Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion pertaining to the flagship BMW here.

Old 11-23-2012, 07:49 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2005 745i Black w/HRE 20s
Which speakers are blown? Common speakers to go on the 7?

Hi Everyone,

I definitely know my front right door speaker is blown because I can hear the crackling and sometimes it completely goes out similar to how my center speaker had blown. However, I think there are more blown speakers in my car.....

Which are the common speakers to go on the 7? I want to be proactive about replacing them because I love the sound and right now it sounds like crap with the one speaker blown. Or at least how can I identify them? I'm not sure if my driver side speaker is blown too, it sounds not as clear but not blown like the center or right channel are.

So far I have had the AMP replaced once already, and the center speaker. About to replace the right door speaker and will probably replace the left front door speaker as well just because it is probably going to go out if the right one went.
Advertisement
Old 11-23-2012, 08:49 PM

Mein Auto: 2002 745Li
Were did you amp from I need one of those.

Mark Twain
Old 11-23-2012, 09:22 PM

I had mine done from becker autosound directly, the manufacturer of the AMP. BUT, I would not recommend getting it done by them. 1. They took forever, and the first time they sent me somebody else's amp that they fixed because it was taking so long (1-month+) without telling me that it was somebody else's amp. Then when I ran it in the car it sounded like **** compared to my original amp. 2. When I called back they made me double and trip-check everything and didn't tell me until after I sent it in for the 2nd time was it not my original amp that they had sent me back. Very dishonest people I would not recommend and it took forever to get it fixed. Now that I have it back the 2nd time it does work fine though. Just took 3months to get fixed, I wouldn't do business with them again.

I would recommend the independent here on the forum (see one of the sticky threads). He fixes them fast and honestly.
Old 11-23-2012, 10:17 PM

Update: removed door panel, put speaker on a home stereo system and it performed just fine. False alarm, looks like the speaker didn't blow but the ASK unit. Time for that repair
Old 11-24-2012, 05:15 AM

Mein Auto: 2008 BMW 750Li
BELIEVE ME its not your speaker its your amp, I had the same problem and thought the same thing but was wrong ..... if you get it fix at the dealer its gonna set you back $1,400 ......

Sent from my DROIDX using Bimmer App