Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X1 E84 (2011 - current)

X1 E84 (2011 - current)
The new to the US BMW X1 will arrive at BMW dealers in the fall of 2012 as a 2013 model year. Get your X1 28i with either sDrive (RWD) or xDrive (AWD) or get the US exclusive I6 N55 powered X1 35i dDrive.

Old 11-01-2012, 04:05 PM

Mein Auto: X1
BMW Tire & Wheel Protection - Lease ?

My husband and I were picking up 2 BMWs yesterday from the dealer. We had visited the dealership last week and decided on 2 models and completed the credit app. The Sales Manager gave us 2 separate quotes for the lease payment on each car. When we went to pick up the cars we were in the finance office ready to give our down payment based on the info we received previously from the Sales Manager. The Finance Manager tells us about two options we can now take advantage of (BMW Tire & Wheel Protection & Paint & Interior Protection) for an additional fee which will now increase our monthly lease payment on each car. We were really shocked and upset that they waited until the last moment to bring up these options which did not allow us to do any research as to whether they were worthwhile. My question is - did anyone else close a deal on their car with these options offered at the last minute? Thanks, Suzi
Advertisement
Old 11-01-2012, 04:14 PM
Mullini

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW sDrive 28i X1
My X1 hasn't arrived yet (still a couple weeks away) but I fully expect to hear such offers when I enter the Finance office. Every time i have purchased a car, the Finance person will try to "add on." It's sort of their job.

Some people will argue in favor of the tire warranty. The paint/interior protection things are almost always just pure profit for the dealer and not much advantage to the customer, but others may have differing opinions.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:29 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: X1
It part of sales tactic and has been discussed here a lot. There is a thread about it a couple weeks ago. I personally turned it down but if you have the 19" rims I'd probably get it. They tend to get damaged a lot easier. The dealer had it packaged with the ding protection for $777. It's not a bad price compared to some of the other prices I saw quoted here.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:43 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 528xi
Don't be upset, that's what they do. I'm sure quite a few people sign up for it when they are put on the spot, that's why they do it. I agree with mullini above, I fully expect to hear about all the add ons that are available when that time comes.
2003 330cic Jet Black / Natural Brown - retired
2001 X-5 3.0 Titanium Siver /Black - retired
BMW CCA Member
Old 11-07-2012, 07:24 PM

Mein Auto: X5 35D, Former X1 and 335
Just run the car as you want. Your local body shop can repair wheels for as little as $100 a wheel unless totally screwed.