Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Classifieds > Cars - Private Party

Cars - Private Party
Do you have a car for sale? Are you looking for a new BMW? Check here daily as well as searching on craigslist and eBay Motors

Old 12-13-2012, 09:34 AM
Yup.

Mein Auto: Cars
Exclamation ALPINA B7 for sale - now only $37.5k

Hey folks-

Figured I'd let you guys here know that I just put the final price drop on my B7 for sale. Sale price is now $37,500.

This is my final price drop before I will simply trade the car in, as any lower it will no longer be worth me selling (plus, I have already decided on the next car, and the lure of immediacy is compelling). Originally, I was simply going to let it sell whenever, but I got impatient! I probably shouldn't have allowed myself to shop for the next one already.

I've listed it on autotrader, eBay, and locally. See sale thread here e65 ALPINA B7 for sale

Maserati GT 4.2
Range Rover 4.4
Dodge Ram 1500

PAST: ALPINA B7, e63, e39, e39, e36
Advertisement
Old 12-13-2012, 02:44 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2003 BMW 745Li
Really wish i had that kind of extra money..Beautiful car. And good luck with the sale!!!
Old 12-13-2012, 05:01 PM

Mein Auto: 2004 760i
Beautiful car. Good luck with getting your price.
Old 12-13-2012, 05:12 PM

Send a message via MSN to quarterto8 Send a message via Yahoo to quarterto8
Mein Auto: 04 E65 15 Escalade
What's your next car??
Old 12-14-2012, 01:11 AM
President

Mein Auto: BMW
nice car but too many miles

and too much money

i guess... time to trade it in!

'03 745i - modded - GONE -
Old 12-14-2012, 03:12 AM

Mein Auto: '06 750Li
Quote:
Originally Posted by quarterto8 View Post
What's your next car??
This! Now you have us all intrigued
I wish you the best with the sale man. I can't imagine them offering that price for trade in though? I'm assuming it's more around the low 30's?

2006 BMW 750Li - Style 128's with Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Magnaflow quad exhaust, ACS Roof Spoiler, ACS Aluminum Pedals, Umnitza LED License Plate Lights, Beltronics V995

1997 BMW 540i - E39 M5 wheels, straight piped quad exhaust, CAI, Dinan performance chip, H&R springs

2002 Lexus LX470 - Window Tint (20%)

2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid LE - Window Tint (30% front, 15% rear), LED interior lighting

2006 Mercedes-Benz S500 - AMG Sports Package - SOLD

Old 12-14-2012, 05:08 AM

Mein Auto: 2009 750i
I wish you the best with the sale and your car looks beautiful but the miles are just too high for that amount of money. I researched it for awhile but saw many cars with less miles for that price. Depending on your trade in amount it might be time to let it go.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1355490532.418726.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	117.1 KB
ID:	353181  
Old 12-14-2012, 08:37 AM
Yup.

Mein Auto: Cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaileSvick View Post
Really wish i had that kind of extra money..Beautiful car. And good luck with the sale!!!
Thanks! It's not that much considering what kind of an upgrade it is - drive one, and then you'll be looking for reasons why you can't!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsbolin@me.com View Post
Beautiful car. Good luck with getting your price.
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quarterto8 View Post
What's your next car??
At the moment, I've been working a deal for a Fisker Karma. I was also at the Bentley dealer looking at a certified Continental GT a couple weeks ago, but they weren't going to play with my 2 trades. And last week - while servicing my B7, there was another guy looking to get an M5 who would be trading in his 2011 B7 - so I was slightly tempted by that! But the Karma is most appealing to me, as I no longer think I need a high performance car to get me into trouble - however there are other issues with that car and company that keep my from signing right this moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven11 View Post
nice car but too many miles

and too much money

i guess... time to trade it in!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suri [TBR] View Post
This! Now you have us all intrigued
I wish you the best with the sale man. I can't imagine them offering that price for trade in though? I'm assuming it's more around the low 30's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjjklj View Post
I wish you the best with the sale and your car looks beautiful but the miles are just too high for that amount of money. I researched it for awhile but saw many cars with less miles for that price. Depending on your trade in amount it might be time to let it go.
Yes, it has miles, as it has been a daily driver with a highway commute for some time. The difference is that unlike 95 percent of every other B7 being sold now, this has had, and is still under, a 100k mile/6 year warranty and serviced by the dealer its entire life. In addition to that, the supercharger itself has a separate warranty from ALPINA on it, as it was replaced a few months ago. That being said, how does that benefit a potential buyer? Anyone who is actually looking for a B7 shouldn't be concerned solely with price. That is a quick way to end up with someone else's (big) problems. Service on these cars is not cheap. Furthermore, between 60-75k miles, there is about $5k worth of SCHEDULED service, including wear parts like the supercharger clutch. And there always the possibility of the supercharger failing, or any other parts failing that are easily a few thousand dollars per visit.

In either case, the $14k supercharger job was already done on my car, has a warranty for that itself, and another ~$15k in service has been done in the past 12 months that many cars as well-optioned as such may encounter in the near future. If price is a buyer's concern, he/she should not commit the fallacy of assuming the up front purchase price is the entire cost. From an economic perspective, a car like this makes more sense and is a great value for anyone who wishes to keep it in the long term. If not, and you want to buy it, drive it for a year, then dump it - sure, it doesn't make as much sense.

Finally, as far as trading it in, I can get around 35k with the dealers playing around with numbers on the other side - and the tax benefit is also helpful for a few grand, which is why I am saying this is my bottom price. Also, I plan on trading in 2 cars, so the idea of doing it all in one step (unloading 2 and getting a new one) is appealing.

Thanks for everyone's interest!

Maserati GT 4.2
Range Rover 4.4
Dodge Ram 1500

PAST: ALPINA B7, e63, e39, e39, e36

Last edited by Hossy; 12-14-2012 at 08:44 AM.