Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion pertaining to the flagship BMW here.

Old 11-24-2012, 09:12 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Nothing
Removing rear seat/interior trim

Hey guys, I know alot of you guys paint the interior trim that like everything else is made so poorly.. well I was able to get a great deal on buying them brand new from dealer.. basically half price.. so I paid $160 for all the fronts and $200 for the rears. My question is, I have searched and figured out how to get the back seat out.. I guess I pull the bottom up and then there are two bolts that are where the seat was that will undo the backrest and then I just pull out of car.. my question is, as long as that is correct that should be no problem, but is there anything involved in removing the plastic trims that the rear seatbelts go into? I see they are cut from the factory to get the belts in and out, so I am assuming they should just pop out like everything else.. but I wanted to run it by you guys just incase..

I also noticed there are two plugs above the seatbelts on these trim, and on eBay I found a used trim with a light in that spot.. I am wondering if all cars are wired for them and if I could just purchase them and add them.. Also, I don't believe I have any rear airbags, so is there anything I should watch out for re: removing rear seat or around seatbelts? Thanks!
Ads by Google