Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series > F12 / F13 (2012 - Current)

F12 / F13 (2012 - Current)
The all new 3rd generation 6 series coupe (F13) and convertible (F12) forum. The F06 BMW 6 Series Gran Coupe forum is here

Old 12-18-2012, 07:08 PM

Mein Auto: 6 series convertible
Few more questions if I may please...

2013 650i, when I turn off the car my radio and screen stays on I would like that to Go all black when I turn the car off like any other car but the screen stays on even when i do turn off the radio and draws the battery.
I just want it to all turn off when I push the stop/off button when exiting the car. It does all go off if I lock the car but some time I don't want to lock the car.

I would like the camera to show me the big picture of whats behind the car on the screen instead of the smallish car to show me what may be laying behind the car...

I'll think of a few more soon.

How do I correct settings?
Advertisement
Old 12-18-2012, 07:42 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW 2012 650i xDrive
Hit the Engine On/Off button a second time - first kills the engine and second kills the inside electronics (locking the car either with the remote or Comfort Access will also kill the electronics).

My car shows a big pic from the rear camera when I put it in reverse or manually activate it using the console button. The only other option I have is to get rid of the rear camera and have a bigger view of the sensor graphic (I don't have the driver assistance package that gives the bird's eye view option).

I don't think any of these things can be changed under settings. Maybe recoding is available, but I don't play that game.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1355888456.465266.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	353777   Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1355888496.394179.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	353778   Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1355888544.157229.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	353779  

650i xDrive Coupe (2012), Carbon Black/Black/Gray Poplar, M Sport, Full LEDs, 20" 373M Wheels, ARS,
HUD, CWP, Premium Sound, Nappa Dash w/ Contrast Stitching, Ceramic Controls, BMW Apps, PCD
http://www.youtube.com/user/Southern6er22
http://southern6er22.blogspot.com/
Old 12-18-2012, 11:56 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 650i Convertible
Like Southern said, pressing the button twice will make everything go dark. It's no different than a conventional key where if you turn that back half way, it will shut the engine off but leave the accessories on. I think it's a pretty good feature if you're waiting to pick someone up but want to leave the radio on and not sitting there with the engine idling. Many people in other forums have complained about this but in reality, it takes a fraction of a second to hit the button a second time. I'm not saying that you're complaining lol, but many others have.

Next, the rear view camera. I assume you have the top view cameras that show the 360 deg pic of the car surroundings. If you look at the 2nd pic posted by Southern of the idrive showing the rear view camera image. On the top left of the idrive screen, you will see an camera icon with an "R" superimposed over it and a check mark. Toggling that icon will change between top view (360 deg) and rear view.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Bimmer App

Last edited by Itinj6; 12-18-2012 at 11:57 PM.
Old 12-19-2012, 01:52 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 f12 was 2010 E63
I know there are a lot of features in the car but these are the basics and should have been reviewed at delivery by the dealership. These questions, although answered in the manual, are subtle enough not to be obvious.

2012 650i xDrive|Vermillion Red Metallic | Cinnamon Brown Nappa Leather | Fine Line Oak Wood Trim | ARS | 20" Wheels | Active Cruise Control | HUD | Night Vision | LED Lights | Heated seats | Heated Steering Wheel | Ski bag | Active front seats | Premium hi-fi system | Satellite radio | Plus more

Former ride 2010 Deep Sea Blue 650i

Last edited by pan; 12-19-2012 at 01:54 PM.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:21 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 650i Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by pan View Post
I know there are a lot of features in the car but these are the basics and should have been reviewed at delivery by the dealership. These questions, although answered in the manual, are subtle enough not to be obvious.
Agreed... but personally, I enjoy exploring the systems and idrive on my own (pressing buttons, twisting knobs, clicking icons, etc). That's part of the excitement of getting something new

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Bimmer App