Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 11-04-2012, 12:26 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: boat
BMW Sucks...

Just playing!!!

But you know what is really bugging me?? How BMW has not updated there website yet because it still says the 335xi and 328xi have sport suspension...

I know they have had to of gotten complaints about this and it is causing problems. Luckily for me I was able to get my dealer to reorder the car with the Dynamic Handling Package but I know someone else on this forum who was also misguided by the BMW website and would have also gotten the Dynamic Handling Package if he knew before hand that the xi model does not have a sport suspension.

Is BMW purposly misguiding there customers or is this just a mere mistake?!
Advertisement
Old 11-04-2012, 12:49 PM
Software Engineer

Mein Auto: 2013 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner44 View Post
Just playing!!!

But you know what is really bugging me?? How BMW has not updated there website yet because it still says the 335xi and 328xi have sport suspension...

I know they have had to of gotten complaints about this and it is causing problems. Luckily for me I was able to get my dealer to reorder the car with the Dynamic Handling Package but I know someone else on this forum who was also misguided by the BMW website and would have also gotten the Dynamic Handling Package if he knew before hand that the xi model does not have a sport suspension.

Is BMW purposly misguiding there customers or is this just a mere mistake?!
The entire user experience on BMWUSA.com is poor. There is not one thing they do well on that abomination of a website.

The icing on the cake is that half the images when configuring a car are missing depending on your selected options.

2013 335i Sport | Mineral White | Leather Dakota Everest Grey | Cold Weather Package | Driver Assistance Package | Premium Package | Technology Package | Auto high beams | Parking Assistant | 6MT

My 335i Photo Gallery
Old 11-04-2012, 12:54 PM

Mein Auto: 98 540iA Sport
I find better user experiences with dealerships than the NA site. That site is a turd.

Sent from my DROIDX using Bimmer App
Old 11-04-2012, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golovko View Post
The entire user experience on BMWUSA.com is poor. There is not one thing they do well on that abomination of a website.

The icing on the cake is that half the images when configuring a car are missing depending on your selected options.
I belive I also had this issue, try using google chrome as a browser.
Old 11-04-2012, 02:05 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 335i Sport Sedan
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner44 View Post
I belive I also had this issue, try using google chrome as a browser.
I don't have this particular issue and I use IE, but when I build a car on BMWUSA.COM, and click on the "Estimate a Price" link, it's hit or miss. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Generally speaking, I have yet to experience any auto manufacture website that I really think is great. Mercedes is even worse than BMW's. Not a big fan of Infiniti's or Lexus's either.

Last edited by krash; 11-04-2012 at 02:06 PM.
Old 11-04-2012, 02:26 PM

Mein Auto: 2007 X5 4.8i
Quote:
Originally Posted by krash View Post
I don't have this particular issue and I use IE, but when I build a car on BMWUSA.COM, and click on the "Estimate a Price" link, it's hit or miss. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Generally speaking, I have yet to experience any auto manufacture website that I really think is great. Mercedes is even worse than BMW's. Not a big fan of Infiniti's or Lexus's either.
There's no excuse for BMW, or other manufacturers, to have a web site that doesn't acurtately represent what is available.
Old 11-04-2012, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny5280 View Post
There's no excuse for BMW, or other manufacturers, to have a web site that doesn't acurtately represent what is available.
I agree...To say a car has a sport suspension when it does not is terrible.

They can remove the from the website within 5 minutes.

Last edited by wayner44; 11-04-2012 at 05:03 PM.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:28 PM

Mein Auto: Passat 1.8T MT
If you think the manuacturers' websites suck, take a look at the dealers'. Most of them are so horrendous that they don't even list lines or options for their inventories. They often omit interior color. The wort list some generic crap that the car has A/C, power windows, etc. Yes, that's exactly what I need to know about the cars in their inventories.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:33 PM

So your saying we should buy audi instead?
Old 11-05-2012, 04:03 AM

Mein Auto: na
Whoa! So if I get the Xi,, even if I select the Sport or M build, I DO NOT get the sport suspension???

Seriously??????? Please explain.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:14 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 335i M Sport
just noticed a similar thing...my car is in production now and i got the luxury package....yet it says my car will have a M steering wheel under the luxury line options
Old 11-05-2012, 06:55 AM

Mein Auto: '13 335i xDrive 6MT ZDH
Quote:
Originally Posted by r0gue View Post
Whoa! So if I get the Xi,, even if I select the Sport or M build, I DO NOT get the sport suspension???

Seriously??????? Please explain.
This is right, Sport and M Sports with xDrive don't get the sport suspension. If you read the official 2013 BMW ordering guide it's clear, just look where the 704 sport suspension is and isn't listed.

Last I looked the bmwusa web site has the sport suspension listed for the xdrive 3 series on some pages but not others. It isn't consistent, which makes me think it's just a dumb mistake. Whoever made the web page probably just copy-pasted the wrong thing.

You can put the dynamic handling package on any F30 though, including xDrives.

Basically the only way to know anything for sure about any option is to go to the official ordering guide document.

Last edited by sean10mm; 11-05-2012 at 06:56 AM.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:17 PM

While we're talking about the site sucking... My new favorite contradiction - A description of the certified pre-owned warranty program -

"Our warranty has broad coverage that includes engine, automatic/manual transmission, ...." blah blah blah. Then, two lines down -

"Aside from overall wear and use, there are various items not covered by the BMW CPO Warranty. These include upkeep items
such as the engine and transmission..." blah BLAH!

Our warranty covers everything! Except the things we just said it covered, apparently lol.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:31 PM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psalm11_6 View Post
While we're talking about the site sucking... My new favorite contradiction - A description of the certified pre-owned warranty program -

"Our warranty has broad coverage that includes engine, automatic/manual transmission, ...." blah blah blah. Then, two lines down -

"Aside from overall wear and use, there are various items not covered by the BMW CPO Warranty. These include upkeep items
such as the engine and transmission..." blah BLAH!

Our warranty covers everything! Except the things we just said it covered, apparently lol.
What?! The CPO warranty covers virtually 100% of the engine and transmission components. It does not cover maintenance, such as oil changes, filter changes, spark plugs, etc.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

** Join the BMW CCA www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!! **
Old 11-05-2012, 03:46 PM

My feelings exactly. It coverage the two most expensive components but they advertise the opposite. Doing themselves a disservice as far as im concerned.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:36 PM

Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
I find better user experiences with dealerships than the NA site. That site is a turd.

Sent from my DROIDX using Bimmer App
I enjoy the irony of someone complaining about user experience while posting from an Android smartphone.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:53 PM
Software Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnook View Post
i enjoy the irony of someone complaining about user experience while posting from an android smartphone. :d
+100000000000

2013 335i Sport | Mineral White | Leather Dakota Everest Grey | Cold Weather Package | Driver Assistance Package | Premium Package | Technology Package | Auto high beams | Parking Assistant | 6MT

My 335i Photo Gallery
Old 11-06-2012, 01:24 AM

you guys must have ipones
Old 11-06-2012, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnook View Post
I enjoy the irony of someone complaining about user experience while posting from an Android smartphone.
In case you didn't notice, the iPhone 5 launch was a dumpster fire.
Old 11-06-2012, 08:32 AM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Quote:
My feelings exactly. It coverage the two most expensive components but they advertise the opposite. Doing themselves a disservice as far as im concerned.
What are you talking about?

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

** Join the BMW CCA www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!! **
Old 11-06-2012, 08:32 AM
Software Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean10mm View Post
In case you didn't notice, the iPhone 5 launch was a dumpster fire.
Really? It was their most successful launch to date by a factor of double on launch weekend. If thats a dumpster fire, I'd like to see more of that.

Also, none of the so called 'issues' were iPhone 5 related. Lets not confuse an OS upgrade with new hardware. I know with Android they're one and the same but iPhone/iOS is different. You can actually update your older hardware with new OS upgrades.

My 335i Photo Gallery

Last edited by golovko; 11-06-2012 at 08:34 AM.
Old 11-06-2012, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Really? It was their most successful launch to date by a factor of double on launch weekend. If thats a dumpster fire, I'd like to see more of that.
Of course the Apple cult bought it. I'm talking about all the technical and build quality issues it had. Lots of people bought Britney Spears records, doesn't mean they were worth a damn.

Quote:
Also, none of the so called 'issues' were iPhone 5 related. Lets not confuse an OS upgrade with new hardware. I know with Android they're one and the same but iPhone/iOS is different. You can actually update your older hardware with new OS upgrades.
Um, it had a ton of hardware/build quality issues to go along with the horrible new Apple navigation, etc.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2...ubles/1630389/
Old 11-06-2012, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Of course the Apple cult bought it. I'm talking about all the technical and build quality issues it had. Lots of people bought Britney Spears records, doesn't mean they were worth a damn.

Um, it had a ton of hardware/build quality issues to go along with the horrible new Apple navigation, etc.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2...ubles/1630389/
Those are minor issues blown out of proportion by media looking for reasons to publish negative stories about a super successful company. Its natural that once a company becomes super successful that people look for ways to pick them apart.

Back here in reality its a fantastic phone and very few people have had a negative experience.
Old 11-06-2012, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnook View Post
Back here in reality its a fantastic phone and very few people have had a negative experience.
Must be why googling "iphone 5 problems" gets you over 400 million results.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Must be why googling "iphone 5 problems" gets you over 400 million results.
How many results do you get if you google "Mercedes is better than BMW"? Is that proof of anything?