Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Performance Center Delivery

Performance Center Delivery
Are you interested in picking up your new BMW at the Performance Delivery Center in beautiful South Carolina? Get all your questions about picking up your car answered here by staff from the Performance Delivery Center and other members who have already had the experience! ... View the PDC Wiki -- View the Delivery Date Calendar -- Add Your Delivery Date to the Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-30-2012, 07:38 PM
EnerJi EnerJi is offline
Registered User
Location: Miami Beach
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 29
Mein Auto: '02 Mustang GT
PCD Near the Holidays

Greetings; first post on Bimmerfest!


I ordered my first BMW on Friday, and it went into production today with estimated completion on November 8th! I'm doing a performance center delivery of course, and wanted to know my chances of getting an appointment right before the holidays?

I checked the shipping lines and there are ships leaving November 11th and November 14th. If I make the November 14th ship, it's scheduled to arrive in Brunswick on December 3rd.

Based on that timeline, is there any possibility that I could receive an appointment just before the holidays or will it be after the new year? If after the new year, does anyone know what days the performance center shuts down and when they would start taking appointments again?

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote
Advertisement
  #2  
Old 10-31-2012, 12:21 PM
I-Won-Today I-Won-Today is offline
'Fest Sponsor
Location: BMW Performance Center
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,188
Mein Auto: Anything with wheels
It will probably be in the new year. Earliest we'll schedule vehicles built in Europe is 8 weeks from production. Our department and the factory will be closed from December 22 until January 2.

Hope that helps give you a better idea. Hopefully I'll have a chance to say hello when you're here
__________________
Jonathan Stribble
BMW Performance Center
Product Support Specialist
Click here to visit the BMW Performance Center website.



Thanks to everyone that donated to my fundraising effort supporting the American Cancer Society.
Donations can still be made by clicking the banner below.

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-31-2012, 12:38 PM
EnerJi EnerJi is offline
Registered User
Location: Miami Beach
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 29
Mein Auto: '02 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Won-Today View Post
It will probably be in the new year. Earliest we'll schedule vehicles built in Europe is 8 weeks from production. Our department and the factory will be closed from December 22 until January 2.

Hope that helps give you a better idea. Hopefully I'll have a chance to say hello when you're here

I'm available any time December 17 - 21 for pickup, right before you close down for the holidays. Unfortunately, 8 weeks as of yesterday is 12/25/12, so if that 8 week period is strictly enforced I imagine I'll be visiting in January.

Can you confirm that my visit won't be scheduled until after my car is loaded onto a ship for transport? I think I remember reading that on this forum.

Anyway, thanks for the insight! Very glad to have a direct line of communication to folks at the performance center. I'll look forward to saying hello on the day of my visit.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-31-2012, 07:42 PM
miamiboyca's Avatar
miamiboyca miamiboyca is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Dallas, TX
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,669
Mein Auto: F10 6MT
Also, on the flip side of an ED, when do you reach out to schedule? Is it when the car arrives at Brunswick, hits the VPC or something in between?
__________________
2013 535i Space Grey, Biege, M-SPort, Premium, Tech, Cold Weather, Luxury Seating, PDC, 6MT ED-10/11/2012 - PCD Redelivery-12/14/12
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-01-2012, 06:37 AM
I-Won-Today I-Won-Today is offline
'Fest Sponsor
Location: BMW Performance Center
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,188
Mein Auto: Anything with wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnerJi View Post
I'm available any time December 17 - 21 for pickup, right before you close down for the holidays. Unfortunately, 8 weeks as of yesterday is 12/25/12, so if that 8 week period is strictly enforced I imagine I'll be visiting in January.

Can you confirm that my visit won't be scheduled until after my car is loaded onto a ship for transport? I think I remember reading that on this forum.

Anyway, thanks for the insight! Very glad to have a direct line of communication to folks at the performance center. I'll look forward to saying hello on the day of my visit.
If it is not a European Delivery vehicle, it can be scheduled anytime after it reaches Status 112 or starts production. How quickly it is scheduled will depend on when your CA submitted the reservation. We process them in the order received.

If it happens to be a South African built vehicle, we won't be able to schedule a delivery date until the vehicle arrives in the US. This is due to the inconsistency in how long it takes those vehicles to ship and arrive in the US.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiboyca View Post
Also, on the flip side of an ED, when do you reach out to schedule? Is it when the car arrives at Brunswick, hits the VPC or something in between?
Due to the inconsistency in how long it takes Customs and the VPC to process European Delivery vehicles, a re-delivery date here cannot be scheduled until after the vehicle arrives in the US and clears both Customs and the VPC. Once that happens, your CA will receive an email with the first available date we can offer. Unfortunately this means you will only get about 2 weeks notice most of the time unless you choose a later re-delivery date than the first date we have available.
__________________
Jonathan Stribble
BMW Performance Center
Product Support Specialist
Click here to visit the BMW Performance Center website.



Thanks to everyone that donated to my fundraising effort supporting the American Cancer Society.
Donations can still be made by clicking the banner below.

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-01-2012, 06:55 AM
miamiboyca's Avatar
miamiboyca miamiboyca is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Dallas, TX
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,669
Mein Auto: F10 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Won-Today View Post


Due to the inconsistency in how long it takes Customs and the VPC to process European Delivery vehicles, a re-delivery date here cannot be scheduled until after the vehicle arrives in the US and clears both Customs and the VPC. Once that happens, your CA will receive an email with the first available date we can offer. Unfortunately this means you will only get about 2 weeks notice most of the time unless you choose a later re-delivery date than the first date we have available.
Thanks Jon! Look forward to meeting you... hopefully in December
__________________
2013 535i Space Grey, Biege, M-SPort, Premium, Tech, Cold Weather, Luxury Seating, PDC, 6MT ED-10/11/2012 - PCD Redelivery-12/14/12
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-01-2012, 07:44 AM
EnerJi EnerJi is offline
Registered User
Location: Miami Beach
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 29
Mein Auto: '02 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Won-Today View Post
If it is not a European Delivery vehicle, it can be scheduled anytime after it reaches Status 112 or starts production. How quickly it is scheduled will depend on when your CA submitted the reservation. We process them in the order received.

If it happens to be a South African built vehicle, we won't be able to schedule a delivery date until the vehicle arrives in the US. This is due to the inconsistency in how long it takes those vehicles to ship and arrive in the US.
Thanks Jonathan. My CA likely didn't make the request until the beginning of this week (Friday of last week would have been the earliest he could have done so), so perhaps that explains why the first available appointment date that I received back is 1/3/13. Too bad! Still, looking forward to the experience and perhaps to meeting you as well.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Performance Center Delivery
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms