Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 11-19-2012, 01:01 PM
Boom335

Mein Auto: 335i XDrive
BMW Full Check-up

I had an accident last week & my car is in the body shop. It's getting repaired right now - the front grill, head lamps etc. are getting replaced. However, my biggest concern is about all the other things which might have gone wrong and not identified now & hence not fixed.

I wouldn't have worried about it much if not for my warranty expiring next month. Wondering if there is any full check-up kinda thing where I can get my car inspected and checked completely..

I called the dealer up here in NJ & he says "there is no full check-up sort of thing. The car runs its self diagnostic and if anything is wrong it should come up.".. I understand what he is saying, but i'm not very confident that the self diagnostic tool would identify any potential problems which can be identified by a good tech./service engineer.

Any suggestions on what can be done?

I also asked for the cost for extending my warranty, the dealer quoted me $4000+ for warranty and $2000+ for maintenance package. I don't have the budget to spend 4K on warranty but i'm also afraid something might come up later which might cost me a lot more.. :-(

09 335i XDrive Sedan
39K miles.
Advertisement
Old 11-19-2012, 05:26 PM

Mein Auto: 335i M (mine) 128i (hers)
There are other 3rd party maint. Programs cheaper than BMW, look them up for sure ...and to agree with you just today had car in for something and maint. guy came up and said "we can't upsell warranty work, but you need to tell me A/C isn't working", the inspection didn't show it but the tech knew and told me. so in short most guys would have left it ... So things are overlooked, or just not reported.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:58 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2007 x5 3.0...2009 328i
Hello Boom32...If you want a thorough, unbiased inspection, I would advise you to find a solid indy shop. They will not have their own agenda, and do not have to appease BMW in any way (see Cartier's AC issue). Good Luck
Old 11-20-2012, 09:57 AM
Boom335

Mein Auto: 335i XDrive
Thank you Callaway845 & Cartier. I think I'll go with an independent repair shop to get a complete unbiased inspection.

I'm searching for 3rd party maintenance programs now. Looking back into the maintenance done on the car, I definitely don't think the $2000 price for another 2 yrs is worth it..