Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 11-21-2012, 09:18 PM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Congrats! Pics or it didn't happen.

Keep Right, Except to Pass

Than & Then usage - "It was hotter than hades (comparison). Then later on (time) it got cool."

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune - I like it!
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

BMW CCA member #388003 - www.bmwcca.org Use me as a referral, you could win a one day ///M Driving School!

Last edited by tturedraider; 11-21-2012 at 09:20 PM.
Old 11-22-2012, 04:05 AM
Philosopher-king

Mein Auto: E91, Volvo, Porsche
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadeholiday View Post

I have to get my winter tires. I think i'll just go w/ blizzak RFT, but wanted to see if many recommended blowin off the RFT and what they do for backup?
I have runflat winter tires. My summer tires are the original staggered ZSP wheels and tires, but I have a set of 16 inch wheels for winter use with 205/55 x 16 Dunlop Winter Sport runflats. Taller and skinnier tires are better in the snow, and that's why I downsized. Another thought is that if you get dedicated winter wheels, you'll need to get tire pressure monitors for each wheel and there are a couple of different versions of the TPMS depending on the E9x year.

I'd buy a temporary spare (or keep a summer tire in the trunk) but that would take up much of the limited trunk space. I always carry a plug kit, a jack and an air pump stuffed in the nooks and crannies of the trunk. And have AAA "Plus" with the long distance towing. Since the cars aren't designed to carry a spare, there isn't any solution that I could think of that doesn't have some minuses. Sorry.
2008 E91 station wagon 19K miles "Classic" BMW inline six, six-speed manual transmission, Alpine, Terra, Xenons, ZSP, ZCW, ZPP, PDC, CA, alarm, M shifter and M brake handle, Euro rear fog light switch, Euro aspheric mirrors, rear power outlets, Dunlop Winter Sports, Garmin nüvi custom cupholder mount, Lidatek, V-1 built-in remote display, tire pump, jack, floor mats, sand, dog hair, several pairs of smelly old running shoes.

Old 11-22-2012, 05:25 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 e91 X-drive, 6MT
Congrats! Stay with run-flats for winter. I have 16" Dunlops Winter as well. They are decent. Got them from Tire Rack together with wheels. Having a spare in the luggage compartment is not good. Been there...
Old 11-22-2012, 09:55 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 325xi wagon
FYI on tire flat monitor

The 06 Tire Monitor does not have PODs mounted in the wheels.
Which means you do not have to worry about them running out of power or buying them with a new set of rims . They use a rotational system based off the anti lock brake sensors.
Old 11-25-2012, 03:19 PM

Mein Auto: shopping
thx

OK,
thanks. So, I'm going to stay run flat, and get them put on their own rims.

A couple of dunlop votes here, I was thinking blizzak. have you had better luck with the Dunlop?

I'll get some pics!
white w/ blk interior.

so,
after a few days, I like it more and more! I'm known for a bit of buyers remorse at times, but each day I've been more sure I made the right move. this car drives soooo well! I was coming up mt rose highway about 11 friday night, and couldn't believe the lights. the tracking around turns, especially hairpin bends made me chuckle out loud, just amazing. didn't even know what I was missing.
and the turn signal levers, wiper blades, just the ergos of everything and feel is the best I"ve ever owned. I saw the german couple's original invoice, and can't feel bad about getting a car they paid @50K for 19K w/ only 39,000miles.

totally stoked!

cheers,
wade
Old 01-08-2013, 10:55 AM

Mein Auto: 2006 E91 MT6
Congrats Wade on your car.
I have an 06 with sport seats, panno roof 6sp mt AWD
I bought the car in 2011 with 60k at a BMW dealer. Nobody wanted the car because it was a stick and mommys couldn't be bothered.
Other dealers I go to tell me how rare this car is and if I want to trade it in they would buy it on the spot.
I am up to 110k now and out of warranty so now the maintance is done by me and it is adding up quickly.
Just put on a new set of Bilsteins in all four corners, did the drive belt, plugs, new battery, oil changes in my drive way. Still need to change two diff fluids, transfer case and MT fluids. All of these things start to rear their head at 80k.
I drive this car everywhere.
Went on vacation to OBX from Connecticut with 4 people, two bikes and a cargo box on the roof. The cruise control is amazing and increases my MPG to 28-30
If you want to carry bikes, I got a Curt hitch receiver on Amazon for 150 and used a Thule Helium rack (23 lbs) off the back. It comes out in 10 sec when you don't need it.
For the roof, go with Thule Aeroblades and the 450R foot.
Pops on and off in 2 minutes and no wind noise.
Good luck
Tom
Old 01-08-2013, 11:08 AM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodathedog View Post
Congrats Wade on your car.
I have an 06 with sport seats, panno roof 6sp mt AWD
I bought the car in 2011 with 60k at a BMW dealer. Nobody wanted the car because it was a stick and mommys couldn't be bothered.
Other dealers I go to tell me how rare this car is and if I want to trade it in they would buy it on the spot.
I am up to 110k now and out of warranty so now the maintance is done by me and it is adding up quickly.
Just put on a new set of Bilsteins in all four corners, did the drive belt, plugs, new battery, oil changes in my drive way. Still need to change two diff fluids, transfer case and MT fluids. All of these things start to rear their head at 80k.
I drive this car everywhere.
Went on vacation to OBX from Connecticut with 4 people, two bikes and a cargo box on the roof. The cruise control is amazing and increases my MPG to 28-30
If you want to carry bikes, I got a Curt hitch receiver on Amazon for 150 and used a Thule Helium rack (23 lbs) off the back. It comes out in 10 sec when you don't need it.
For the roof, go with Thule Aeroblades and the 450R foot.
Pops on and off in 2 minutes and no wind noise.
Good luck
Tom
Nice first post. Thanks for sharing and welcome to the 'fest. What took you so long to get here?

Keep Right, Except to Pass

Than & Then usage - "It was hotter than hades (comparison). Then later on (time) it got cool."

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune - I like it!
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

BMW CCA member #388003 - www.bmwcca.org Use me as a referral, you could win a one day ///M Driving School!
Old 01-08-2013, 11:17 AM

Mein Auto: 2006 E91 MT6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
Nice first post. Thanks for sharing and welcome to the 'fest. What took you so long to get here?
Now that I am elbow deep in doing the maintance, I have been lurking around more.
Most people don't like to talk about wagons and I have to sift thru "best choices to lower my car", engine mods, bigger wheels, etc..
This is my dd and have enough speeding tix with this vehicle (110mph latest) which is why I now set the cruise at 60 and let it drive itself. I need to lay low for awhile.
I feel this is the best vehicle ever created, and I love the way it holds everything. My 13 ft sea kayak fits perfectly on top and the car is low enough I can get away carrying all my toys on the Martha's Vineyard Ferry without paying an oversized vehicle premium.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:00 PM
Registered Boozer

Mein Auto: 2011 328xit, 2012 Golf R
I read these threads, and I just shake my head at the stupidity of Americans and their obsession with SUVs. My car has been on snow for 20 something days straight, never even getting close to pavement, on roads that get plowed only every couple days if that. I constantly pass people on the road, then see them in the parking lot after I'm in my boots heading on up the hill. Being low is an advantage, not a disadvantage. Too bad that the new F31 is AT only. AAAArrrrgggghhhh.