Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008 - 2014)

E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008 - 2014)
4th generation E90 M3 sedan, E92 M3 coupe and E93 M3 convertible. The last of the naturally aspirated M3s, powered by a 4.0 liter V8 making 414hp and 295 lb-ft of torque.

Old 10-31-2012, 05:54 PM

Mein Auto: In process of looking
coming soon?

Will the M3 be receiving the HUD (heads up display) anytime soon? Also will they bring back the sedan M3 and I also heard from a friend who said he heard that they may be adding AWD to the m series such as the M3 Is any of that happening or is true?
Advertisement
Old 11-01-2012, 12:28 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by xgetxemx20x View Post
Will the M3 be receiving the HUD (heads up display) anytime soon? Also will they bring back the sedan M3 and I also heard from a friend who said he heard that they may be adding AWD to the m series such as the M3 Is any of that happening or is true?
The current M3, the E9x(x=0 for sedan, 2 for coupe, 3 for vert) incarnation is in it's last year of production. You'll likely not see something like that for this model.
The upcoming 2014/15 M3 will likely have a sedan and HUD.

If you're looking for firm answers, they don't exist, as the car itself doesn't exist yet.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldintake View Post
The current M3, the E9x(x=0 for sedan, 2 for coupe, 3 for vert) incarnation is in it's last year of production. You'll likely not see something like that for this model.
The upcoming 2014/15 M3 will likely have a sedan and HUD.

If you're looking for firm answers, they don't exist, as the car itself doesn't exist yet.
Thanks I was hoping to hear something along the lines because I rememebr hearing that m5 was recently updated, however the M3 was about to updated soon. Thanks.
Old 11-01-2012, 01:08 PM

Mein Auto: 03 M5; 97 M3
The F80 (new M3 Sedan) mule has been testing in Germany (saw it myself in Germany while touring the M Studio). It is based on the F30 sedan, which has HUD, so you will see it on the M3. The F80 is a sedan, so yes, the next M3 will come in sedan format.

No AWD M3's have been seen testing, so I wouldn't expect one at least not in the first few years.

"Control, Vision, Determination" These are the three fundamental components of the new generation race car driver!! SPEED is a by-product! -Memphis Raines
Old 11-01-2012, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03BeastCharmer View Post
The F80 (new M3 Sedan) mule has been testing in Germany (saw it myself in Germany while touring the M Studio). It is based on the F30 sedan, which has HUD, so you will see it on the M3. The F80 is a sedan, so yes, the next M3 will come in sedan format.

No AWD M3's have been seen testing, so I wouldn't expect one at least not in the first few years.
Thanks for the info and nice thats sound awesome on touring the M studio. Do you guys think I could get away with rwd in illinois mainly suburb driving? Ive heard of putting weight in trunk like sand bags and deffiantly getting snow tires.
Old 11-01-2012, 02:44 PM

Also do you know if estoril blue is discontiuned on the M3? i only see it on the 3 series and i think m5.
Old 11-01-2012, 04:22 PM

Mein Auto: '11 M3 Coupe
Quote:
Thanks for the info and nice thats sound awesome on touring the M studio. Do you guys think I could get away with rwd in illinois mainly suburb driving? Ive heard of putting weight in trunk like sand bags and deffiantly getting snow tires.
No need for weight in the trunk as the car is pretty balance. Snow tires are a must IMO or if you have a beater that's even better. Personally, I don't take my out on crappy days and just drive the beater. Also, you would be better suited getting dedicated snow tires with 18in wheels and swapping them out in Spring.

'11 M3 Coupe
'10 335i xDrive - Will be missed
Old 11-01-2012, 05:03 PM

Ok thanks and very nice car btw. I noticed you've owned a 335xdrive and now you have the M3. How would you compare a new 335xdrive msport with all the packages and options and a new M3 with all the packages and options available?
Old 11-01-2012, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Ok thanks and very nice car btw. I noticed you've owned a 335xdrive and now you have the M3. How would you compare a new 335xdrive msport with all the packages and options and a new M3 with all the packages and options available?
Thank you. Using my iPhone so forgive me if sentence aren't clear.

IMO the difference in both cars are night and day. The M3 can be like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, tame when you want it but press the M button and you can unleash the beast. It's suspension and chassis are far superior than the 335i and the high revving V8 is intoxicating. The linear power is great. The car wants to keep pulling. The throttle blip due to downshift rev match of the DCT is awesome. It keeps you in the power band.

The 335i was my first BMW and is a great car in itself. However, I made the mistake of taking the M3 for a test drive when I was servicing the 335i and that was all she said.

From a look perspective, hands down the M3 wins. It means business but not too over the top screaming look at me. My 335i came with all the option and doesn't compare to the M3.

I believe the xDrive does not come with sport suspension.

I recommend you test drive the 335i first then an M3 and judge for yourself.

Good luck

'11 M3 Coupe
Old 11-02-2012, 04:16 PM

Ok thanks good to know. Think I'll save up a little longer and go the M3. Hope the 2014 M3 sounds as good as the current.
Old 11-02-2012, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Ok thanks good to know. Think I'll save up a little longer and go the M3. Hope the 2014 M3 sounds as good as the current.
We'll see with the next gen of M3/4. It will be forced induction so no more NA V8.

'11 M3 Coupe
Old 11-03-2012, 09:40 AM

Oh yeah I forgot they're going to the inline 6 with turbo, but people dont know how many turbos and if there going to use their new patented electric turbo for it. Well I guess ill wait to see and hear some sounds of it when it comes out.