Share your DIY projects or ask questions about how to fix something on your own. Help fellow Bimmerfest members improve your wrench turning skills! All BMW DIY tips, tales, and projects discussed inside. Learn to work on your car and know the right BMW parts you will need!
||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Complete DIY's on starting, charging, engines, trannys, etc.
How's it going guys. Here are some completed DIYs that you guys might find helpful. The repair info isn't model specific but does give you a general idea of how certain parts work. Let me know if you guys see any errors.
- Anti Lock Brake Safety Information (ABS)
- Air Conditioning Troubleshooting - No cool air, noisy AC, etc
- Ball join check
- Brake System Troubleshoot - screeching noise, dragging brakes, etc
- Break-in procedure for new engines
- Camshafts - removal, cleaning, inspection and installation
- Charging System - No start, Noisy alternator, fuses burn out quickly, battery not charged
- Clutch Troubleshoot - chattering, rattling, slipping, stiff pedal, and more
- Cooling System - overheating, low coolant, refilling, flushing, and more
- Crankshaft and Main Bearings - removal, cleaning and inspection, installation and more
- Cylinder Head Overhaul - removal, cleaning, inspection and installation
- Drive Axle - Clunk Noises, Gear noises, vibration, and more
- FF Axle Shafts and CV Joint Troubleshooting
- RWD Drive Axle Troubleshoot - clunking noises, vibration and more
- Troubleshoot hard starting, rough idle, slow acceleration, Misfire, poor gas mileage, etc.
- Electrostatic Discharge (ESD)
- Emissions Inspection - PCV, TAC, Evap, Catalytic Converter, EGR and more
- Engine Services - bead blasting, cold tank, steam cleaning,
- Engine Damage Inspection - Magnaflux, Zyglo, Dye Check, Ultrasonic, X-ray
- Engine Overhaul - cleaning, cylinder head, pistons, rods, crankshaft and more
- Engine Troubleshoot - rough idle, hesitation, backfire, detonation, low oil pressure and more
- Fuel System Troubleshooting - Hard starting or no-start, ping on acceleration and more
- Heater System Troubleshoot - Low or no heat, blower not working and more
- Troubleshoot ignition system, no-start, engine runs rough, etc.
- Proper vehicle jacking and wheel removal procedures
- Manual Transmission Repair - Troubleshooting noisy gears, gears clashing, hard shifting, etc
- OIL PUMP - Rotor and Gear type
- Parasitic Load Explanation and Test Procedures
- Pistons, Connecting Rods and Bearings - removal, cleaning, inspection
- Power Steering Troubleshooting
- Safety in the Garage
- Spark Plugs - troubleshooting, carbon deposits, electrodes, etc.
- Starter Troubleshooting - no start, no clicks from solenoid, etc.
- MANUAL STEERING GEAR TROUBLESHOOTING
- Suspension alignment troubleshoot - tire wear, odd suspension noises, etc.
- Tie rod test
- Timing Chain and Belts - tension adjustment, gear backlash, runout, etc.
- Undercarriage Quick test - this finds loose suspension parts that need replacement.
- Warped Rotors - this test helps determine if your rotors are warped.
- Wheel Alignment Operations - camber, caster, toe, steering axes and more
- Wheel Bearing Quick Test
|See More Related BMW Stories|
|automotive, diy, garage411.com, repair, troubleshooting|
|Today's Posts Search|