Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 11-02-2012, 08:12 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 E90 328i
Angel Eyes Questions on E90 LCI

Hi, I'm new to bimmerfest so I apologize for any unspoken-rules that I break in writing this post. Anywho, about five months ago I picked up an 2010 328i (LCI) used with low mileage. I'm fairly certain the car is stock, and I want to change that a bit. Lacking the cash to upgrade the exhaust I'm thinking of upgrading my angel eyes with Lux LCI halogens (from my understanding, I can't get the H8 LED's without replacing the halogens with Xenon's correct?).

The questions I have so far:
1. What's the main difference I'll see between the white halogens and the H8 LEDs?

2. Does anyone have experience with the Lux E90 LCI halogens? Are they worth the $175 or is there a better product for my situation?

3. How can I figure out if my angel eyes are stock/halogen? Like I said, I got the car used and while I'm fairly certain the angel eyes are halogen and stock, how can I be sure? One thing that throws me off is that the current angel eyes, while not purely white, are a white-ish yellow tint. I'll post pictures if that helps.

Thanks for the help, and once again I apologize for being so green.
Ads by Google
Old 11-03-2012, 12:05 AM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Congrats on your car and welcome to the 'fest. If your coronas/"angel eyes" are whitish/yellow then they are almost certainly stock. The H8 LEDs will produce a bright, virtually pure white light. The difference will be noticeable.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

BMW CCA member #388003 - www.bmwcca.org Use me as a referral, you could win a one day ///M Driving School!
Old 11-03-2012, 07:33 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 535xi 2013 X3 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by CutCopy View Post
One thing that throws me off is that the current angel eyes, while not purely white, are a white-ish yellow tint. I'll post pictures if that helps.
Its possible that the last owner switch to the blue tint halogen bulbs.
Old 11-03-2012, 02:47 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 E90 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
Congrats on your car and welcome to the 'fest. If your coronas/"angel eyes" are whitish/yellow then they are almost certainly stock. The H8 LEDs will produce a bright, virtually pure white light. The difference will be noticeable.
Thanks! Do you know if I need xenon's to upgrade to the H8 LED? Or should I just upgrade to the white halogens?
Old 08-02-2013, 02:00 PM

Mein Auto: BMW
Hi, I am new to bimmerfest as well. I also have a 2010 328 (LCI) I currently have the stock lights but I want to upgrade it to a brighter white I was looking on LUX angel eyes as well and I am trying to figure out if I just need a bulb or the entire unit that they are providing on the site.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:14 AM
info@e92-lighting.com

Send a message via AIM to E92-Lighting Send a message via MSN to E92-Lighting Send a message via Yahoo to E92-Lighting Send a message via Skype™ to E92-Lighting
Mein Auto: 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinianj View Post
Hi, I am new to bimmerfest as well. I also have a 2010 328 (LCI) I currently have the stock lights but I want to upgrade it to a brighter white I was looking on LUX angel eyes as well and I am trying to figure out if I just need a bulb or the entire unit that they are providing on the site.
the E90 LCI 2009+ has two different lighting options, one is for halogen headlights, which uses H10W for angel eyes.

http://www.e92-lighting.com/products...V1-1211-0.html

and xenon adaptive headlights, which uses H8 LED for angel eyes.

http://www.e92-lighting.com/products...4W-1437-0.html

BMW CREE LED ANGEL EYES ALL BMW MODELS MTEC V3 V4 DTEC V6 V7 V8 V9 V10 NO ERROR
BMW ACCESSORIES and PARTS
BMW LED INTERIOR KITS
please PM/Email us for member discount/combo pricing
info@e92-lighting.com "e90post5" for 5% off as the promo code