Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 07-25-2014, 09:43 PM

Mein Auto: 2015 F10 550i (On Order)
Here is the 2015 F10 550i build I just ordered

I just got a production slot for the following build:

MY2015 F10 550i
Color: A83 Glacier Silver Metallic
Upholstery: LZLZ Black Nappa Leather
Options:
- ZMM M Sport
- ZDB Driver Assistance Plus
- ZEC Executive Package
- 494 Heated Front Seats
- 4CE Anthracite Wood Trim
- 6NS Enhanced USB and Bluetooth plus Smartphone Integration

I spent a lot of time debating other options, including ZLP Lighting Package, ZLS Luxury Seating Package, 2VH Integral Active Steering, and 5AT ACC Stop & Go, but ultimately decided to drop them.

I wish I could drop half of the Executive Package but what can you do? At least I'm excited about the leather dashboard!

A big thank you to everyone who responded to my recent posts, and all the great information in this forum.

Now comes the hard part...waiting for arrival.
Advertisement
Old 07-25-2014, 10:21 PM
Gib mir Feurschutz!

Mein Auto: 2013 750i
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudFox007 View Post
I just got a production slot for the following build:

MY2015 F10 550i
Options:
- ZMM M Sport
- ZEC Executive Package
- 494 Heated Front Seats

I spent a lot of time debating other options, including ZLP Lighting Package, ZLS Luxury Seating Package, 2VH Integral Active Steering, and 5AT ACC Stop & Go, but ultimately decided to drop them.

I wish I could drop half of the Executive Package but what can you do? At least I'm excited about the leather dashboard!

A big thank you to everyone who responded to my recent posts, and all the great information in this forum.

Now comes the hard part...waiting for arrival.
Mind if I ask why dropping the Lux Seating? It comes with ventilated seating, maybe up in the bay area it's cool enough without them, but down here in SoCal it was 101F yesterday

Good luck on your ride!
Chris

2013 BMW 750i - Coded, Executive, Lighting, Cold Weather, M Sport, M 303 Wheels, 5% Tint, Conti DWS Tires, 3M Bra, Vinyl Black Gloss Roof Wrap, Exhaust Flap Mod.
Old 07-25-2014, 11:23 PM

Great question! That was actually one of the first items on my order buy after testing the ventilated seating on a colleague's F10 in 90 degree weather, I just didn't feel a thing. I was really surprised because I have experienced great seat cooling in domestic cars that cost one third of this one. All the posts I read about BMW ventilated seating on this site and others essentially described it as "meh". While some people had good results, most experienced what I did. I would have kept it if it were more effective.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 07-26-2014, 09:25 AM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: 2011 535i
Quote:
Great question! That was actually one of the first items on my order buy after testing the ventilated seating on a colleague's F10 in 90 degree weather, I just didn't feel a thing. I was really surprised because I have experienced great seat cooling in domestic cars that cost one third of this one. All the posts I read about BMW ventilated seating on this site and others essentially described it as "meh". While some people had good results, most experienced what I did. I would have kept it if it were more effective.

I don't have the seats, but agree, most reviews are not all that positive. Plus I'm not a big fan of perforated leather.

2014 535i Individual | Azurite Black/Amaro Brown Merino | Premium | Cold | PDC | Rear Camera | Anthracite Hdr
Prior: 2011 535i AT | Black Sapphire/Cinnamon | Premium | Heated Sts | Nav | Sirius | Anthracite Hdr & Trim
Prior: 2008 335i 6MT Sedan | Black Sapphire/Terra Leather | Premium | Cold | CA | OEM Alarm
Prior: 2005 330i 6MT | Black Sapphire/Sand Leather | Premium | Cold | UGO | OEM Alarm
Old 07-26-2014, 10:54 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: f10 550i
Quote:
Originally Posted by markl53 View Post
I don't have the seats, but agree, most reviews are not all that positive. Plus I'm not a big fan of perforated leather.
+1. I have the seats and do not find them very effective. They do not wear well and are a real PITA to clean.
Old 07-26-2014, 10:02 PM

Well, after sleeping on it, I ended up going for the Luxury Seating after all, as well as ACC Stop & Go. I actually like the perorations, especially on Nappa leather. Plus on a lease, the Luxury Seating Package is going to cost me about $13-$14 extra per month. For that amount, I thought it is worth the risk to hope I end up in the seemingly small group of folks that likes the ventilated seats.

Here is my final build:

MY2015 F10 550i
Options:
- ZMM M Sport
- 5AT ACC Stop & Go + Active Driving Assistant
- ZEC Executive Package
- ZLS Luxury Seating Package
- 494 Heated Front Seats
- MSRP: $78,350
- Invoice: $72,610 (including $400 MACO and $180 Training)

Hopefully that's it for the changes. I've been told it should flip to 150 Production Started status imminently.
Old 07-26-2014, 10:10 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW 550i M-Sport
Quote:

At least I'm excited about the leather dashboard!
Which of your options includes the leather dashboard? The wasn't included in any of your listed options prior to 2015 unless you ordered an M5
2013 550i M Sport|300|LCSW|4MR|2TB|704|760|PDC|ZEC|6F2|ZDA|5AD |416|494|Dinan Stage 2|CF Spoiler,MirrorCaps&Splitter|M Performance Diffuser|Front Reflector Delete|Black Grilles|Rear Fog Lights|Euro Side Mirrors&Tail Lights|M5 Front & M550D Rear Sway Bars|20" HB04|Roof Wrapped|Coded|CCA member
Old 07-26-2014, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ausdude View Post
Which of your options includes the leather dashboard? The wasn't included in any of your listed options prior to 2015 unless you ordered an M5
ZEC Executive Package, available only on the 550i, now includes the 4M5 Leather Dashboard. It's a MY 2015 thing. Check out the pricing and ordering guides in the sticky post at the top.
Old 07-26-2014, 10:29 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW 550i M-Sport
That's good! I wish they would include 4 zone climate. I need that badly.
2013 550i M Sport|300|LCSW|4MR|2TB|704|760|PDC|ZEC|6F2|ZDA|5AD |416|494|Dinan Stage 2|CF Spoiler,MirrorCaps&Splitter|M Performance Diffuser|Front Reflector Delete|Black Grilles|Rear Fog Lights|Euro Side Mirrors&Tail Lights|M5 Front & M550D Rear Sway Bars|20" HB04|Roof Wrapped|Coded|CCA member
Old 07-27-2014, 07:27 AM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: 2011 535i
Quote:
Well, after sleeping on it, I ended up going for the Luxury Seating after all, as well as ACC Stop & Go. I actually like the perorations, especially on Nappa leather. Plus on a lease, the Luxury Seating Package is going to cost me about $13-$14 extra per month. For that amount, I thought it is worth the risk to hope I end up in the seemingly small group of folks that likes the ventilated seats.
Unless I'm wrong, and we've had several threads on this, for Dakota and Nappa, only your front seats will be perforated leather. The rears will be solid -- weird mis-match, IMO. IIRC, only Merino has matching perforations in the rear seats. Have you owned a car with "holes" in the leather? Cleaner gets trapped in them, no matter what you use, and especially on a dark color, can cause the holes to be more visible with "gunk" left in them. My wife's Acura has perforations in a light gray interior, and I've given up keeping the holes clean. I used to use a small pin to clean them out. Ask for opinions from the forum perhaps. People will LOVE their extre $$$ option, since of course they paid for it, but will be reluctant to advise of the down sides. I believe there was also recent talk that the black Nappa seats use Dakota for the perforated panels.

2014 535i Individual | Azurite Black/Amaro Brown Merino | Premium | Cold | PDC | Rear Camera | Anthracite Hdr
Prior: 2011 535i AT | Black Sapphire/Cinnamon | Premium | Heated Sts | Nav | Sirius | Anthracite Hdr & Trim
Prior: 2008 335i 6MT Sedan | Black Sapphire/Terra Leather | Premium | Cold | CA | OEM Alarm
Prior: 2005 330i 6MT | Black Sapphire/Sand Leather | Premium | Cold | UGO | OEM Alarm

Last edited by markl53; 07-27-2014 at 07:35 AM.
Old 07-27-2014, 09:24 PM

Thanks for the tips markl53. I'm kind of committed at this point and suspect if there are any issues, you'll see a post about it down the road! :-)

Old 07-28-2014, 06:24 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 528xi
Quote:

Here is my final build:

MY2015 F10 550i
Options:
- ZMM M Sport
- 5AT ACC Stop & Go + Active Driving Assistant
- ZEC Executive Package
- ZLS Luxury Seating Package
- 494 Heated Front Seats
- MSRP: $78,350
- Invoice: $72,610 (including $400 MACO and $180 Training)

Hopefully that's it for the changes. I've been told it should flip to 150 Production Started status imminently.

Good choice on the luxury seating. The massage feature is what I love about them. The gentle back and forth movement truly feels great and decreases fatigue on long drives.

Ventilated air is something I use occasionally. NJ like San Fran doesn't have many 90+ degrees days.

I have no issues with perforations. My last car had them and I don't find them difficult to keep clean. They look great and not having them in the back is another non-issue.

ACC Stop & Go is a must have for me. You'll love it. Great for safety and convenience.

Congratulations!
2014 528ix M Sport. Space Gray/Mocha Brown Nappa Leather, Anthracite Wood Trim, ContiProContact SSR RFT's. Packages: ACC Stop & Go + Active Driving Assistant, Driver Assistance, Driver Assistance +, Lighting, Lux & Prem. Options: Paddle Shifters, H-K. S S System, Heated FS's & Power Rear Shade with Man SS's.

2013 X3 28i M Sport. Deep Sea Blue/Sand Beige Nevada Leather, FS Wood Trim, BMW Apps, HG Rails and GY LS All Seasons. Packages: Cold, Conv, DHP, Perform, Prem, Prem Sound and Tech.

Last edited by Bmwlvr60; 07-28-2014 at 06:28 AM.
Old 07-28-2014, 07:12 AM
BMW loyalist

Mein Auto: 2014 F10 535 xdrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by markl53 View Post

Yup perforated Lester is not fun to maintain whatsoever.

Former rides:
2000 Audi A4 QMT,
2006 BMW 330i titanium silver, black, sport package, 6MT
Old 07-28-2014, 07:14 AM
BMW loyalist

Mein Auto: 2014 F10 535 xdrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwlvr60 View Post
Good choice on the luxury seating. The massage feature is what I love about them. The gentle back and forth movement truly feels great and decreases fatigue on long drives.

Ventilated air is something I use occasionally. NJ like San Fran doesn't have many 90+ degrees days.

I have no issues with perforations. My last car had them and I don't find them difficult to keep clean. They look great and not having them in the back is another non-issue.

ACC Stop & Go is a must have for me. You'll love it. Great for safety and convenience.

Congratulations!

I contemplated getting the Stop and Go in my car, but I have a strong aversion to my car driving itself in any way haha

Former rides:
2000 Audi A4 QMT,
2006 BMW 330i titanium silver, black, sport package, 6MT
Old 07-28-2014, 07:18 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 528xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by boston535 View Post
I contemplated getting the Stop and Go in my car, but I have a strong aversion to my car driving itself in any way haha
LOL

The Google car is one where we can plug the destination in and take a nap on the way there. What fun is that?
2014 528ix M Sport. Space Gray/Mocha Brown Nappa Leather, Anthracite Wood Trim, ContiProContact SSR RFT's. Packages: ACC Stop & Go + Active Driving Assistant, Driver Assistance, Driver Assistance +, Lighting, Lux & Prem. Options: Paddle Shifters, H-K. S S System, Heated FS's & Power Rear Shade with Man SS's.

2013 X3 28i M Sport. Deep Sea Blue/Sand Beige Nevada Leather, FS Wood Trim, BMW Apps, HG Rails and GY LS All Seasons. Packages: Cold, Conv, DHP, Perform, Prem, Prem Sound and Tech.