Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series

3 Series / 4 Series
The 3 Series / 4 Series Forum. If you would like to see all new posts in all the forums, click here.

Old 07-08-2004, 08:36 PM

Send a message via AIM to Deloriant
Mein Auto: 96' 328is
Info and Some Questions...

Hey guys - just got an account on the forums and wanted to say a friendly hello to everyone. I have a 96' 328is with a few minor things done to it (rims, clear corners, white bulbs, euro headlight conversion etc). I'll get some pictures up and running this weekend. Anyway, just had a few questions and some info for you guys.

First off - watch out for Tuner MotorSports. They've got some pretty bad false advertising going on, and a kit I ordered from them was missing parts. Check this out: http://www.turnermotorsport.com/html...ConversionKits

Those lights are pretty hot so I went ahead and bought them. Well, despite what they lead you to believe, you aren't getting headlight buckets, just new angel eye rings and a bunch of wiring. The kit also doesn't include blue bulbs so you'll end up with blue rings and standard yellow/orange bulbs (wow that's not going to look incredibly stupid). Anyway, just thought I'd drop you guys the 2 cents on that company.

Anyone know of a company/person who sells blue angel eyes (or just blue bulbs) for the European Ellipsoid headlights? I'm dying for some blue headlights with my Euro kit...it would look great. I'd rather have the blue angel eye rings for my euro headlights, but the only place I can find selling them is that Tuner AutoSports place that had missing parts in their shipped product.

Onward to the questions, I'm about to buy an intake, chip, and exhaust for my car. I'm getting an intake from BavAuto (they're awesome) - an AFE Powerflow Intake Kit. I'll probably buy a Conforti chip ( I hear they make the best ECU's), but I'm a little torn when it comes to exhaust. I've heard a lot of things about Remus, AC Schnitzer, and Scorpion, but I came across something that really struck a chord with me. Here's the link: http://www.uucmotorwerks.com/html%5F...e462/SUE36TSE/

They look decent (I could never decide between DTM and roundtips - The roundtips don't look very sporty but the way the DTM angles upward is retarded), sound great, and aren't that expensive. The rated hp gains aren't bad either (yes I know everyone lies about this). They seem to have a really burly exhaust note that I'm going for. Anyone have these, or have a suggestion of an exhaust system for me? I'm looking at around 600-700 dollars and going for a good mix of horsepower and sound.

Sorry to throw such a long post at you guys...I've just been really stressed lately, plus all this bs about the "headlights" I just bought from Tuner MotorSports didn't help. Hope to get some replies! =) Pics on their way!
Ads by Google
Old 07-08-2004, 09:07 PM
Buyakasha!

Send a message via AIM to KP Send a message via MSN to KP
Mein Auto: MY01.5 325Ci/93 Miata
Halos . A lot of e36 people were happy with the Conforti intake+chip. Never been a fan of bavauto since they are overpriced imo, but doesn't mean that their products are bad, I've just never considered buying from them, that's all. As for the exhaust, stromung is pretty popular with the e36 people. as well as SS. Yeah, UUC got good reviews with the TSE for the e36, but not so much for the e46.
Old 07-08-2004, 10:00 PM

The "Daylight Demon Eyes (Angel Eyes) - E36 [E36]" @ http://www.umnitza.com/product_info....products_id=41

Are those actual headlight buckets or just the upgrade kit like the one I found at Tuner MotorSports?
Old 07-09-2004, 12:10 AM

One more question....are these "ITG Foam" filters really worth 100$ over a standard air filter?