Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Motorsports, Racing & Track

Motorsports, Racing & Track
From Formula One to Auto-X, discuss everything related to going fast here...

Old 07-09-2004, 08:57 AM
Administrator

Mein Auto: Ti Silver 03 M3
British GP - Free Practice

07/09/2004

Weather: Overcast. Temp: 17-18°C Air, 27-31°C Track, Humidity 54-59%
Silverstone (UK). BMW WilliamsF1 Team drivers enjoyed a trouble free start to the British Grand Prix weekend with two smooth practice sessions for Juan Pablo Montoya and Marc Gené.

The day was also notable for an announcement renewing the team's principal partnership with HP.

Juan Pablo Montoya:
Chassis: FW26 06 (Spare car FW26 05)
1st session: 3rd 1.19,502 min
2nd session: 11th 1.19,746 min
We made some good evaluation tests today. Track conditions were changing quite a lot throughout the sessions but nevertheless we went through our scheduled programme and I can say I am reasonably happy with the balance of my car. Weather has been better than yesterday, even if still quite cold, and I definitely hope for some more dry running tomorrow.

Marc Gené:
Chassis: FW26 07
1st session: 4th 1.19,687 min
2nd session: 7th 1.19,540 min
All in all it was a positive day. We have been working on tyre evaluation like everyone today and we also made some set-up changes. The car did not always behave as expected though, so we need to sit down now and carefully go through the data we have collected, in order to have a better understanding of the situation. What tyre we I will use for qualifying and in the race is still undecided at the moment.

Sam Michael (Technical Director, WilliamsF1):
We have had a productive day with no mechanical problems, looking at tyre evaluation and race set up. The weather in Silverstone is different to normal as it is colder compared to other tracks. That affects the set up of the car and the tyre selection. We will look at the data tonight to make the right decisions. The weather looks like it is going to stay like this all weekend.

Mario Theissen (BMW Motorsport Director):
Compared with last Friday in Magny-Cours, we had today a good, trouble free day, with both the drivers completing their programme, which was important for us in order to get some more running with our new aero package. We had no problems on the engine side.
Old 07-09-2004, 09:05 AM
I reject your reality

Mein Auto: 02 Trulli-Leopard
Tim... how 'bout posting it in the "Spoiler" thread? That's where it usually goes...