Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F36 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F36 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 10-31-2012, 07:34 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 328i
iPhone bluetooth music sometimes starts playing after car shutoff

Just picked up my 328i this past weekend and having been enjoying it quite a bit. Just have an issue with the bluetooth audio playback from my phone. I've got it connected to my iPhone 5, and there's nothing wrong with the playback. The problem is when I turn off the car. If I have some other source playing at the time, like sat radio, my phone will resume playing through its own speaker once the car is off. If I have bluetooth audio playing before shutoff, it will sometimes start playing. If I have bluetooth selected but stopped in iDrive, then it usually won't play after shutoff, but still not guaranteed. In the worst case, it'll start playback on my phone after shutoff even when I never selected bluetooth during a drive.

It's really unfortunate, since the bluetooth playback works great otherwise, but I can't really continue using it with this problem .

Last edited by Mike Y; 10-31-2012 at 07:35 PM.
Advertisement
Old 10-31-2012, 08:07 PM
Software Engineer

Mein Auto: 2013 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Y View Post
Just picked up my 328i this past weekend and having been enjoying it quite a bit. Just have an issue with the bluetooth audio playback from my phone. I've got it connected to my iPhone 5, and there's nothing wrong with the playback. The problem is when I turn off the car. If I have some other source playing at the time, like sat radio, my phone will resume playing through its own speaker once the car is off. If I have bluetooth audio playing before shutoff, it will sometimes start playing. If I have bluetooth selected but stopped in iDrive, then it usually won't play after shutoff, but still not guaranteed. In the worst case, it'll start playback on my phone after shutoff even when I never selected bluetooth during a drive.

It's really unfortunate, since the bluetooth playback works great otherwise, but I can't really continue using it with this problem .
What app are you using for playback on your iPhone? I have not experienced any of these issues with an iPhone 5 for the native music app or Spotify.

2013 335i Sport | Mineral White | Leather Dakota Everest Grey | Cold Weather Package | Driver Assistance Package | Premium Package | Technology Package | Auto high beams | Parking Assistant | 6MT

My 335i Photo Gallery
Old 10-31-2012, 08:43 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 328i
I'm using an app called Melodies, it's for playing music from Google Music. I don't have any music in iTunes, but I've got Pandora, so I'll try that to see if it still happens.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:11 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 328i F30
I generally use TuneIn radio app to listen via Bluetooth one particular radio station, and I don't have these issues. But if I use the specific app from the radio station (TalkSport) I do get this issue of the phone playing after I leave the car. So I think your issue is related to the app.