Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)

X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
E70 BMW X5 produced between 2007 and 2013. Discuss the E70 X5 with other BMW owners here.

Old 11-18-2012, 01:14 PM

Mein Auto: 09' 535
2012 X5d first 5000 Miles

I've had a 2012 x5D for 5000 miles and here are the problems I've run into so far.

Can't stop the car from having a jerky feel when going up a hill. I have tried D and DS. Seems like it is going into 2nd gear right away and then all of sudden shifts down to 1st but does so with a big jerk.

When accelerating from a dead stop it seems to have a delay before it jumps off the line. I feel this especially when having to make quick lefts at a signal. I almost have to accelerate early to get it there.

Ive heard I can reset the tranny to help for the first problem. I am mainly a DS driver so I may need to drive it in D so it learns my driving. Not sure.

If anyone has any thoughts on problems.

Thanks!

Last edited by eddie33081; 12-07-2012 at 04:19 PM.
Ads by Google
Old 11-18-2012, 02:39 PM
'12 X5 35d Black-on-Black

Mein Auto: X5d Ski Machine-Blk Betty
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie33081 View Post
I've had a 2012 x5D for 5000 miles and here are the problems I've run into so far.

1. Can't stop the car from having a jerky feel when going up a hill. I have tried D and DS. Seems like it is going into 2nd gear right away and then all of sudden shifts down to 1st but does so with a big jerk.

2. When accelerating from a dead stop it seems to have a delay before it jumps off the line. I feel this especially when having to make quick lefts at a signal. I almost have to accelerate early to get it there.

3. My x5 is currently in the shop for the 3rd time in regards to a sensor going out. First it would not start and would crank for 20 seconds before doing so. Then a sensor for the fuel injectors went out and the car would not run. It is currently in for the 1st problem again.

Ive heard I can reset the tranny to help for the first problem. I am mainly a DS driver so I may need to drive it in D so it learns my driving. Not sure.

If anyone has any thoughts on problem 1 or 2 it would be appreciated.

Thanks!
None of that sounds "normal" AT ALL. You did not put information about speed for 1 so we don't have a way to test for that same affect. I DO notice that the RPMs go significantly higher when the engine is cold but never noticed any THUMPs upon gear change you describe in #1.

'12 X5d Sapphire/Black/Bamboo, Sport (ZAP), Premium (ZPP) & Premium Sound(ZPS) packages: 20" 214's, OEM Hitch
'11 Victory Ness Cross Country!!!
GONE - '06 750Li Sapphire Black/Creme&Black (Loadeddddd)