Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008 - 2014)

E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008 - 2014)
4th generation E90 M3 sedan, E92 M3 coupe and E93 M3 convertible. The last of the naturally aspirated M3s, powered by a 4.0 liter V8 making 414hp and 295 lb-ft of torque.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-31-2012, 05:54 PM
xgetxemx20x xgetxemx20x is offline
Registered User
Location: Illinois
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 21
Mein Auto: In process of looking
coming soon?

Will the M3 be receiving the HUD (heads up display) anytime soon? Also will they bring back the sedan M3 and I also heard from a friend who said he heard that they may be adding AWD to the m series such as the M3 Is any of that happening or is true?
Reply With Quote
Advertisement
  #2  
Old 11-01-2012, 12:28 AM
coldintake coldintake is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: CA
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 244
Mein Auto: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by xgetxemx20x View Post
Will the M3 be receiving the HUD (heads up display) anytime soon? Also will they bring back the sedan M3 and I also heard from a friend who said he heard that they may be adding AWD to the m series such as the M3 Is any of that happening or is true?
The current M3, the E9x(x=0 for sedan, 2 for coupe, 3 for vert) incarnation is in it's last year of production. You'll likely not see something like that for this model.
The upcoming 2014/15 M3 will likely have a sedan and HUD.

If you're looking for firm answers, they don't exist, as the car itself doesn't exist yet.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-01-2012, 12:18 PM
xgetxemx20x xgetxemx20x is offline
Registered User
Location: Illinois
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 21
Mein Auto: In process of looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldintake View Post
The current M3, the E9x(x=0 for sedan, 2 for coupe, 3 for vert) incarnation is in it's last year of production. You'll likely not see something like that for this model.
The upcoming 2014/15 M3 will likely have a sedan and HUD.

If you're looking for firm answers, they don't exist, as the car itself doesn't exist yet.
Thanks I was hoping to hear something along the lines because I rememebr hearing that m5 was recently updated, however the M3 was about to updated soon. Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-01-2012, 01:08 PM
03BeastCharmer's Avatar
03BeastCharmer 03BeastCharmer is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 288
Mein Auto: 03 M5; 97 M3
The F80 (new M3 Sedan) mule has been testing in Germany (saw it myself in Germany while touring the M Studio). It is based on the F30 sedan, which has HUD, so you will see it on the M3. The F80 is a sedan, so yes, the next M3 will come in sedan format.

No AWD M3's have been seen testing, so I wouldn't expect one at least not in the first few years.
__________________
The Beast: E39 Dinan M5
Beast 2.0: E92 M3
Lil Brother: E86 M Coupe (Gone)

"Control, Vision, Determination" These are the three fundamental components of the new generation race car driver!! SPEED is a by-product! -Memphis Raines
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-01-2012, 01:38 PM
xgetxemx20x xgetxemx20x is offline
Registered User
Location: Illinois
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 21
Mein Auto: In process of looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03BeastCharmer View Post
The F80 (new M3 Sedan) mule has been testing in Germany (saw it myself in Germany while touring the M Studio). It is based on the F30 sedan, which has HUD, so you will see it on the M3. The F80 is a sedan, so yes, the next M3 will come in sedan format.

No AWD M3's have been seen testing, so I wouldn't expect one at least not in the first few years.
Thanks for the info and nice thats sound awesome on touring the M studio. Do you guys think I could get away with rwd in illinois mainly suburb driving? Ive heard of putting weight in trunk like sand bags and deffiantly getting snow tires.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-01-2012, 02:44 PM
xgetxemx20x xgetxemx20x is offline
Registered User
Location: Illinois
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 21
Mein Auto: In process of looking
Also do you know if estoril blue is discontiuned on the M3? i only see it on the 3 series and i think m5.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-01-2012, 04:22 PM
yinlee yinlee is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Ohio
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 165
Mein Auto: '11 M3 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by xgetxemx20x View Post
Thanks for the info and nice thats sound awesome on touring the M studio. Do you guys think I could get away with rwd in illinois mainly suburb driving? Ive heard of putting weight in trunk like sand bags and deffiantly getting snow tires.
No need for weight in the trunk as the car is pretty balance. Snow tires are a must IMO or if you have a beater that's even better. Personally, I don't take my out on crappy days and just drive the beater. Also, you would be better suited getting dedicated snow tires with 18in wheels and swapping them out in Spring.
__________________

'11 M3 Coupe
'10 335i xDrive - Will be missed
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-01-2012, 05:03 PM
xgetxemx20x xgetxemx20x is offline
Registered User
Location: Illinois
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 21
Mein Auto: In process of looking
Ok thanks and very nice car btw. I noticed you've owned a 335xdrive and now you have the M3. How would you compare a new 335xdrive msport with all the packages and options and a new M3 with all the packages and options available?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-01-2012, 06:02 PM
yinlee yinlee is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Ohio
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 165
Mein Auto: '11 M3 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by xgetxemx20x View Post
Ok thanks and very nice car btw. I noticed you've owned a 335xdrive and now you have the M3. How would you compare a new 335xdrive msport with all the packages and options and a new M3 with all the packages and options available?
Thank you. Using my iPhone so forgive me if sentence aren't clear.

IMO the difference in both cars are night and day. The M3 can be like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, tame when you want it but press the M button and you can unleash the beast. It's suspension and chassis are far superior than the 335i and the high revving V8 is intoxicating. The linear power is great. The car wants to keep pulling. The throttle blip due to downshift rev match of the DCT is awesome. It keeps you in the power band.

The 335i was my first BMW and is a great car in itself. However, I made the mistake of taking the M3 for a test drive when I was servicing the 335i and that was all she said.

From a look perspective, hands down the M3 wins. It means business but not too over the top screaming look at me. My 335i came with all the option and doesn't compare to the M3.

I believe the xDrive does not come with sport suspension.

I recommend you test drive the 335i first then an M3 and judge for yourself.

Good luck
__________________

'11 M3 Coupe
'10 335i xDrive - Will be missed
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-02-2012, 04:16 PM
xgetxemx20x xgetxemx20x is offline
Registered User
Location: Illinois
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 21
Mein Auto: In process of looking
Ok thanks good to know. Think I'll save up a little longer and go the M3. Hope the 2014 M3 sounds as good as the current.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-02-2012, 08:42 PM
yinlee yinlee is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Ohio
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 165
Mein Auto: '11 M3 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by xgetxemx20x View Post
Ok thanks good to know. Think I'll save up a little longer and go the M3. Hope the 2014 M3 sounds as good as the current.
We'll see with the next gen of M3/4. It will be forced induction so no more NA V8.
__________________

'11 M3 Coupe
'10 335i xDrive - Will be missed
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-03-2012, 09:40 AM
xgetxemx20x xgetxemx20x is offline
Registered User
Location: Illinois
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 21
Mein Auto: In process of looking
Oh yeah I forgot they're going to the inline 6 with turbo, but people dont know how many turbos and if there going to use their new patented electric turbo for it. Well I guess ill wait to see and hear some sounds of it when it comes out.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008 - 2014)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms