Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > The Detail Department

The Detail Department
Detailing tips, tricks to keep your bimmer in showroom condition.

Old 11-23-2011, 09:32 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2008 550i 6spd manual
How do you get rid of cigarette odor from a car?

I am considering buying a BMW e60. I have found one car that I like. However, the previous owner smoked in the car. Is there any way of getting rid of the awful smell of cigarettes from the car's interior?
Advertisement
Old 11-24-2011, 03:09 AM

Mein Auto: Jaguar XKE
DrivePur Smok- is very effective at eliminating cigarette and other odors. It has the ability to penetrate, seek out and react with the components of tobacco smoke (tar and nicotine) dissolving and converting them into gaseous molecules without causing any damage to fabrics, materials or hard surfaces.

Allergen, Odour and Germ removal Systems - http://www.autopia.org/forum/guide-d...ml#post1459219
Old 11-24-2011, 10:05 AM

Mein Auto: 335ISC + 535XI + 335i
Or try and find someone w an ozone generator
Old 11-24-2011, 03:02 PM

Mein Auto: 2009 X5 xDrive35d
Clean Air

Quote:
Originally Posted by e39 dave View Post
I am considering buying a BMW e60. I have found one car that I like. However, the previous owner smoked in the car. Is there any way of getting rid of the awful smell of cigarettes from the car's interior?
Detailers Domain (one of Bimmerfest sponsor) has a product called AQuartz Clean Air. It is a nano technology product that reacts in the presence of light and works well in cleaning out all sorts of odor. The only thing you need to be careful about it, is that it may fade dark surface. Check it out!!
Old 11-24-2011, 03:14 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 535i
Wad up a dryer sheet (Bounce) ad stuff in the ash tray.

It will absorb most odors. However, if the previous owner smoked a lot in the car, carpets/upholstery may need to be replaced to remove all the smoke damage.
Old 11-26-2011, 03:42 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 Black Sapphire 750IL
ZorbX, get it at Lowe's

Last edited by BigWhup; 11-26-2011 at 03:45 PM.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:23 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 328i
urine odor in floor of my car

The floor of my BMW smells like urine and I haven't the slightest idea how to get it out. I really need help with it. It smells bad.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:14 AM

Mein Auto: Jaguar XKE
Un-Duz-It - is a concentrated, professional quality formula that utilizes enzymes to digest the bacteria, it utilizes bio-enzymes – the complex organic substances formed in the living cells of plants and animals – as catalysts for the decomposition of organic-related odours and stains. -It is effective on all water-safe surfaces including carpets, rugs, drapes, upholstery, mattresses, wood, plastic, clothing, vinyl, trash containers, concrete, tile and more. TOTL
Old 11-14-2012, 07:36 AM

Mein Auto: 335d now gone
I rented an ozone machine from a local rental shop and ran it overnight inside the car. It did a pretty good job but when winter arrived and I turned on the heater it all came back worse than ever. I traded in the car the following day.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:27 AM

Mein Auto: 99...540i
You need to get a good detailer that has a O Zone machine...He can do a detail on the inside this includes cleaning the air ducts with a chemical that eliminates the odors that are trapped in there, then run the O Zone machine over night and that should take 99.9% of the odor.

Its Going To Cost How Much???????
Old 11-14-2012, 11:15 AM
The King of Common Sense

Send a message via Skype™ to Dave 330i
Mein Auto:
wash down entire interior with ammonia solution. Do a deep wet scrub of the carpet where smoke is absorbed and use a wet vac to pickup the water. Leave windows open forever and drive with the heater full blast. One day, the smell will be gone.

Swim upstream. Go the other way. Ignore the conventional wisdom. If everybody is doing it one way, there’s a good chance you can find your niche by going exactly in the opposite direction", Sam Walton.

Last edited by Dave 330i; 11-14-2012 at 11:20 AM.