Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Diesel Owners / Enthusiasts

BMW Diesel Owners / Enthusiasts
Do you own a diesel powered BMW? Maybe a 335d or a BMW x35d? Come and talk about what makes your car great!

Old 11-07-2012, 12:49 PM

Mein Auto: bmw e46 330d
E46 330 how to find out which engine my car has?

My bmw e46 330d is on a 51 plate but its a facelift model, i have read that the engines with the swirl flaps are 2002 onwards, my car was registered jan 02 but built in oct 01, i dont know where to find the code as to which engine will be installed, i would imagine it will be the uprated engine with the swirl flaps buy i am not sure and i dont want to take the inlet off to find out it hasnt got them. also it might sound stupid but i cant change my time on my radio or dash now the clocks have gone back lol
Advertisement
Old 11-07-2012, 01:52 PM
Pedant and Curmudgeon

Mein Auto: 335d, 328d, Toyota T100
Quote:
Originally Posted by shippo1983 View Post
My bmw e46 330d is on a 51 plate but its a facelift model, i have read that the engines with the swirl flaps are 2002 onwards, my car was registered jan 02 but built in oct 01, i dont know where to find the code as to which engine will be installed, i would imagine it will be the uprated engine with the swirl flaps buy i am not sure and i dont want to take the inlet off to find out it hasnt got them. also it might sound stupid but i cant change my time on my radio or dash now the clocks have gone back lol
To change the clock, fiddle until the clock is displayed in the dash display, then twist the left (not the odometer) "reset" stalk.

Us in the US won't know about the engine designation. Check http://www.unixnerd.demon.co.uk/bmw.html for a little info.