

Thanks for your reply.

I've managed to get AUX displayed on my MMI now, so at least I've made some progress but now there's no sound when I plug my phone/mp3 in. I've checked the guide by forum member PAPER and I'm sure the pins are all in the right place. Any ideas?
Old 04-05-2014, 03:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitz View Post
Thanks for your reply.

I've managed to get AUX displayed on my MMI now, so at least I've made some progress but now there's no sound when I plug my phone/mp3 in. I've checked the guide by forum member PAPER and I'm sure the pins are all in the right place. Any ideas?
How did you get it to show? Please post file names NCS is using for code your headunit, see attachment.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	files.png
Views:	13
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	431947  

Last edited by ap90500; 04-05-2014 at 04:05 AM.
Old 04-13-2014, 02:08 PM

Only just had time this week to have another play. I've inserted images showing the MMI and ASK ECU file names used.

I've only been able to code aux on the MMI ECU as that's the only one I can find that actually has aux as an option to activate/deactive. Do I also need to find a way to code the ASK unit?

My car is an early facelift with the facelift ASK unit. Were there differences with the ASK units from 2005 onward?

Last edited by Whitz; 04-13-2014 at 02:13 PM.
Old 04-13-2014, 03:41 PM

You'll need to run some job, ie codierdaten_lesen, before taking the screenshot. Otherwise it won't show the correct .C0x file name. Actually I need just the file name, not screenshot. MMI_E65.C02 does not have an aux option.
Old 04-13-2014, 04:00 PM

I see. The file name is MMI_E65.C04 and this is the one I have activated aux in.
Old 04-13-2014, 04:32 PM

According to PAPER's guide, aux in MMI should be coded to aktiv. If you are using the original BMW aux cable, I would say that you probably should flash the head unit. You'll need ops or icom to do it because of a most bus.
Old 04-13-2014, 04:56 PM

Yes, that's now set to active and is how I got the aux option to show. The only thing from the guide which I couldn't do was add +NAUX to the vo (the error message mentioned in my first post).
I'll look into flashing the headunit, but do you know if this is something I could do myself or would it be a main dealer job

Last edited by Whitz; 04-13-2014 at 04:56 PM. Reason: typo