Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings added style and new features to the BMW's mid-sized SUV. Talk about the BMW F25 X3 with other X3 owners now!

Old 11-01-2016, 05:56 PM

Mein Auto: 2016 X3
Looking tor reasonably priced cross rails

I am looking to transport a kayak on my 2016 X3 and hope to find an after market setup that is not as expensive as buying from dealer. I need both rails and kayak carrier. Any suggestions that won't cost more than the kayak?
Advertisement
Old 11-01-2016, 08:42 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: x3 35i
I hear the BMW oem cross rails are pretty good and don't cost more then the aftermarket like Thule. I have the Thule areoblade and the quality is really good. But it's expensive! I bought the Thule because I liked the way it looked over the BMW version. But you can't go wrong either way.
Old 11-02-2016, 07:20 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 X3 28i
Start on rackattack.com. Use their fitment guide to see all the options. I ended up going with Rhino Rack Vortex.
After you start there, you can search other sites for price.
I got lucky and found the rack I wanted on ebay, used.
Old 11-02-2016, 07:30 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 328xd Wagon
I looked pretty hard a few months ago. If you are buying new, the OEM rails are probably the least expensive and easiest on-off. Look hard for used ones, if you can confirm they are the right fit.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)
Today's Posts Search