Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E39 (1997 - 2003)

E39 (1997 - 2003)
The BMW 5-Series (E39 chassis) was introduced in the United States as a 1997 model year car and lasted until the 2004 when the E60 chassis was released. The United States saw several variations including the 525i, 528i, 530i and 540i. -- View the E39 Wiki

Old 11-18-2012, 07:57 PM
NADAVAN

Mein Auto: 2002 525it
rockauto euro market car?

Browsing through rockauto looking for stuff I'll be needing and they have the EU, American, and/or Canadian flags by each of the parts. You're supposed to select the flag that is appropriate for the market where your car was sold. I wonder how critical that is for a German car? If I choose a tie rod for a euro market e39, will it fit my American spec car?

Some parts have more than one flag by them, but not all.
What has been your experience?
Ads by Google
Old 11-19-2012, 02:00 AM
DINAN 5

Mein Auto: E39
only a rare few parts are going to differ. Tie rods will likely be the same.

One example of parts that are different, is mirrors. I tried to order some mirrors for my E39 and the European market mirrors are different than US (Euro is blue tint and aspherical, USDM is no tint and flat glass on drivers side, convex on passenger side). I actually wanted to order the middle eastern E39 mirrors because they have funny writing on them, but they are difficult to obtain since I can't write or speak whatever language that is.

Check these out: #1 is European market, #2 UKDM, #3 and 4 are USDM (North American market), #5 is middle east

Old 11-19-2012, 08:53 AM
Fueled By Gasoline

Mein Auto: 1988 E30 Super ETA 325
i look on there for Range Rover parts. But they are all the same between North American Market and everywhere else. The only differences are the side of the Steering wheel and Steering box. Half the crap I order for the range rover comes form Europe anyway. Its cheaper to order even with shipping.