Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Forced Induction

Forced Induction
Aftermarket superchargers & turbos as well as tuning for stock BMW turbos (N54 motor - 135i / 335i / 535i). Force-fed discussion to make your car go faster

Old 11-10-2012, 06:39 PM

Mein Auto: 335IS coupe
New to BMW performance... looking for opinions and suggestions.

Hey all, glad I found this forum. Just took home my first BMW - a 2013 335Is coupe. I've been a Mustang performance guy my entire life so I'm new to the BMW scene. I'm looking at mods that seem fairly basic and just want some opinions. I've been doing a lot of reading and researching and think I'm interested in doing a COBB tune and a FMIC on my car to start. What kind of gains might I see on lets say a COBB stage 2 93 octane tune and the FMIC? I'm also interested in NOT having to cut my bumper cover to fit the FMIC so if anyone can tell me which one I can install without having to cut would be great. At this time I'm not looking to do down pipes. I'm also looking at the BMS one piece intake as well. Any opinions / suggestions about these starting mods from the experts is greatly appreciated.

And please refrain from telling me to use the search function.
Ads by Google
Old 11-13-2012, 09:00 AM
'Fest Sponsor

Mein Auto: E92
First of all, congrats on your new ultimate driving machine. The 335is already comes with more power than the standard 335i models. Adding the Cobb, intake, and fmic will allow you to run the stage 1+ tune which will give you a slight boost in performance gains.

335is gains:
Stage1 Gains Aggressive (93 octane): 8%HP / 6%TQ
Stage2+FMIC Gains: Aggressive (93 octane): 31%HP / 21%TQ

Stage 1+ will be in bteween those two ranges in terms of gains. I'd recommend that you check out the following mods:

Cobb AccessPORT
aFe stage 2 intake
Evolution Racewerks FMIC

I'll shoot you over a pm with more details!
Remus Exhaust | HRE FlowForm
Hours: Mon - Fri 8:00am-6:00pm | Sat 8:00am-5:00pm
Check out the Blog for daily updates!