Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation BMW 3 Series Sedan F30/F31/F34 and the first first generation 4 Series Coupe F32/F33/F36. Get the latest 3 and 4 series pricing from our ordering and pricing guide sticky thread.

Old 04-20-2015, 01:56 PM
it has arrived!

Mein Auto: 2013 bmw 328i xdrive seda
Used BMW pull ahead saturday, billed for rest of lease today!

I took advantage of the Pull Ahead program on Saturday April 18th. Left same day with a new BMW. Today I received a bill from BMWFS. They want me to pay this months lease payment ( that was already done I am up to date with about a week or so left, so it was an "early" early return. On top of that they want me to the last 4 months on my lease. Then as a zinger they want me to pay a disposition fee even though I started another lease as part of the BMW offer. So much for being pleased with my experience. Tried calling my local BMW. Every person from CA, to sales manager , to Finance guy were unavailable. MY blood is boiling and my face is as red as an apple. Someone from my deal is supposed to call back.
I am sure it will work out but my dog is actually as sick as a dog. Pooping all over Took her to the vet. I really did not need this EXTRA ****.
Old 04-20-2015, 02:04 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: F30 335i mSport
It's all good bro. Some mistake was made. BMW will make it right. If you did the deal friday, its probably not even updated in their systems yet.
Old 04-20-2015, 02:19 PM
it has arrived!

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
It's all good bro. Some mistake was made. BMW will make it right. If you did the deal friday, its probably not even updated in their systems yet.
I understand. It is annoying. BMW is aware I turned in , and what day I did, yet they have no clue I leased another,and they did not know I used the Pull Ahead Program. The icing on the cake... they billed me again for this month . I checked BMWUSA site and it shows it was received. I guess I am already in a mood from my dog being sick. She has a fever and I have to take her temperature a few times a day. You can guess where I have to go for that.
Old 04-20-2015, 02:37 PM

damn. good luck with your dog. i know what its like to take care of a sick dog.
Old 04-20-2015, 02:55 PM
Flying monkey herder

Mein Auto: Daihatsu Terrios
it sounds like your dealer may be behind on some of your paperwork, they need to sort this out with bmwfs. just let them handle it and sit back.
Past: 2010 335xi ZMP/ZCW/ZPP/PPK/PE
Present: 2013 335i 6MT ZMM/ZDH/ZTP/3AG/494/508
Current Homeland Threat Level:
Old 04-20-2015, 04:22 PM
it has arrived!

Quote:
damn. good luck with your dog. i know what its like to take care of a sick dog.
Thanks Justin. She was at a place that does boarding and has "doggy daycare". The daycare is advertised as a playgroup for dogs. We dropped her off in the morning and picked her up in the evening It seemed like a good idea because or dog doesn't get to run and play with any other dogs. About 4 days after we picked her up she started getting sick.
Old 04-20-2015, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykatie View Post
Thanks Justin. She was at a place that does boarding and has "doggy daycare". The daycare is advertised as a playgroup for dogs. We dropped her off in the morning and picked her up in the evening It seemed like a good idea because or dog doesn't get to run and play with any other dogs. About 4 days after we picked her up she started getting sick.
damn, sounds like she caught something from another dog. My poodle has seizures, so i got to keep an eye on her. Got a dropcam for my house and it does a nice job of allowing me to see her and it has cloud recording.
Old 04-20-2015, 05:05 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 BMW 328i M Sport
Sounds like today just isn't your day. I hope the pup gets better soon, and the BMWFS and your dealer work out the issues it sounds like one or both of them caused.

2014 328i Sedan, Estoril Blue, M-Sport package, M-Sport Brakes, Premium Package, Lighting Package, Drivers Assistance Package, Nav
Old 04-20-2015, 09:34 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 BMW 328i XDrive
Quote:
I took advantage of the Pull Ahead program on Saturday April 18th. Left same day with a new BMW. Today I received a bill from BMWFS. They want me to pay this months lease payment ( that was already done I am up to date with about a week or so left, so it was an "early" early return. On top of that they want me to the last 4 months on my lease. Then as a zinger they want me to pay a disposition fee even though I started another lease as part of the BMW offer. So much for being pleased with my experience. Tried calling my local BMW. Every person from CA, to sales manager , to Finance guy were unavailable. MY blood is boiling and my face is as red as an apple. Someone from my deal is supposed to call back.
I am sure it will work out but my dog is actually as sick as a dog. Pooping all over Took her to the vet. I really did not need this EXTRA ****.
Sorry to hear about your dog. Can't be fun for the poor thing or you.

As for the BMWFS thing, it took my dealer a week to submit the paperwork for my car to BMW Canada. What is strange though is how quickly they became aware of your lease return. Must be two different departments handling new leases/transfers and lease terminations.
Old 04-20-2015, 11:03 PM

Mein Auto: '13 F10 535i (loaner)
Quote:
Stay cool. My experience with BMW Finance has been nothing but the best. As said in here, I'm sure it's a matter of 'paper work' catch-up. You've taken advantage of a 'legit' BMW program...don't worry.
E46 M3 6MT
E39 528i 5MT
MBz W140 S320
MBz W124 300E (slammed)
(unmentionables in between)
'71 AMC Javelin (4-Spd Stick on the floor)
'67 Pontiac Firebird 'cabrio' (1st car - "the leaker")
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Member: BMW CCA
Old 04-21-2015, 01:36 AM
Test... 1, 2 ,3

Mein Auto: 2015 320i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polite Canuck View Post
Sorry to hear about your dog. Can't be fun for the poor thing or you.

As for the BMWFS thing, it took my dealer a week to submit the paperwork for my car to BMW Canada. What is strange though is how quickly they became aware of your lease return. Must be two different departments handling new leases/transfers and lease terminations.
Exactly... so they know that the car was turned in and want right away the rest of the payments plus the disposition fee but they do not "know" the rest of the story.

It is very understandable to get mad when you realize that they know only what is convenient for them.
Old 04-21-2015, 08:45 AM

Mein Auto: bimmer
My guess is BMWFS needs to transfer funds among their bank accounts to properly unroll the early lease return and then fund the new lease, and the movement of funds/money probably is not as optimal as customers would prefer.
Old 04-21-2015, 09:19 AM
it has arrived!

I understand but for such a well oiled machine, can't they check in house before they burst the customer's bubble?
Old 04-21-2015, 10:31 AM
Road or Beach

Mein Auto: 2015 428i conv
Pretty odd unless the CA screwed up. When I did mine everything had to come together prior to going into finance and signing the papers. So they checked the lease status, inspected the car, gave me the inspection verification and closed the lease. Then we we transacted the new lease. The only hiccup was the loyalty credit did not show up until later. I've done the 3mos pull ahead about 3 times and this time it was the 6mos pull ahead all of them went off just fine.

What I will say is BMWFS does not give you any leeway. In my first lease I did not know about the 3 mos pull ahead and after calculating mileage I looked to be over and bought some miles. Then I did the 3 mos pull ahead and I was under mileage w/o what I purchased. The miles I bought just went into BMWFS pocket. They gave me no credit, my CA tried but they would not budge even though I bought the miles just few weeks earlier. Now if I need to add miles I wait until the last possible moment to make sure they don't have a program pop up that would make it unnecessary.

Last edited by fl_cyclist; 04-21-2015 at 10:36 AM.
Old 04-21-2015, 10:59 AM

Mein Auto: 335xi M sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by fl_cyclist View Post
Pretty odd unless the CA screwed up. When I did mine everything had to come together prior to going into finance and signing the papers. So they checked the lease status, inspected the car, gave me the inspection verification and closed the lease. Then we we transacted the new lease. The only hiccup was the loyalty credit did not show up until later. I've done the 3mos pull ahead about 3 times and this time it was the 6mos pull ahead all of them went off just fine.

What I will say is BMWFS does not give you any leeway. In my first lease I did not know about the 3 mos pull ahead and after calculating mileage I looked to be over and bought some miles. Then I did the 3 mos pull ahead and I was under mileage w/o what I purchased. The miles I bought just went into BMWFS pocket. They gave me no credit, my CA tried but they would not budge even though I bought the miles just few weeks earlier. Now if I need to add miles I wait until the last possible moment to make sure they don't have a program pop up that would make it unnecessary.
Bummer. BMW took care of all of the details of my pull forward flawlessly. Ate the 6 payments. No mileage charge, no charge for the bent rims or the wear and tear. Took care of the half price wheel and tire insurance deal as advertised. Credited me back for the $750 insurance by reducing my first 3 payments just as the dealer said.

2015 335xi M sport manual Dinan Stage 2, Dinan forced air kit, Dinan coils, 405M forged wheels, MSS
Old 04-21-2015, 11:14 AM
it has arrived!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikwynn View Post
Bummer. BMW took care of all of the details of my pull forward flawlessly. Ate the 6 payments. No mileage charge, no charge for the bent rims or the wear and tear. Took care of the half price wheel and tire insurance deal as advertised. Credited me back for the $750 insurance by reducing my first 3 payments just as the dealer said.
I am not sure what that insurance credit is?
Old 04-21-2015, 11:18 AM

Quote:
whoa, what do you mean took care of the wheel and tire insurance plan???

Is there a way to get a prorated portion of that back?

I have the tire plan on my current 335
Old 04-21-2015, 11:25 AM

Quote:
whoa, what do you mean took care of the wheel and tire insurance plan???

Is there a way to get a prorated portion of that back?

I have the tire plan on my current 335
Maybe it is in reference to 50% off MSRP of wheel+tire insurance on new lease?
Old 04-21-2015, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by namelessman View Post
Maybe it is in reference to 50% off MSRP of wheel+tire insurance on new lease?
probably, thought there is a way to get a prorated portion back, tho i guess since it is leased, i just wont pay the last 5 payments
Old 04-21-2015, 12:55 PM
it has arrived!

Quote:
If there was already a good deal in place, where do they find room to eat well over $1,000? I hear great deals like this and wonder how these dealerships stay in business.
Old 04-21-2015, 02:55 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 BMW 335i
Quote:
If there was already a good deal in place, where do they find room to eat well over $1,000? I hear great deals like this and wonder how these dealerships stay in business.
Well bmwna is eating the money, not the dealership.

Old 04-21-2015, 03:18 PM
it has arrived!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagill10 View Post
Well bmwna is eating the money, not the dealership.
I completely understand that (Actually BMWFS on the lease portion), but in the case of the damage to car BMWFS will collect any fees that were assessed by the inspector upon return. If person leasing is not paying it the dealer is, no?

Last edited by Mykatie; 04-21-2015 at 03:22 PM.
Old 04-21-2015, 04:01 PM

Quote:
As far as 6 months of pull ahead, my understanding is that the amount of depreciation paid in the first 30 months does align with the 30-month residuals from BMWFS. In other words, by returning the lease 6 months early, BMWFS also gets a car with more residuals than at 36-month lease end. BMWFS cannot pull ahead more than 6 months as the amount of depreciation paid by lessee is not enough.

Others are probably correct that the dealers do not lose money in such deals.
Old 04-21-2015, 04:06 PM

Quote:
I completely understand that (Actually BMWFS on the lease portion), but in the case of the damage to car BMWFS will collect any fees that were assessed by the inspector upon return. If person leasing is not paying it the dealer is, no?
It depends on how much is made on the new lease, e.g. if 50% off is on a $5k tire and wheel insurance that is still lots of profits to cover the lease return. Or the new lease may have markups on MF and bank fees.
Old 04-21-2015, 04:52 PM
it has arrived!

Quote:
Originally Posted by namelessman View Post
It depends on how much is made on the new lease, e.g. if 50% off is on a $5k tire and wheel insurance that is still lots of profits to cover the lease return. Or the new lease may have markups on MF and bank fees.
Isn't the MF standard and set by BMWFS? If it's marked up it's all on the dealers end and not a great deal, so I can see the room for some give back.