Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 04-11-2014, 12:38 AM
Russkii

Mein Auto: 13 Challenger
Picking up my 2013 550i M Sport tomorrow

I made a thread couple weeks back trying to decide between 535i and 550i and i have made my decision. I will be picking the car up tomorrow. Decided to go with the 550i well because I've had one before(2008 e60) and I want one again. It's White on Black with only 12k miles. I am pretty excited. I've been out of bmw scene for few years now and i guess i need some links to maybe tips/tricks advice on the car, what to look out for etc.

I do plan on doing few mods in a little while(front lip, spoiler, wheels, black roof and a chip. As far as chip goes is there a good read up on burger tuning chip and how to go about w/o it affecting the warranty etc? Really don't want to shell out 3k on Dinan unless i have to. Also who sells the parts I've mentioned other than eBay? Is anyone here running the spoiler/lip from one of the chinese retailers? If so how is the quality? As far as wheels go how are Niche and/or Stance Wheels? There is few that I've found that i like but not sure of the quality because of the price. I've actually been looking at Vossen wheels and they seem to put out quality product. How are those?

Looking forward to the answers and will post pics of the car as soon as i get the time

Last edited by sdshakal; 04-11-2014 at 12:42 AM.
Ads by Google
Old 04-13-2014, 05:52 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 550i xDrive
Congrats & that color combination is SWEET! I can only speak to the BMS Stage I ... best $449 you can spend for the fun factor. As far as warranty - I can only surmise that for the vast majority of repairs, remove the piggyback device and you're probably ok. For a catastrophic engine/turbo failure, just assume that BMW can see that you were running more boost through both turbos and put 1+1 together and you're paying.

As they say - you gotta pay to play! You might try the car in Sport + before modding. It's got respectable pull in stock form and should meet or exceed your Challenger.