Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 11-13-2012, 08:18 PM

Mein Auto: 2007 BMW X3
Does anyone Lease the X3 anymore???

I am considering leasing an X3 this go around since I have a company car for work and like the idea of not having to worry about repairs or maintenance for the duration of the lease. My CPO 2007 X3 has caused me a lot of sleepless nights. I have only seen people talking about the purchase price of the X3 but was curious if there are still good deals on the leasing side and if it makes sense anymore? Any input would be greatly appreciated!
Old 11-16-2012, 11:37 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 Z4 35is
We leased my wifes X3 2.8i recently. Her payment went up $25 a month from a purchase on a Mazda SUV. Seems like a good way to go to me.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:27 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Herdfan80
Mein Auto: Mazda
We are leasing as well. We're upgrading from a Mazda cx-7 to an x3 or Volvo xc60. Leasing either way. Leaning towards the x3 at this point.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:45 PM

Mein Auto: x3
We're leasing, protects us if the car is a lemon an technological changes that might be developed in the future for a few $$$ more. Love the vehicle and might keep it after lease expires.
Old 11-17-2012, 11:23 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 X3 28i
I just picked up my x3 yesterday and it is a lease.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:51 PM
Iwanna330Cic

Mein Auto: '11 E91 & '12 Z4 3.5i
My wife is considering the X3 as a replacement for her Lexus RX350. This would be a lease if she goes ahead with it.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:55 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 X3 M-Sport
hmm, if my car caused me sleepless nights I wouldn't buy another car from the manufacturer. By an Acura or Lexus and sleep soundly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlgarry View Post
I am considering leasing an X3 this go around since I have a company car for work and like the idea of not having to worry about repairs or maintenance for the duration of the lease. My CPO 2007 X3 has caused me a lot of sleepless nights. I have only seen people talking about the purchase price of the X3 but was curious if there are still good deals on the leasing side and if it makes sense anymore? Any input would be greatly appreciated!
Old 12-02-2012, 06:56 PM
BMWCCA

Mein Auto: 11 Z4 35is/ED & 12 X3 28i
I am leasing X3 , and using it mainly for winter commuting. I like the idea of replacing every 3 years. My summer (3-seasons) car is Z4 (not leased). Other than winter commuting, the X3 is used for shopping, transporting large/bulky loads, and going to rough roads (places for higher clearance vehices).

One of the lease agreements is the mileage limits (30,000 miles / 3 years). Also, I understand that I cannot put any stickers on the X3, except state insection on the windshield. The car must be in clean conditions. But, I am fine with these restrictions.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:17 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 M3 coupe ZCP DCT
Most likely I will be leasing the X3 which will be wife's DD. To OP original statement, regardless of financing type (lease vs. traditional), you should always negotiate the purchase price. With a lease, there are more parts in the negotiation process including money factor and acquisition fee. Both of which are often marked-up by the F&I Mgr for back-end profit.