Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 1 Series / 2 Series > E82 / E88 1 Series (2008 - 2013)

E82 / E88 1 Series (2008 - 2013)
BMWs throw back to the iconic 2002, with a renewed form and function. The smallest car in BMW's line up but still packs a punch. Available in coupe or convertible, powered by either an inline 6 in the 128 or the twin turbo rocket sled 135.

Old 10-12-2012, 07:22 AM

Mein Auto: 135i convertible
2011 135iC bluetooth microphone

Hi all - I have a 2011 135i convertible and the bluetooth microphone has never worked well. I can hear the other end crystal clear through the speakers but people tell me I sound like I'm in a tunnel and the sound is muffled. Dealer blamed my blackberry, so I sucked it up for a year. Now I have a new Droid 4 and have the same issue. Brought it to a different dealer, and they replaced the microphone but told me that the issue is in the design on the 135 conv and there isn't anything they can do. My brother-in-law has a convertible Toyota (!!) and my sister says his phone calls are flawless but she can't hear me. I find many complaints on various models but I don't see a solution. What do I do next? Try yet another dealership? Is the problem inherent in the design or is there an issue with my car?
Advertisement
Old 10-13-2012, 02:20 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 335i, 2011 135i vert
I also have a 2011 135 convertible but everyone has told me they can hear me very clearly. I have an iPhone 4.
Old 10-13-2012, 11:16 PM

Mein Auto: 135i convertible
Thanks for the reply -- I'll borrow one and try it out to see if that changes anything. I'll be surprised if it does.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:07 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2002tii, 540iA, Z4M Rdstr
The BMW bluetooth system seems to not have sufficient noise cancellation technology for a convertible. The system in my M Roadster elicits similar disdain from those on the other end of a phone call. By contrast, the system in my 128i works beautifully even with the windows down.

I'd suggest giving Halston at Bavarian Soundwerks a call for some advice on the retrofit microphone possibilities.