Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)

X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
E70 BMW X5 produced between 2007 and 2013. Discuss the E70 X5 with other BMW owners here.

Old 11-01-2012, 07:34 PM

Mein Auto: 550i
To much maintanance???

I am looking into buying a 2009 X5 and I found a nice one but when I checked its Carfax report it shows that the previous owner took it to the dealer every 3000 miles... my previous experience with a BMW was more like a visit every 10-15K miles... Is that a sign that there is something wrong with it? Or just a great first owner?

Here is the Carfax:
http://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory...&partner=COO_0

Thanks,
Advertisement
Old 11-01-2012, 08:33 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 98 M Roadster

Last edited by TxnBluDvl; 11-01-2012 at 08:57 PM.
Old 11-01-2012, 08:54 PM
Resident Curmudgeon

Mein Auto: '12 X5 35d/E39M5/996TTX50
You have absolutely NO idea what is going on... the above post "paying for 3k oil changes" is ludicrous, especially for a lease.

To me this looks like a problem car that ultimately was dumped at auction then to a series of dealers. Moved from New York to the midwest...

Have you searched that vin on google... lots and lots of hits. If this is at Chicago Motor Cars, be VERY careful- the principal there, Parin if I recall, has pulled some stuff.

Call the original dealer, get a service advisor- see if he will tell you anything. Be nice. If they cannot, simply say this- 'as one guy to another, without giving away anything proprietary or confidential, coudl you simply give me a yes or no if I ask "should I buy this car". go from there.

Anyway, the kiss of death for me is a great car going to auction and not being picked up by a BMW dealer- RED FLAG

A
Old 11-02-2012, 05:18 AM

Mein Auto: 550i
Thank you ARD. I think that you are absolutely right. Looking a little closer at the car pictures I saw that the picture that shows the navigation screen has a warning on it!!! It says "Engine malfunction! Reduced Power" it is clearly a problem child...

Here is the link to the pictures
http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...ff=national#16

Too bad because it has all the optionals that I want... Sport package, M package, rear DVD and 3rd row seats.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:15 PM

Mein Auto: German
OP, run from the car. Gorgeous wheels though!
Old 11-02-2012, 02:59 PM

Mein Auto: X5
I'd never buy a used vehicle like X5 from NY/NJ unless I knew everything about it or at least it had still plenty of original warranty left. Speaking from knowledge and experience.
Old 11-03-2012, 04:55 PM
BMW CCA Member

Mein Auto: 10' 328i Cp;12' X5 35d
Ask the CA for a VMI. The tale of the whale is in the trail.

2010 328i M Sport Package, BMW Performance Exhaust & Short Shift Kit.
Old 11-03-2012, 05:32 PM
Don't be a hammer

Mein Auto: '12 X5 35d
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairfieldsBMW View Post
Thank you ARD. I think that you are absolutely right. Looking a little closer at the car pictures I saw that the picture that shows the navigation screen has a warning on it!!! It says "Engine malfunction! Reduced Power" it is clearly a problem child...

Here is the link to the pictures
http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...ff=national#16

Too bad because it has all the optionals that I want... Sport package, M package, rear DVD and 3rd row seats.
How stupid can they be posting a picture of the nav with that engine warning on it lol! absolutely incredible.