Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E85 / E86 Z4 (2003-2008)

E85 / E86 Z4 (2003-2008)
E85 Z4 Roadster, E86 Z4 Coupe, E85 Z4 M Roadster, and E86 Z4 M Coupe talk with our BMW gurus here.

Old 11-11-2012, 01:56 AM

Mein Auto: Z4
Z4 E86 need parts...

hello, i am new to this forum. but i seriously need your help.

******* width="480" height="360" src="http://pic2.pbsrc.com/flash/rss_slideshow.swf" flashvars="rssFeed=http%3A%2F%2Ffeed1068.photobucket.com%2Fal bums%2Fu443%2Fjackychai%2F%2Ffeed.rss" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" />jackychai***039;s  album on Photobucket

the above pictures are taken from my Z4 waiting to be fixed up.

I purchased this through auction and my frd was supposed to fix it up for me.

but due to their procrastination my car has been in their lot for over half a year and I just dont want to waste more time waiting for them to find parts for my car. recently they got some parts but discovered more parts then expected are missing.

can you guys help me take a look?
for sure I need to replacing the harness or at least the plugs. how and where can I go after?

and I tried to look up the repair service manual I just could not find a complete diagram that shows what composite the whole front.

and beside the condenser and all those fans and such, what parts could possibly be misisng? like sensors, etc.

every info will help. thanks.
Ads by Google
Old 11-11-2012, 01:58 AM

http://s1068.beta.photobucket.com/us...ychai/library/

sorry this is the link to my pictures, the previous one does not work...
Old 11-11-2012, 04:30 AM

Mein Auto: 2008 Z4 3.0i
Parts...?

Hope your ready with your check book. My reccomendation is to check with your insurance carrier. Touch base with your agent and see if he or she can't put you in touch with an automobile claims expert. They have all the material and costs in their manuals. You might need to arrange this for a Saturday and give the Rep some cash but may be your quickest solution. Enjoy your project-Gnatthecat
Old 11-11-2012, 05:16 AM
Underway on Nuclear Power

Mein Auto: Me
You bought the car in this condition? Correct.??

Ok

Your friend is not really your friend, since you bought the car and he just went away.

What you need are two BMW Techmanuals. The mechanical book is call the TIS. You can pick up a CD on Ebay for $15.00. The other book is for the electrical and it called the WDS (V12). Same as the TIS, you can pick it up on Ebay.

There is no diagram (in the wild) that shows the complete electrical system.

These cars have not been out of production that long so finding parts is VERY easy. Use www.realoem.com
Furthermore, does legality establish morality?
Slavery was legal; apartheid was legal; Stalinist, Nazi, and Maoist purges were legal. Clearly, the fact of legality does not justify these crimes. Legality, alone, cannot be the talisman of morel people. - Walter E. Williams

Last edited by shipkiller; 11-11-2012 at 05:17 AM.
Old 11-11-2012, 11:52 AM

thanks guys. i have purchased both manual already.

i bought it through salvage car auction. my friend did not do much because they don't specialize in European cars... anyways it happened already, so i should not complain much and just want to get it done.

but what do u think it would be missing?

like the sensors and such.

i pretty much have all the big parts for the front. just the small one that are not sure what are those. thanks a again for your input.

and i will look into the link u guys gave me.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:38 PM

Mein Auto: Z4 2.5i 2005
Cut and run dude. That looks like a lost cause. You might sell it to Bavarian Auto recycling.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:50 PM
Underway on Nuclear Power

Mein Auto: Me
Not a lost cause. Think of it as a restoration...
Furthermore, does legality establish morality?
Slavery was legal; apartheid was legal; Stalinist, Nazi, and Maoist purges were legal. Clearly, the fact of legality does not justify these crimes. Legality, alone, cannot be the talisman of morel people. - Walter E. Williams