Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 01-09-2013, 12:12 PM
BMW Platinum Visa® Member

Mein Auto: BMW L328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by amandeep18feb View Post
BJ what is your say???

I am Confused between

(BMW All Weather Floor Mats)
http://www.shopbmwusa.com/ProductDet...ProductId=3778

and

(BMW All Weather Floor Liners)
http://www.shopbmwusa.com/ProductDet...ProductId=3890
These are the All Weather Floor Mats:

These are the All Weather Floor Liners:

I own the Floor Mats and I find them to be comfortable under my feet (softer rubber than hard-plastic liners) and do the job very well. The Floor Liners are for very hardcore environments like deep snow, heavy mud, etc. and apparently have a one-piece rear design that goes over the transmission hump, not sure how good that will look.

It's personal preference, but I have always had good success with the Floor Mats and that's what I have now. If you don't live in a very snowy region and/or don't work in a mud-related industry, I'd choose the mats over the liners, personally.

BJ

2013 BMW L328i Luxury Sedan | Premium Package | Technology Package | Lighting Package | Steptronic® | PDC | Apps
Mineral Grey Metallic | Saddle Leather | Anthracite | Camera | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House | Status Package®
Old 01-09-2013, 12:14 PM
BimmerBoy

Send a message via Skype™ to amandeep18feb
Mein Auto: BMW 328i 2013 - Sports
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
These are the All Weather Floor Mats:

I own the Floor Mats and I find them to be comfortable under my feet (softer rubber than hard-plastic liners) and do the job very well. The Floor Liners are for very hardcore environments like deep snow, heavy mud, etc. and apparently have a one-piece rear design that goes over the transmission hump, not sure how good that will look.

It's personal preference, but I have always had good success with the Floor Mats and that's what I have now. If you don't live in a very snowy region and/or don't work in a mud-related industry, I'd choose the mats over the liners, personally.

BJ
Thanks..
I might ask my dealer to give me floor mats instead of floor liners and since they are a lot cheaper than liners I will ask him to give me mud flaps as well
Old 01-09-2013, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Thanks..
I might ask my dealer to give me floor mats instead of floor liners and since they are a lot cheaper than liners I will ask him to give me mud flaps as well
LOL, go for it.

The Floor Liners are a deep-dish for supreme protection. In a car like the F30, probably overkill unless you use the car at muddy building worksites or a ski resort. If you're in Washington state, you deal with a lot of rain, so up to you.

BJ

2013 BMW L328i Luxury Sedan | Premium Package | Technology Package | Lighting Package | Steptronic® | PDC | Apps
Mineral Grey Metallic | Saddle Leather | Anthracite | Camera | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House | Status Package®
Old 01-09-2013, 12:25 PM
BimmerBoy

Quote:
LOL, go for it.

The Floor Liners are a deep-dish for supreme protection. In a car like the F30, probably overkill unless you use the car at muddy building worksites or a ski resort. If you're in Washington state, you deal with a lot of rain, so up to you.

BJ
I am also inclined towards mat since I have got the sports Line, The floor mats for sports line have the red piping.. I find it cool
Old 01-09-2013, 12:33 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 328i Luxury
Quote:
Confused between

(BMW All Weather Floor Mats)

and

(BMW All Weather Floor Liners)

My dealer said, I can have anyone of these for free..
Your advice will be valuable
I have the BMW floor liners, the lips wrapping up the sides were important to me. After two months they still look great. From the pictures they seem comparable to the weather tech digi mats, anyway no issues with discoloration or anything like that. Btw I ordered the BMW ones instead of the weathertech ones only because they came out first. Have a weathertech trunk liner and it is great too.

Last edited by loosenit2; 01-09-2013 at 12:36 PM.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:37 PM
BimmerBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by loosenit2 View Post
I have the BMW floor liners, the lips wrapping up the sides were important to me. After two months they still look great. From the pictures they seem comparable to the weather tech digi mats, anyway no issues with discoloration or anything like that. Btw I ordered the BMW ones instead of the weathertech ones only because they came out first. Have a weathertech trunk liner and it is great too.
Hello,
Do you have any pics?
Old 01-09-2013, 01:47 PM

Quote:
I am also inclined towards mat since I have got the sports Line, The floor mats for sports line have the red piping.. I find it cool
Then, yes, do it. Do it today. Get the All Weather Mats with the red piping as it's enough, you don't need the Liners where you live.

BJ

Old 01-09-2013, 02:04 PM
BimmerBoy

Quote:
Then, yes, do it. Do it today. Get the All Weather Mats with the red piping as it's enough, you don't need the Liners where you live.

BJ
I am so excited. My car status shows that its with the dealer
This is my first ever car.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:08 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: a car
Quote:
I am so excited. My car status shows that its with the dealer
This is my first ever car.
Congrats!

This will be my second car ever. You said it took 8+ weeks from order to arrival? How long did it take from order to entering production? Mine still shows it hasn't even entered production yet and I ordered it on 12/26/12..
Old 01-09-2013, 02:19 PM
BimmerBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkapdolee View Post
Congrats!

This will be my second car ever. You said it took 8+ weeks from order to arrival? How long did it take from order to entering production? Mine still shows it hasn't even entered production yet and I ordered it on 12/26/12..
2 weeks approx
Old 02-11-2013, 06:33 PM

Mein Auto: 328i Xdrive 2013-F30
Hi, i m new here and first ever owning a BMW, so yeah i m a newb.

Still deciding btwn WT or OEM. Found a good deal floor mat OEM (front n rear) on ebay. But since i m living in new england, i guess i need a heavy duty one.

The floor liner is still not available for F30 328i xdrive on the bmw website.

Quote:

BJ
WT digitalfit is really good but 80$ more than OEM (ship+etc). Have anybody tried the WT liner? i wonder if i should get the trunk mat from WT or OEM.
OEM trunk mat look nice and somebody said WT trunk mat do not snug well. Does anybody have experience with it?

thanks
Old 02-12-2013, 06:37 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 328xi Sport
got my OEM floor mats for free when I took delivery. couldn't be happier. i'll probably wash and store them away in april and use the cheap free mats all summer. not sure how long the all weather mats will hold up. maybe people are exaggerating?
Old 02-12-2013, 06:50 AM

Mein Auto: F30 328i
I have OEM mats.. perfect fit, look good. I can't think of any cons. After all they are just floor mats that cost $100, probably the least expensive part of your car... can't go wrong.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:21 AM

Send a message via AIM to vern
Mein Auto: 01 330ci 05 530i 06 X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinipirate View Post
got my OEM floor mats for free when I took delivery. couldn't be happier. i'll probably wash and store them away in april and use the cheap free mats all summer. not sure how long the all weather mats will hold up. maybe people are exaggerating?
I have OEM mats in both my cars and they hold up very well. In the MY 2006 X3 since new and don't show any signs of wear. There in from Nov.- April every year Always went with OEM in all the BMW's I've own and were always free from the dealer. Good luck
cheers
vern
2012 335iA Blk. Sapphire- Sport-Blk. Dakota Leather/Red-Brushed Alum.Trim-DAP-PP-CWP Rear View Camera-BMW Asst w/Enhanced BT&USB-High Gloss Blk.Trim Hghight-PSP-Speed Limit Info-Tech. Pkg-PDC-Rear Manual Sun Shades-SAT-Variable Sport Steering-Wheel Locks- Rubber Mats-Euro Del 5/14/12-Redelivery 7/16/12 2006 X3 3.0iA 4/6 Silver Gray Metallic-Black Leather-Nav-PP-SP-Xenon Headlights-PDC-Heated Front Seats-Privacy Glass-Servotronic Steering-Premium Sound System-R R R- Wheel Locks- Rubber Mats
Old 02-12-2013, 07:36 AM

Mein Auto: '13 f30 n26
i have WT digital fit liners front & back (back is 2-piece, not 1-piece that goes over the hump) and the cargo liner

fronts are okay, but kinda short, wish they were a little longer at the base.. but where your feet go, its good.. you'll still get crap on the carpet, so you have to take em out from time to time and clean up the area.. still better than weather mats imo

backs are nice, nothing to write home about.. they fit perfectly

cargo liner fits snug.. only draw back i found is that since i actually use that little storage compartment underneath.. so it's a PITA to keep lifting up the liner every time i need to access it.. if you don't use that storage, you won't have much problems.. it's nice although a bit pricey

i tried to have the stealership throw in some free mats upon delivery, but they told me that they didn't have any at the moment.. i probably would've ended up buying liners over mats anyway
Old 02-12-2013, 07:47 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 328d MSport
Quote:
Originally Posted by finaloption View Post
i have WT digital fit liners front & back (back is 2-piece, not 1-piece that goes over the hump) and the cargo liner

fronts are okay, but kinda short, wish they were a little longer at the base.. but where your feet go, its good.. you'll still get crap on the carpet, so you have to take em out from time to time and clean up the area.. still better than weather mats imo

backs are nice, nothing to write home about.. they fit perfectly

cargo liner fits snug.. only draw back i found is that since i actually use that little storage compartment underneath.. so it's a PITA to keep lifting up the liner every time i need to access it.. if you don't use that storage, you won't have much problems.. it's nice although a bit pricey

i tried to have the stealership throw in some free mats upon delivery, but they told me that they didn't have any at the moment.. i probably would've ended up buying liners over mats anyway
I second this...I upgraded to the WeatherTech mats in front and they are a nice "deep dish" design but could extend further up the firewall. I am moving to Chicago from SoCal so I wanted something that would catch the mud/snow/salt/etc... during the winters and they should do better than the OEM rubber mats (I had these too). One thing I noticed is that the Weathertech mats feel like they may have changed the rubber material to be a little softer than previous versions I've had. I had the WT mats on a previous car and the material was harder and my feet tended to slide around on them compared to the new ones. Needless to say, I'm happy with the purchase.

2014 328d M-Sport ED: 5/2/2014
2013 F30 Activehybrid3 MSport (Gone)
2012 F30 328i Sportline (Gone)
Old 02-12-2013, 11:57 AM

Mein Auto: 13 335i M Sp, 13 SubBRZ
WT is the best. Stock weather mats suck. WT is expensive and I'm not a fan of the owner sticking his mug on every WT ad in the car mags but their stuff is the best.

They won't wear out, fade, and with the big lip all the slush stays put.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by everettpa1 View Post
WT is the best. Stock weather mats suck. .

The stock weather mats do not suck.

Especially the F30 mats which are upgrades over the old E90 mats, have a very-tight custom fit and a lip that runs up 1/2 an inch all around. I've just survived Hurricane Sandy's mud and Blizzard Nemo's show and my carpets are untouched, as if there never was a storm.

BJ

Old 02-13-2013, 05:19 AM

Send a message via AIM to vern
Mein Auto: 01 330ci 05 530i 06 X3
Thumbs up

Quote:

The stock weather mats do not suck.

Especially the F30 mats which are upgrades over the old E90 mats, have a very-tight custom fit and a lip that runs up 1/2 an inch all around. I've just survived Hurricane Sandy's mud and Blizzard Nemo's show and my carpets are untouched, as if there never was a storm.

BJ
+1 Some people just don't get it.
cheers
vern
2012 335iA Blk. Sapphire- Sport-Blk. Dakota Leather/Red-Brushed Alum.Trim-DAP-PP-CWP Rear View Camera-BMW Asst w/Enhanced BT&USB-High Gloss Blk.Trim Hghight-PSP-Speed Limit Info-Tech. Pkg-PDC-Rear Manual Sun Shades-SAT-Variable Sport Steering-Wheel Locks- Rubber Mats-Euro Del 5/14/12-Redelivery 7/16/12 2006 X3 3.0iA 4/6 Silver Gray Metallic-Black Leather-Nav-PP-SP-Xenon Headlights-PDC-Heated Front Seats-Privacy Glass-Servotronic Steering-Premium Sound System-R R R- Wheel Locks- Rubber Mats
Old 02-13-2013, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vern View Post
+1 Some people just don't get it.
cheers
vern
There are heavier/thicker options out there, but to say that BMW mats 'suck' is ridiculous. Not sure where these people come from, if they've ever even experienced the very products they're talking about.

BJ

Old 02-13-2013, 08:07 AM
I probably dislike you...

Mein Auto: 2013 328i Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by everettpa1 View Post
Stock weather mats suck.
100% false. I put in the BMW mats this Christmas and could not be happier. Perfect fit, and while visiting friends in Maine during Nemo (they received over 2 feet of snow) they performed their job very well. I am considering keeping them in year round. So easy to clean and they look good in the car.
2002 325xi (Retired, very much missed)
Old 03-04-2013, 02:53 PM

Mein Auto: Car
I'd go with Weathertech for the trunk: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...t=#post6902589

And BMW all weather floor mats for the front. Try and negotiate with the dealer to get them at a discount: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...t=#post6890205
Old 03-04-2013, 05:15 PM
///M Sport

Mein Auto: 2013 328i EBII M Sport
Love my BMW all weather mats!

2013 Estoril Blue 328i M Sport: Premium, Technology, & Lighting PKG, HK Audio, PDC >Backup Camera, Paddle Shifters, Heated Leather Sport Seats
Old 03-04-2013, 05:24 PM

Mein Auto: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by samualcc View Post
100% false. I put in the BMW mats this Christmas and could not be happier. Perfect fit, and while visiting friends in Maine during Nemo (they received over 2 feet of snow) they performed their job very well. I am considering keeping them in year round. So easy to clean and they look good in the car.
I agree on the cleaning. I like to use Meguiar's Quik Interior Detailer Cleaner for my all weather mats. Makes them nice and shiny and does a great job.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:02 PM
IntarWeb Stalker

Mein Auto: 2013 335xi M-Sport
Weather tech matts are great. I love them. Had it for front seats, back seats, and trunk. For my new ride i will be getting it for my trunk. They are easier to clean then regular matts. Yea they dont have BMW logo, but meh, when driving i am not looking at my feet - hopefully you aren't either

Because I can.
-
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwinter View Post
I agree with furby
Quote:
Originally Posted by guerilla twang View Post
Hahahaha, I like you furb, you like to live dangerously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorCook View Post
I started to google to find a picture to match furby's suggestion to Gia, but it quickly became clear it was an inappropriate search to conduct at work.