Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E23 / E32 (1977 - 1994)

7 Series - E23 / E32 (1977 - 1994)

Old 03-24-2013, 05:25 PM

Mein Auto: 1999 540it
For sale: 1988 735i with factory 5-speed

The bad news: It's non-op. Currently without a differential and has an electrical gremlin that eats batteries when it sits for a few days. Has been sitting motionless in my driveway for 18 months. Before that, the engine ran strong and I never had a problem with smog. Various suspension bits and pieces have been replaced but it needs more work. The climate control is finicky, the OBC doesn't work, the dash computer's pixels are out, the leather seats needs repair or replacement. On the plus side, the body has no rust at all and it's straight, no accidents.

If you're reading this you know how rare this car is. And it's not greymarket--I checked. It's one of fewer than 1000 US e32s that shipped with a manual transmission. I absolutely love the car and haven't yet gotten rid of it because I really wanted to do a full restoration. Alas, I have neither the time nor the resources right now.

I need this car to go to a good home. I'd love $950 for it but more importantly I want to pass it on to someone who will love and restore it. If you're interested please PM me. Thanks!
Ads by Google
Old 04-05-2013, 01:03 PM

Mein Auto: 1999 540it
To clarify: I'd *like* $950 for it but I'll *take* pretty much any offer that doesn't include me paying you to haul it away. Also I really need the car to go to someone who will restore it, not use it for a donor vehicle.
Old 05-28-2013, 08:29 AM
Gearhead

Mein Auto: 85 735i Euro, 03 ML500
Wish I was on your coast