Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 11-17-2012, 07:59 AM
Test... 1, 2 ,3

Mein Auto: 2012 M3 - 2014 528i
Quote:
Originally Posted by rusha View Post
Restored as new iPhone, put Pandora. Paired. Start the car, music starts playing... I'm leaning towards agreement that this may be how it is supposed to be...

But, music not playing, BT is the source, received phone call, ended phone call, music starts playing... not cool i think
- did you revert the Combox software to the last version or updated to 1005?
- what happens after disabling BT audio in the iDrive, and then after re-enabling it? Same behavior?
- what about another iPhone 5? Apple can exchange it in 20 minutes or so, no questions asked.
Old 11-17-2012, 08:22 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 335i MT Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
- did you revert the Combox software to the last version or updated to 1005?
- what happens after disabling BT audio in the iDrive, and then after re-enabling it? Same behavior?
- what about another iPhone 5? Apple can exchange it in 20 minutes or so, no questions asked.
I did revert, tried same scenario- same results .. Updated again- same results

I tried everything with the exception of another iPhone 5 or another iPhone with IOS 6.. Will try iPhone 4 with iOS 6 later today

Thanks!
Old 11-17-2012, 11:13 AM
Software Engineer

Mein Auto: 2013 335i
Quote:
Bluetooth streaming is not the last source selected in this particular case.

My post reflected that fact.
Music does not have to be playing. If the phone is the active source selected (regardless if music is playing or not) when the car is turned off then what I said holds true.

2013 335i Sport | Mineral White | Leather Dakota Everest Grey | Cold Weather Package | Driver Assistance Package | Premium Package | Technology Package | Auto high beams | Parking Assistant | 6MT

My 335i Photo Gallery
Old 11-17-2012, 03:22 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '13 328xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by golovko View Post
Music does not have to be playing. If the phone is the active source selected (regardless if music is playing or not) when the car is turned off then what I said holds true.
That's how it was explained to me, and that's the experience I had when I did my ED a couple of weeks back. I think this is how BMW designed and intended it to be, for good or bad.
Old 11-17-2012, 05:32 PM
Test... 1, 2 ,3

Quote:
Originally Posted by golovko View Post
Again... this is a question or source selection. The issue here is that the phone is somehow forcing the streaming selection to be the default last source after a phone call, regardless of the actual last source.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:41 PM

So i tried another iPhone 5 - same story/behavior

I even tried this- BT is setup as phone only - no streaming .. iPhone was connected as USB source.. Phone call comes in while music wasn't playing , after call was ended music starts playing again.. another observation - music playing thru BT source - I push volume button - no music is coming from speakers (obviously ) but iPhone also shows that no music is playing

Anyway , seeing dealer on Monday - wonder what I get as a loaner

Thanks!
Old 11-19-2012, 09:02 PM
Software Engineer

Mein Auto: 2013 335i
Quote:

I even tried this- BT is setup as phone only - no streaming .. iPhone was connected as USB source.. Phone call comes in while music wasn't playing , after call was ended music starts playing again.. another observation - music playing thru BT source - I push volume button - no music is coming from speakers (obviously ) but iPhone also shows that no music is playing

Thanks!
That is normal. Pushing the volume button pauses the source except for radio obviously.

2013 335i Sport | Mineral White | Leather Dakota Everest Grey | Cold Weather Package | Driver Assistance Package | Premium Package | Technology Package | Auto high beams | Parking Assistant | 6MT

My 335i Photo Gallery
Old 11-20-2012, 06:03 AM
Test... 1, 2 ,3

Quote:

Thanks!
Which source in the iPhone (iPod Music or music app) is this music playing from?

Which iDrive audio source was active just before, and then after the call?
Old 11-20-2012, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Which source in the iPhone (iPod Music or music app) is this music playing from?

Which iDrive audio source was active just before, and then after the call?
it was iPod Music app and audio source was USB
Old 11-20-2012, 10:30 AM
Test... 1, 2 ,3

Quote:
it was iPod Music app and audio source was USB
If the starting iDrive source is FM, iPhone is set to no music playing and paired/connected to car, phone call received and finished via Bluetooth and then music starts playing from iPhone -what is the resulting iDrive source?

I think that the real problem is with the iDrive unit source selection algorithm defaulting to iPod audio (either via USB or BT Audio) after a phone call. iPod audio plays automatically if you select it at the iDrive, so that could explain why this is happening without direct user selection. Any other music app requires a direct user selection for music to play.

I have noticed random source audio problems with my iDrive CIC and iPhone USB connections. Either audio is not routed to the CIC -iPhone speakers play instead while USB is connected and displayed at the iDrive screen- or no audio at all only until after I select any other source. Then iPhone audio is routed to the OEM audio system.

This may be solved by an iDrive and Combox firmware update.