Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Classifieds > Cars - Private Party

Cars - Private Party
Do you have a car for sale? Are you looking for a new BMW? Check here daily as well as searching on craigslist and eBay Motors

Old 03-21-2013, 12:15 AM

Mein Auto: '10 VW Golf TDI
FS - '03 325xi - SOLD

I am selling my 2003 BMW 325xi, with low 86,700 miles in very good condition (see below for details). Bought as a CPO car, I am the second owner and have had it for 6 years. This has been my go-to car for skiing trips to Tahoe, and it never needed chains. Everything works and the car runs fine, no drivetrain issues, electrical problems or rust. Selling primarily due to cost/benefit analysis; simply put, it is not driven enough to justify the ownership expense anymore, as I commute in my other car now.

Options:

• steel blue metallic exterior/gray interior
  • automatic
  • leather seats
  • xenon headlights
  • premium pkg
  • cold weather pkg

New parts (replaced within last 12 months):
  • front brakes
  • alternator
  • both front axles
  • thermostat
  • cooling fan
  • control arm bushings

Other than the clear sidemarkers (I have the original ones though) and the plus-zero size tires, the car is completely stock.

Now, as I think it's important be honest in each transaction, here's the description of work still needed. Note that these are just wear and tear items and not defects, and it makes no sense for me to invest in fully reconditioning the car at this point, as I'd rather account for it in the asking price.
  • Tires. The front ones need to be replaced, rears can go 5-10K miles. I have had a set of Bridgestone Potenza Pole Position 225/50R16, and with a new set of these tires the car will handle like it's on rails, as it had suspension work done just last year (see above).
  • Power steering ($400-$500). The car is perfectly drivable but moisture has been noted on the outside of PS hose, so it will require preemptive replacement of the hose/reservoir.
  • Part of outer window liner on RR side is missing. The impact is only cosmetic as the inner rubber door seal is water-tight. Will need to be replaced at some point but not urgent.

The car just had oil service/inspection from a reputable local shop, and there are no issues to deal with besides what I listed here. In addition, I have all service records since taking ownership. I even have the original window sticker and CPO fact sheet. Clear title/no accidents - see vehicle history report here. CA registration is paid through August, smog cert current.

Asking $7500, also can throw in genuine BMW roof rack as a bonus if needed (these may typically run $200+ if bought separately). The price pretty much already reflects the work needed, so please keep that in mind.

The car is located in San Francisco, CA. Please be reasonably local as I will not offer a discount to ship the vehicle.

Last edited by troll-free; 04-11-2013 at 12:58 AM. Reason: No longer available
Ads by Google
Old 03-28-2013, 09:58 PM

bump
Old 04-07-2013, 12:40 PM

Still available.