Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)

X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
E70 BMW X5 produced between 2007 and 2013. Discuss the E70 X5 with other BMW owners here.

Old 11-16-2012, 03:27 PM

Mein Auto: 04 Duramax 09 BMW X5
Base seat, Sport seat, Comfort seat

Okay newb ? once again, after numberous searches I think I have ascertained that the X5 has one of three seat configurations, correct? In searching various car trader ads in the 2008 to 2010my I notice either a seat bottom that has a fixed bolster(if that's the right word), movable perhaps manually and one that flares out at the front sides and I'm assuming moves electrically. Before I started searching in ernest I had assumed BMWs all had the adjustable length on the seat bottom.

Can someone spell out the different seat configs or point me to something that will explain it to me.

TIA, Tom
Advertisement
Old 11-16-2012, 04:34 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: X5 50i M-Sport PP, 135i
Standard seats have no thigh extension, Sport has manual narrow thigh extension, and comfort has power/flared thigh extension. Comfort also has power lumbar, side bolster, and articulating (double adjustable) backrest.
Old 11-17-2012, 07:14 AM

Thank you, much appreciated.
Old 11-17-2012, 10:49 AM
'12 X5 35d Black-on-Black

Mein Auto: X5d Ski Machine-Blk Betty
My sport seats are a bit "tight" in the upper side lumbar support. I am not a huge guy (5'10" & weigh 210) but do have a (relatively) wide chest/back. With my old 7-series comfort, I had the side "wings" all the way out. I can't make that adjustment with the new sport so it's a bit "tighter" than I would prefer but viable. Make certain you sit in each version before deciding. Changing to the full comfort would probably be the only change I would make on this vehicle.

This sport DOES have the manual pull out leg extensions and that is fine. You will find that once you find what you like, you hardly ever change that part of the seat. As a matter of fact, I don't think I ever changed it on my 750Li at all the entire 4 years I owned it

'12 X5d Sapphire/Black/Bamboo, Sport (ZAP), Premium (ZPP) & Premium Sound(ZPS) packages: 20" 214's, OEM Hitch
'11 Victory Ness Cross Country!!!
GONE - '06 750Li Sapphire Black/Creme&Black (Loadeddddd)

Last edited by ndabunka; 11-17-2012 at 10:52 AM.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:28 AM

Good info, Thanks.