Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 03-08-2015, 02:27 PM

Mein Auto: Mb
Painted Front license plate holder?

I have been searching for a couple of days, haven't seen anything online for the 2015 5 series.

I live in NY and need a front license plate. It came with a basic boring black mount.

I came across a site that has frames that come painted. I have an alpine white car so that's the frame I will get from the front and back.

But the front mount/holder is still quite visible and would love to get it in matching alpine white. Bimmiam has them but not for this model. Anyone else know of someone that sells this?

Also the screws go over the navy part of the license plate so I wanted to get screws that would blend in the best. Anyone know the best option for screws that come navy blue to match the ny plates?
Advertisement
Old 03-08-2015, 03:06 PM

Mein Auto: 2015 528i xDrive
Did you ask the dealer for this? They possibly could've given you one for free or sold you one. Sorry I'm am not of any help as I am with the others who want to remove the front license plate. Which car did you end up with?
Old 03-08-2015, 04:08 PM

I got the car through a lease broker. I don't think a dealer sells although I could be wrong.

How common are tickets when u remove the front plates?

2015 528i x drive m sport alpine white with mocha nappa.

Last edited by Moneymm22; 03-08-2015 at 04:10 PM.
Old 03-08-2015, 05:18 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 535i MSport
Paint the mount yourself. Clean it well, apply a coat or two of spray primer, then a couple of coats of Alpine White spray paint.
As for the screw heads, they're easy to paint as well - just punch them through a cardboard box so only the heads are showing, then apply a couple of light coats of a closely matching blue spray paint and you're done.

Last edited by Sonicendeavor; 03-08-2015 at 05:20 PM.
Old 03-08-2015, 06:58 PM

Mein Auto: 2015 528i xDrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneymm22 View Post
I got the car through a lease broker. I don't think a dealer sells although I could be wrong.

How common are tickets when u remove the front plates?

2015 528i x drive m sport alpine white with mocha nappa.
Sounds like a nice car. I would hate to have a front plate with the m sport grill. I have plates from a different state which you don't have to have a front plate of there's no built in mount. So I can't help you with that question.

Your best bet is to paint it like sonicendeavor suggested above but Im sure if you found it some where else online there's a chance you can find it elsewhere. See what others say. Good luck.
Old 03-08-2015, 09:25 PM
F10

Mein Auto: 2013 550xi
Just remove your front plate. It will look incredibly better; the front of an alpine white, M-sport F10 is beautiful and the plate ruins it. I don't have a front plate on mine and I'm from New Jersey. I have never had an issue, even when I'm stopped for speeding, the officer never notices or cares.

Last edited by ScottF10; 03-08-2015 at 09:33 PM.
Old 03-09-2015, 08:42 AM

i dunno, my wife drives the car sometimes, and she will not be happy if she ever got pulled over for this. i think i just need to make it blend in as best i can.