Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 11-17-2012, 04:54 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Passat 1.8T MT
Some questions about the different seats

Do the Sport-line seats come with lumbar support or do you need to the get Premium package for that. Is lumbar power of manual?

Finally, the M-sport seats seem to get their own designation. How different are they from the Sport-line seats?

Thanks.
Advertisement
Old 11-17-2012, 06:08 PM

Mein Auto: AW F30 328i Sportline
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw_or_audi View Post
Do the Sport-line seats come with lumbar support or do you need to the get Premium package for that. Is lumbar power of manual?

Finally, the M-sport seats seem to get their own designation. How different are they from the Sport-line seats?

Thanks.
Someone correct me if I'm mistaken. Sport Line seats WITHOUT the premium package come with lumbar support built in but it is non-adjustable.

No difference between M-Sport and Sportline seats.
Old 11-17-2012, 07:21 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via Skype™ to jfox335i
Mein Auto: 2010 E90 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 755MSL View Post
Someone correct me if I'm mistaken. Sport Line seats WITHOUT the premium package come with lumbar support built in but it is non-adjustable.

Not sure w/o PP. with PP, the sport seats do have lumbar support and it is adjustable electronically. I never use it, feels like someone poking me in the back.

BMWCCA #471315
Old 11-17-2012, 09:49 PM

Mein Auto: Looking for a new car!
In the Sport Line, the leaher seats have highlighted stitching in them. For example, the black leather seats in the Sport Line have red stitching highlights in them. In the M Sport Line, black leather seats are all black with no off color stitching.

The red stitching on the black leather Sport Line seats is one of the reasons I will not buy a Sport Line. Looks too Cameroish for my tastes.

These locked in configurations for options and colors for the variois Lines in the F30 series are a big detractor for me personally.
Old 11-18-2012, 12:20 AM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 755MSL View Post

Nope. Lumbar support ONLY comes with the premium package. Lumbar support is power. It is adjustable in and out and up and down.

The color of the stitching is the only difference between the Sport and M Sport seats. Calling them M Sport seats is really a misnomer.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

** Join the BMW CCA www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!! **

Last edited by tturedraider; 11-18-2012 at 12:25 AM.