Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series > F06 Gran Coupe (2013 - Current)

F06 Gran Coupe (2013 - Current)
BMW's entrance into the 4 door coupe segment to go head to head with the Audi A7 and MB CLS

Old 05-12-2013, 12:28 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW 650i xDrive GranCoupe
Red face Ordering 2014 640 Gran Coupe xDrive build, any suggestions?

Hi,

Hope you guys are doing great. Great Forum!

I am jumping the bandwagon for 2014 640i xDrive. I am coming from a 535, and had a 2013 535 or a 2014 640 Gran Coupe in mind. I was wondering whether the speed and dynamics on this (640 GC) car would impress me. This was until I drove one yesterday and blown away.

Following are the things that I considered adding as packages/options. I will be thankful if you can comment and let me know if something else is worth adding or I can remove something not worth the money

640 Gran Coupe (XDrive) with Base MSRP $77,100
  • Exterior Color Black Sapphire Metallic $0
  • Interior Color Amaro Brown Full Merino Leather $5,000 (Just for this interior, I am adding $5K. Do you think Cinnamon Brown Dakota Leather (Free) is too dark, as it seems so from pictures )
  • Fineline Oak Wood Trim $0
  • Cold Weather Package $450
  • Driver Assistance Package $1,900
  • Executive Package $4,500

Total as Built:- $91,400

Here is the link of the ready vehicle:- 640i XDrive Gran Coupe as described Above

Last edited by famaash; 05-12-2013 at 12:30 PM.
Ads by Google
Old 05-12-2013, 01:14 PM

Mein Auto: Rickshaw
Are you leasing?

Suggest:

1) European Delivery (ED)

2) Cinnamon Brown is not very dark. I saw a 650 coupe with CB and it looked ok (of course the hood was open and the day was bright!) But then.......Amaro brown is quite uncommon.

3) If leasing, get a dealer outside NY so you can do security deposits to bring down monthly payment.

Enjoy!
Old 05-12-2013, 01:25 PM

Hi bfv,

Thank you for your feedback.

So right now my car's monthly lease goes near $1200, according to the website. This is at the MSRP of $91,000.

I am buying from a NJ BMW center.
  1. Do you think the dealer could give a discount of 10%-15% off the price of 91,000 on the same car?
  2. What other options do you think I should consider, if I want to reduce the monthly lease to max down and still be good for a buyout (if needed) at the end of the lease?
  3. What's a European Delivery?
  4. On the BMW Site, it is written that if I do lease within the month of May, I may get $5,000 Build Out Credit, $750 Loyalty Cash included in payment and No Destination charges. Does this mean straight $5K out of the total?
  5. How much Sales Tax can I forego if I am coming off of a 5 series (as a Trade-In Vehicle)?

Many Thanks.

Last edited by famaash; 05-12-2013 at 01:26 PM.
Old 05-12-2013, 03:50 PM

Mein Auto: '00 E46 Sedan & '14 GC
European Delivery (ED) is based on you picking your car up at BMW's Welt in Munich. Some of the highlights are:

7% lower MSRP for ED cars.
Many dealers will accept a profit of $500-$1000 added to the Invoice Price for an ED car. (Combined saving will probably be enough to pay for your airline tickets and a few nights in hotels)
You may drive your car for 14 days in Europe at no cost to you - except for gas, hotels, meals, etc.
At the end of your stay you drop the car off at any of BMW's designated drop off points.
The car will be transported to your dealer, or the PCD in Spartanburg, for re-delivery in the US at no cost to you.

BMW goes out of its way to make the delivery and re-delivery experience a great experience for the buyer/leaser. Any one who has gone through the experience will say there is no better way to buy/lease a car.

Last edited by Trinitony; 05-12-2013 at 04:34 PM.
Old 05-12-2013, 04:45 PM

Hi Trinitony,

Thank you for your comment.

I can't think of any way going to Germany to pick up the car ... So is this the only way I can have a discount on MSRP ?

Thanks.
Old 05-12-2013, 06:40 PM

Mein Auto: Rickshaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by famaash View Post
Hi Trinitony,

Thank you for your comment.

I can't think of any way going to Germany to pick up the car ... So is this the only way I can have a discount on MSRP ?

Thanks.
this entire forum and its sub forums are EXCELLENT for finding out best deals in the country. Search is your friend in this case. check out "Ask a dealer" forum for your questions. You may get better deal with a CA on the forum compared to your local guy.

One such fine CA is Adrian Avila.

Old 05-12-2013, 07:01 PM

Mein Auto: '00 E46 Sedan & '14 GC
I am currently focused on leasing a MY 2014 Gran Coupe for European Delivery, so most of my research is about ED deals and I have not spent much time on forums dealing with cars for US delivery. Here are some suggestions that you might try:

1) Try entering "invoice plus" in the search window at the top of this page and see what it finds in the way of pertinent threads.
2) An alternative would be to look up the Site Sponsors, also at the top of this page. Many of them are said to be willing to negotiate good deals.
3) On my last lease the CA I was dealing with said he was not prepared to deal at close to Invoice prices, so I contacted several dealers in the midwest and found several that would accept $500 over Invoice, but this was also an ED deal.
4) Yet another option would be to talk to your local sales manager and ask him if he is prepared to do an invoice "plus" deal at a "plus number" that you feel comfortable with. That saves a lot of time with a CA running back and forth to the sales manager seeing if your last offer will fly. This is what I did this year as I would prefer to lease through my local dealer and I offered him more than I thought I could get from some out of state dealer.
5) The deals on MY 2013 Gran Coupes sound pretty good right now. The only problem will be to find one that's available with the color and options that you want. The incentives to buy a MY 2013 car that is in stock could result in a price below invoice. At present I don't see any incentives being offered on MY 2014 Gran Coupes.

What you have to be careful about is that some dealers will offer a low price but then charge numerous outrageous "fees" and high money factors (or interest rates) to recapture what they failed to get when they offered you a low sales price. I am sure someone who has recently purchased a Gran Coupe will chime in on your thread and will be able to give you some better indication of what you might be able to negotiate. Good luck. I am sure you will be able to arrive at a reasonable deal that will make both you and the dealer happy.

Last edited by Trinitony; 05-12-2013 at 07:03 PM.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:14 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 650xDrive Gran Coupe
MY2013 Gran Coupe

I just leased a MY2013 650xDrive Gran Coupe for $500 over invoice and .0009 MF with no additional fees and only first months payment due at signing. The incentives on 2013 are great, if you can find a vehicle to match your desires. I wanted to have Cold Weather, Luxury Seating, M-Sport, Premium Sound and 20" wheels, but finding an exact match was tough with the colors I wanted. So, the CA I worked with searched the nation-wide inventory and found a vehicle on the East Coast that had what I wanted and about 10K more in options!, but the deal was good enough that the payment stayed within budget and less than what my local guy offered me on a less equipped vehicle.

I would find one of the terrific CA's on this forum and see if they can find a 2013 that meets your criteria and if they can't they will be able to help you with the order. My GC is being shipped to my house! Can't do better than that. To have the whole deal done by email and FedEx, and not having to step foot in a dealership was a true joy.

All the best,
Old 05-13-2013, 09:31 AM

Thanks a lot for your invaluable comments guys!