Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - 2015)

7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - 2015)
The 5th generation F01/F02 BMW 7 Series flagship forum. The redesigned 7 series leads off the BMW Fxx chassis code, offering an 8 speed automatic transmission and all turbocharged engine options.

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2016, 12:04 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 750i xDrive
N63TU vs N63 Differences!!

Posted from 2 members (not sure if from bimmerfest) in 2 different threads.

Quote:
N63tu has a new cylinder head with Valvetronic Direct Injection

Vanos system is derived from the N55 engine

N63TU had new cast piston made by Mahle

N63TU has new forged connecting rods and crankshaft

Engine has its own oil catch can system where it drains excess oil back into the oil pan

Uses Bosch fuel injectors and pump from the N55 and N20

No longer uses blow off valves in the N63TU

There is two DME (ECU) one on each side of the motor

It has two separate cooling systems. One to cool the air to water intercoolers and both DME's with its own secondary radiator while the second main one cools the engine/turbo chargers. Even the DME's has coolant lines going into them!

There is a traditional mechanical coolant pump and also an additional electric coolant pump.

The electric pump can run up to 30mins max after the engine is shut off

Electrical fan can run up to 11mins max after the engine is shut off

The N63TU has revised turbos with more turbine blades
Quote:
Engine mechanical
New cylinder head due to use of the Turbo Valvetronic Direct Injection (TVDI) procedure
3rd generation Valvetronic
New valvetrain with modified timing
Adoption of VANOS from the N55 engine
New cylinder head cover with adapted crankcase ventilation
Pistons with modified piston crown geometry
New connecting rod with even pitch and adaptation of the crankcase due to modified connecting rod shape
Adapted crankshaft
Chain drive with modified guide rails and an extruded chain with 142 elements.

Oil supply
Pendulum slide cell pump with small overall width
Eight individual oil spray nozzles for piston crown cooling.

Cooling
Integration of the two engine control units in the low-temperature circuit and cooling over the back panel with cooling pipe
Expansion tank under the left side wall with separate filling hopper.

Intake and exhaust emission systems
Adaptation of the manifold for the air intake duct due to new geometry of the cylinder head cover
Use of the hot film air mass meter 7
Adoption of the charge air temperature and intake-manifold pressure sensor from the N20 engine
Exhaust turbocharger with new compressor and modified wastegate valves
Discontinuation of the blow-off valves.

Vacuum system
Two-stage vacuum pump with new arrangement of the bolt connection
Vacuum reservoir for the wastegate valves in the V-area of the engine.

Fuel preparation
Use of the known high-pressure injection with injectors and high pressure pump HDP5
Discontinuation of fuel low-pressure sensor

Engine management system
New dual control unit concept with one control unit per bank
Oil level sensor with an additional temperature sensor in the main oil duct behind the starter motor.
Old 10-08-2016, 10:35 PM
Almay

Mein Auto: 2012 BMW 750Li
Seriously, can one of you moderators slow this kid down a bit? You can see him simply bringing much chaos in yet I am getting warned for addressing aka attacking the member. His parents just bought him the car and he has been posting like crazy and actually now claiming he is an expert on the car. Do some real moderating and put a stop to his madness.
Old 10-08-2016, 11:17 PM

Mein Auto: 2001 Z3 S54 M Coupe
I second this motion. The cutting and pasting from Google searches I can overlook as just being "over enthusiastic." However, posting misinformation or opinion as fact de-values the entire forum, and is quite possibly dangerous.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Last edited by sgs54mc; 10-08-2016 at 11:22 PM.
Old 10-08-2016, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monsterrailroad View Post
Seriously, can one of you moderators slow this kid down a bit? You can see him simply bringing much chaos in yet I am getting warned for addressing aka attacking the member. His parents just bought him the car and he has been posting like crazy and actually now claiming he is an expert on the car. Do some real moderating and put a stop to his madness.
I am actually far smarter than you could ever imagine son.
Old 10-08-2016, 11:48 PM
That Guy w/ the Modded GT

Mein Auto: BMW 550i GT LCI
Quote:
I don't like to create drama on the forums, I think it's pointless. But this is the same guy who apparently wanted to throw a 550i badge on his E60 530i just to make it look more expensive

I think he means well, but is just a bit too enthusiastic sometimes, to put it nicely.

Say Goodbye to the Old GT. Say Hello to my New LCI.

Different. Bold. Unconventional.

Follow me on Instagram at: www.instagram.com/TheBlackGT

CCA Member: 477510

Last edited by TheBlackGT; 10-08-2016 at 11:59 PM.
Old 10-09-2016, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackGT View Post
I don't like to create drama on the forums, I think it's pointless. But this is the same guy who apparently wanted to throw a 550i badge on his E60 530i just to make it look more expensive

I think he means well, but is just a bit too enthusiastic sometimes, to put it nicely.
Bringing that stuff back like they did with decade old Trump video that went viral.

I did throw that 550i back on the 545i.. I felt bad after a while and removed it. I went quad exhaust, LCI, many other things but I failed to post the updates because it didn't seem to matter.

I knew if I went AMG or something the whole BMW journey would be lost. Because the 545i was accidentally lost in a hydrolock, I decided to keep the plates from it and put it on the new car. Now, it has the plates of the 545i.

Last edited by AntDX316; 10-09-2016 at 12:07 AM.
Old 10-09-2016, 08:27 AM
Almay

Quote:

It is simply madness. I saw his previous actions and he is doing the same stuff here. I will not say it is a bit too enthusiastic, it is chaos. He is the kid in the group that feels he knows more than everyone else and will argue it to no end. He will simply exhaust you. That is not enthusiasm. He did the same thing on the E60 forum and now he is here doing it again. Years later, the same actions! He did not even buy the car but rather got it bought for him by his parents yet he says he is an expert in all things 750Li. GTFOH. Stop this madness.
Old 10-09-2016, 10:20 AM

Quote:
It is simply madness. I saw his previous actions and he is doing the same stuff here. I will not say it is a bit too enthusiastic, it is chaos. He is the kid in the group that feels he knows more than everyone else and will argue it to no end. He will simply exhaust you. That is not enthusiasm. He did the same thing on the E60 forum and now he is here doing it again. Years later, the same actions! He did not even buy the car but rather got it bought for him by his parents yet he says he is an expert in all things 750Li. GTFOH. Stop this madness.
I'm sharing my findings because before I got the car I knew nothing about it. I'm putting together what I find and sharing the info. If you don't like it then you gtfoh.

It's like all you know is a plain cookie but before, I knew nothing about cookies. I then found out it's possible to have chocolate chip cookies/oatmeal cookies, tell you but you are like no stfu you are wrong and think you know more about cookies than me. I argue to the end that they exist and how to make but you still insist it is wrong. I get confused and think you are a huge idiot and cannot ignore it. I then try to constantly "evangelize" but I keep getting shutdown.

Last edited by AntDX316; 10-09-2016 at 10:28 AM.
Old 10-09-2016, 10:50 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 ActiveHybrid 750 Li
What the others are trying to say is that you're posting items from the forum that those that are here have already read, and possibly contributed to. Your first line (Posted from 2 members (not sure if from bimmerfest) in 2 different threads.) essentially said it's just taken from another post. Why bother? Those here have probably read it, or it's probably somewhere in this (7-series) forum too. Original post is here (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...22&postcount=6).

Some of your other posts have just re-resurrected old topics, and argued that some of the coding will work when others have already confirmed it doesn't. Instead of posting new threads, post in the existing ones (so it doesn't really confuse people that it's a new thread with new information, when it really isn't, and just gives conflicting, often incorrect, information).

You have posted a lot. I am now looking at threads you've started and ignoring them. Ultimately you may not care, but in the interest of this being a place to share information (as opposed to just figuratively liking the sound of your own voice), why not actually contribute as opposed to regurgitate old information?
Old 10-09-2016, 11:07 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW 750i
Quote:
Originally Posted by julianbenjamin View Post
You have posted a lot. I am now looking at threads you've started and ignoring them. Ultimately you may not care, but in the interest of this being a place to share information (as opposed to just figuratively liking the sound of your own voice), why not actually contribute as opposed to regurgitate old information?
The bigger problem is that when he posts, he is usually either giving bad advice or incorrect information. It's annoying for others to have to fact check him and then get into an argument when he disagrees.
Old 10-09-2016, 11:14 AM

It's for the new people. I assume you guys are just jealous you don't have an N63T/TU engine. I wasn't rubbing it in and being ****. You put that on your ownselves. Some people who are looking to buy an F01/F02 don't know what they will get into if it's 2009-2012. I pity the people who will have huge engine headaches with the N63 non-T. Having a hydrolock due to a leaking fuel injector far out of warranty would be bad. I'm trying to "save" them. Yet, you guys are trying to stop me from helping people who need the info.

Last edited by AntDX316; 10-09-2016 at 11:18 AM.
Old 10-09-2016, 11:28 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW 750i
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntDX316 View Post
Some people who are looking to buy an F01/F02 don't know what they will get into if it's 2009-2012. I pity the people who will have huge engine headaches with the N63 non-T. Having a hydrolock due to a leaking fuel injector far out of warranty would be bad. I'm trying to "save" them. Yet, you guys are trying to stop me from helping people who need the info.
That's not what this thread will do, it's way too technical for the majority of owners and also doesn't say anything about N63 vs. N63T reliability. Do you even know what causes leaky injectors in the N63 and why the N63T wouldn't have the same issue?

If someone is doing their research before buying a vehicle, they will certainly see threads on various boards about N63 CCP. If someone isn't doing any research, no amount of posting will help.
Old 10-09-2016, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin750 View Post
That's not what this thread will do, it's way too technical for the majority of owners and also doesn't say anything about N63 vs. N63T reliability. Do you even know what causes leaky injectors in the N63 and why the N63T wouldn't have the same issue?

If someone is doing their research before buying a vehicle, they will certainly see threads on various boards about N63 CCP. If someone isn't doing any research, no amount of posting will help.
I know, I get too technical at times for people to understand..

It's the lack of presentation experience to relate to people on other levels other than what I only know.
Old 10-09-2016, 01:00 PM
Freude am Fahren

Mein Auto: BMW E63 650i
Quote:
Originally Posted by theblackgt View Post
i don't like to create drama on the forums, i think it's pointless. But this is the same guy who apparently wanted to throw a 550i badge on his e60 530i just to make it look more expensive

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1476039621.263787.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	466.1 KB
ID:	578625
Old 10-09-2016, 02:15 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 750Li
Quote:

It's the lack of presentation experience to relate to people on other levels other than what I only know.
So far you've posted wrong info the majority of the time, exposed your lack of knowledge repeatedly, insulted other members about nonsense, pretended you have magic spacers, advocated never changing rotors, marveled at an M sport suspension that doesn't exist, screwed up your own coding, repeated info already available everywhere, spouted off technical stuff you clearly don't comprehend, and irritated a lot of people with your duplicate threads of garbage.

Congratulations - you are a prototypical millennial. You know more than anyone else and you're waiting for someone to hand you a participation trophy for all your excellent posts. At least you are offering to "save" people from making a bad decision with info that only populates 500 threads on here already.
Old 10-09-2016, 03:45 PM
Almay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftlane11 View Post
So far you've posted wrong info the majority of the time, exposed your lack of knowledge repeatedly, insulted other members about nonsense, pretended you have magic spacers, advocated never changing rotors, marveled at an M sport suspension that doesn't exist, screwed up your own coding, repeated info already available everywhere, spouted off technical stuff you clearly don't comprehend, and irritated a lot of people with your duplicate threads of garbage.

Congratulations - you are a prototypical millennial. You know more than anyone else and you're waiting for someone to hand you a participation trophy for all your excellent posts. At least you are offering to "save" people from making a bad decision with info that only populates 500 threads on here already.

Let's not forget that we are all jealous because he has a 2013 750Li. He is truly convinced that we are jealous of anything. I addressed this issue last week but I was actually told I was given a warning for attacking a member. It is not attacking at all. It is calling the guy out for his lack of anything. We can all admit that at the VERY LEAST he is just mad annoying and it is only getting worse. I actually took the time to read some of those old threads on the E60 forums and all the members there had the same issues with him. It is simply nonsense that the moderators are allowing his actions of posting totally fabricated results of anything!

You have to love how he talked about his car having some unique adjusting suspension and what made it even more funnier was how he noticed it when his DAD got into his car to back it up for him. I read how he bragged about his parents buying him the car over in the E60 Forum in the first place and it all started from there over to here weeks ago.

He will NOT "get better", he will NOT slow/calm down with time and he will NOT back down when he is corrected or found to be wrong in ANY situation because he does not have the ability to do so as it has shown over and over again at the E60 forum. He is just mad annoying and it is making this forum get really old quickly!

Last edited by Monsterrailroad; 10-09-2016 at 03:49 PM.
Old 10-09-2016, 06:16 PM

Mein Auto: 2001 Z3 S54 M Coupe
Quote:

No Anthony... it's not about you being "too technical," it's the fact that you are misinformed much of the time, or you present unsubstantiated opinions as fact. That information can potentially damage people's vehicles.

It is evident that you have a very high opinion of yourself - that's fine, but a bit sad that this little forum on the internet is your outlet for proving it. If you're so smart, why do you not realize that you are alienating people on the forum(s)? If you can't "relate to people on other levels," why be here? (These are rhetorical questions by the way.)

Please pump the brakes very hard, or go find a forum with other people you can relate to. Hopefully they will revere your vast knowledge more than us, and give you the audience you desperately require.
Old 10-09-2016, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07 E63650i View Post
LMFAO

Not even relating to the thread, that meme just has me rolling

Age is only a number in my opinion, maturity is a whole different story.

Last edited by TheBlackGT; 10-09-2016 at 07:57 PM.
Old 10-09-2016, 08:13 PM

I'm currently coding with my updated database right now. ISTA/D, this stuff is awesome!!!
Old 10-09-2016, 08:15 PM
Freude am Fahren

Quote:
LMFAO

Not even relating to the thread, that meme just has me rolling

Age is only a number in my opinion, maturity is a whole different story.

Hey, don't you know Keepittrill and Pranav?

I think I might have seen your IG page.
Old 10-09-2016, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Hey, don't you know Keepittrill and Pranav?

I think I might have seen your IG page.
Pranav with the F01? Yeah man, that's my bro!

I dont recall Keepittrill, maybe I know him by his car/face/name

And thanks for checking out the page btw if you have

Old 10-09-2016, 09:18 PM

You know.. I'm thinking if I mess with the "suspension" and VDM coding that I could get alpina B7 settings?
Old 10-09-2016, 09:45 PM
Freude am Fahren

Quote:
Pranav with the F01? Yeah man, that's my bro!

I dont recall Keepittrill, maybe I know him by his car/face/name

And thanks for checking out the page btw if you have

Sweet man.

I've been good buddies with Ali and Pranav. Nice to meet you.
Old 10-09-2016, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Sweet man.

I've been good buddies with Ali and Pranav. Nice to meet you.
Those are my guys! Pleasure is mine bro.

Closed Thread

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - 2015)
Today's Posts Search